PDA

View Full Version : Pet temperature Monitor

Dthomas9572
07-23-2019, 02:40 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a pet temperature monitor? I would prefer a WiFi unit as not to have an extra cellular bill. I have a Verizon Jet Pack that I leave in my coach ensuring wifi access.

BadFitter
07-23-2019, 09:36 PM
We use Sensor-Push.

SensorPush (http://www.sensorpush.com)

We have sensors in multiple locations - front salon, bedroom, wet bay, front bay, and even inside our bay fridge/freezer. The smart phone app is very good.

Gil_J
07-24-2019, 08:01 AM
Can you access local network devices through a JetPack? In most cases, your JetPack would have to have a dedicated IP address.

Dthomas9572
07-24-2019, 08:09 AM
HI Gil,

The jet spot is a Verizon hot spot. I find on the road finding net service is pretty much impossible and not secure if we do.

Gil_J
07-24-2019, 08:49 AM
I'm well aware of what a VzW Hotspot is. My question is can you remotely access devices on your local hotspot network without a static IP address on your JetPack? Some local devices, like some security camera companies, overcome this general requirement through a hosting service that performs dynamic host IP address resolution.

BadFitter
07-24-2019, 09:12 AM
We are running a dual SIM CradlePoint.... my tech guru (spouse) would have to comment on how it is setup. His billing rates are excessive so I tend to not bother him... <smile>

rfoster
07-24-2019, 05:20 PM
We have verizon wifi and use "Temp Stick" - battery operated and works well with our cell phones. I think we got it from Amazon.

Gil_J
07-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Roger, that's an interesting product for those with network attached coaches. It appears to communicate with a web server so no need for the more costly static IP address.

Dthomas9572
07-26-2019, 12:42 PM
All,

I just receive the Emmerson ER108002 Wireless Security Camera. I purchased it from Amazon for $57.96. I am using the Verizon Jetpack as my WiFi. It just took a few minutes to download app and get it set up. It was easy and works perfectly. My main reason for purchasing it was it said it would monitor and send temperature of coach. PLUS it is a live camera with pan and tilt functions. Temperature reads 72 in my house.

I am going to put in my coach and see if there are any issues with it. Will keep all posted. As of now it seems to be exactly what I am wanting. NOTE it does not send alerts if temperature changes, but that will work for me as I plan on using it when I leave my dog in the coach. I plan on checking in regularly.

I like the camera to see what he is up to. You can also hear sound, as this is made as a baby monitor.

Thanks

Gil_J
07-26-2019, 09:10 PM
Good news on the video camera!

Dthomas9572
07-26-2019, 09:25 PM
Yes, it seems great, I have had it in my coach all day and it works perfectly. It also gives motion alerts, so a rare break-in would be noticed. Also it is cool that you can speak into the phone and talk to my dog in the coach. LOL

Denny
07-26-2019, 11:06 PM
How does the Verizon Jetpack work when it goes into derate mood? I have a Jetpack with “unlimited” coverage but after 15 gb it slows way down and I have to keep buying additional data to keep up the speed. Is your system as efficient under slow speed as it is at top speed?

Dthomas9572
07-27-2019, 07:47 AM
Denny,

That I don't know. I currently have multiple hot spots. I am on sprint with hotspot, My wife is Verizon with hotspot on her phone and then the jetpack. This gives us tons of data UNLESS we stream a lot.