PDA

View Full Version : New Forum member - Mike Hill - Hello everyone!

Wannabemike
08-04-2019, 11:11 PM
Hi Folks
I'm excited to become part of your community!
I've been a diesel pusher owner for 5 years ago, and just this summer upgraded to a 2004 prevost country coach, and thoroughly loving it!
I came from a safari cheetah, so quite the upgrade for me.
Geez, this Prevost rides nice!!
I hope I can bring some knowledge, and gain some knowledge, as i've been a closet forum snooper for a number of years, but have never joined anything like this. I've sniped a lot of information on this forum!!
I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty in any way, and although i've only owned a prevost for a couple months now, i've become quite familiar with it. Although i have a long ways to go!
Just replaced all the batteries with new lifelines, and just ordered a set of Michelin steer tires. Replaced the antique docking lights with an led replacement(holy cow that took me a lot of research to change 4 lights out!)
On my list of things to do are: replacing audio visual equipment, possibly upgrading crestron screens to ipads, changing the bushings on steering linkages up front so i can align this thing correctly(six wheel alignment necessary?), have a couple of seals on the engine(per the prevost mechanic) to replace eventually

alright, enough for now!

Looking forward to this community!

Mike and Emily Hill
+ 8 kids
(We love traveling in this thing)

Joe Camper
08-05-2019, 06:44 AM
Congratulations but not on the bus on the 8 kids. Is the bus going to be big enough?

GoneCrazy
08-05-2019, 09:29 AM
Congratulations on the new to you coach. It looks like a beauty. The alignment you are talking about is called a 3 axle alignment in the Prevost world , And will take 6-8 hrs for them to do. And will drive like a dream afterwards. As my friend Camper Joe used to say “ Welcome to the Madness “ and a little warning for you. You coach will become the other woman and will cost like you have a mistress put up in a penthouse somewhere. Keep your receipts for your maintenance records and proof to Mrs Emily that it was really all spent on the coach. Most of all BE SAFE

dale farley
08-05-2019, 12:52 PM
Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the forum.

Gil_J
08-05-2019, 02:46 PM
Congratulations on your dive into the world of Prevost motorhome conversions. FWIW, I think CC was one of the better engineered Prevost conversions. And who doesn't love a CC paint job!

Flatbroke
08-05-2019, 05:47 PM
Nice bus Mike, As a couple has stated already have your wallet ready. It is a must to be able to work on this buses yourself or it will break you and it sounds like you are up for the task.

Wannabemike
08-05-2019, 05:48 PM
Thank you!
@joe camper. yeah they just don’t make a bus to fit all 10 of us comfortably but we’re half cracked anyway with that many kids so what does it matter? It’s a good test of our marriage every time we go out!
@Rocky yeah my wife thought I was crazy too for wanting this Prevost! Good thing she doesn’t really know how much love and attention these things need. She’d boot me out in no time! Somehow I’ve gotta figure out how to hide the cost of these batteries tires and everything else!! Pm me on the sly if you guys have any advice! Ha!
@Dale and Gil. Thanks! We really like the Country Coach. And it sure is a beauty in and out and maintained very well, I marvel at its condition for being 15 years old. The exterior looks brand new! They sure have the paint thing figured out!
Even this crestron system works like it’s supposed to. It’s pretty much caveman technology being 15 years old!

Mike

Wannabemike
08-05-2019, 05:51 PM
Thanks! Yeah the Ben franklins fly out of the wallet in the masses with this thing!
lots of fun though!
Mike

BadFitter
08-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Welcome Mike. I'm guessing your 2004 CC is an L-series bus. We own L030, a 2006 CC. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.

Happy Trails,

Canuck Chris
08-06-2019, 11:07 PM
Hey Mike welcome! Does yours have 365's up front? Thats a must for me as well, hopefully this year or next for me to get one as well :)

GoneCrazy
08-07-2019, 08:24 AM
Thanks! Yeah the Ben franklins fly out of the wallet in the masses with this thing!
lots of fun though!
Mike

Mike, You can tell the wife that you are investing the $$ for the kids college. And hope like heck they all get scholarships !

Loc
08-07-2019, 08:43 AM
Welcome Mike. The move from DP to Prevost is mind boggling. I hope you wife enjoys it as much as you. Nice paint job.

Wannabemike
08-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Hopefully I don’t get kicked out of the group here for not knowing the answer😬
I’m not sure what the L series is?
mike

Wannabemike
08-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Thank you!
All my wife cared about is wether the fridge would get cold!
she loves it!
the old coach was similar to rolling down the road in a tuna can!
Earplugs were issued at the front door, and the driver got a free calisthenics lesson wrestling the steering wheel!
served us well though!
Loving the Prevost for sure

Wannabemike
08-07-2019, 12:34 PM
Ha! Yeah I’m gonna be in the poorhouse anyway paying for all their school, I had to break it to the first one to leave the house that the odds on the lotto ticket aren’t so bad after all!

Wannabemike
08-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Hey Chris
no I have the 315’s up front. Is it a pretty nice upgrade?
ive seen some commentary on it but haven’t followed it closely..
im sure it will empty the wallet for the day until next paycheck eh?
i just ordered new steer tires but haven’t had them put them on yet. I had some pretty good wear on the outside of the right front steer tire, that wore it down..
hoping I can fool joecamper that the U.P of Michigan is a must see this fall to do some front end work to take care of the issues!

Wannabemike
08-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Hey Chris
no I have the 315’s up front. Is it a pretty nice upgrade?
ive seen some commentary on it but haven’t followed it closely..
im sure it will empty the wallet for the day until next paycheck eh?
i just ordered new steer tires but haven’t had them put them on yet. I had some pretty good wear on the outside of the right front steer tire, that wore it down..
hoping I can fool joecamper that the U.P of Michigan is a must see this fall to do some front end work to take care of the issues!

Gil_J
08-07-2019, 04:37 PM
I did the 365 upgrade on my coach myself. It was surprisingly easy. I don't recommend the change unless your required tire pressure is 120+. It will add to a smoother ride, which for some is reason enough to make the change.

BadFitter
08-07-2019, 04:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that 2004 Country Coach conversions were the beginning of the L-series. That means your Country Coach serial number begins with L. A friend of our has an 04 and their CC serial number is something like L003. Look on the A pillar driver's side. Here is a picture of ours (#L030-2006). We are the 30th L-series conversion. 2006 model built on a 2005 Prevost shell.
The L-series all had Crestron control systems I've been told. L-series models are well thought of.

BadFitter
08-07-2019, 04:40 PM
Click on the picture and it show right side up....

Wannabemike
08-07-2019, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that 2004 Country Coach conversions were the beginning of the L-series. That means your Country Coach serial number begins with L. A friend of our has an 04 and their CC serial number is something like L003. Look on the A pillar driver's side. Here is a picture of ours (#L030-2006). We are the 30th L-series conversion. 2006 model built on a 2005 Prevost shell.
The L-series all had Crestron control systems I've been told. L-series models are well thought of.

ok, yes without looking right now, I believe I'm L004.. I do have the crestron system.. I'm very impressed with the country coach build, but don't know a lot about the others. everything works suprisingly well

BadFitter
08-07-2019, 07:31 PM
If I can help, just ask.

Joe Camper
08-07-2019, 09:42 PM
That is sharp.

IFI
08-07-2019, 10:58 PM
Yes mike you have L004

Wannabemike
08-08-2019, 07:03 AM
Thanks Jeff!

Wannabemike
08-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Thanks Gil
Is there a thread here on how to do it?

Mike

Gil_J
08-08-2019, 07:20 PM
http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?8889-Conversion-to-365-Tires&highlight=365+upgrade