PDA

View Full Version : Who is Diamond Leasing?

lewpopp
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Maybe the PS (Prevost Sleuth) can figure this out.

I often turn to the program Extreme Makeover where they feature a Prevost conversion each week. At the onset of the program, Marathon was the converter for over 2 years. I sse now that they do not show the name of the converter even though they sometimes show a scribble or something on the side as they pan the coach. Illegible as it is, I had my wife go to the credits on line and she came up with Diamond Leasing. She went to that and only found trucks. I am guessing it is an off shoot of The Vantare leasing program that owes everyone in town.

I guess I have no other important things to do so now I need the sneeky sleuth (JPJ) to investigate.

Wonder why Marathon stepped back?

Lew

merle&louise
03-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Lew,

Seems like I remember reading on POG or the other Prevost-stuff.com site that the "Extreme Makeover" bus was wrecked last year. It ran off of the road, and rolled down a hill.:(

I may be wrong, but I think that's what happened, to the best of my memory! Of course, Marathon could replace the wrecked bus for only about $1.5MM:D

Glad you and Kathy are coming to Kerrville!:)

garyde
03-12-2007, 12:58 AM
They have had many different Marathon Buses on the show over the years. Everything is Sponsor related . I would think Marathon no longer wanted to pay the Fee. Gary

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Yah, Now they have their own extreme makeover of the wreck!:eek: JIM

truk4u
03-12-2007, 09:48 AM
This past Sundays episode was shot 2 miles from my house. When they finished the show, the bus was parked outside this gated community and I recall it being a Vantare, I think. I know it was an H and I liked it!:D

Ben
03-12-2007, 06:25 PM
I saw the wrecked bus at Marathon when I was passing through Oregon. It tipped onto its side and slid down a steep area before being stopped by hitting a telephone pole. The pole hit the roof and created a crease... there wasn't much external damage visible other than some cracked windows, but I'm sure it wasn't pretty inside, etc.

Someone said it was the first time the show didn't use a driver supplied my Marathon. It sounds like it was on the way back from Alaska and there was an animal or something on the road and the driver took it onto the soft shoulder and that's when it tipped.

Fixing the coach was going to be Marathons side project over the next six months or so.

I'm assuming they might not have made out all that great in the insurance settlement... but I don't know any details of that.

lewpopp
03-12-2007, 10:28 PM
By the way, Truck....When Bill and Jody heard the Mega Millions was won by a Georgia truck driver, they said they knew you and had better get in line. Not exactly that way, but, something like that. Can you imagine if you had been the one, Hmm, we could all have new paint jobs after you got drink and forgot where you were.

I'll tell you this, I sure do feel like I hit the lotto. My wife had to fly out today because an infant grandchild of ours was to get a MRI today. Of course we're hoping for pleasant results. Thank god for todays medicine.

Lew

Orren Zook
03-13-2007, 05:04 AM
Maybe the PS (Prevost Sleuth) can figure this out.

I often turn to the program Extreme Makeover where they feature a Prevost conversion each week. At the onset of the program, Marathon was the converter for over 2 years. I sse now that they do not show the name of the converter even though they sometimes show a scribble or something on the side as they pan the coach. Illegible as it is, I had my wife go to the credits on line and she came up with Diamond Leasing. She went to that and only found trucks. I am guessing it is an off shoot of The Vantare leasing program that owes everyone in town.

I guess I have no other important things to do so now I need the sneeky sleuth (JPJ) to investigate.

Wonder why Marathon stepped back?

Lew

Here's the scoop Lew - they're right in Jon's backyard and probably lease to the entertainment industry.
Diamond Coach Leasing
(615) 228-3130
533 Hickory Hills Blvd
Nashville, TN 37211

Just Plain Jeff
03-13-2007, 07:49 AM
There are a bunch of firms in TN that are involved in the short and long term leasing of entertainment-shell type coaches. They range from some pretty shabby conversions to very slick star coaches. The daily rental rate on an XLII is $1600 a day, with driver and fuel.

The star entertainer tour operators often rent several of these coaches for a tour, one for the star, one for the band, one for the dancers, and sometimes others for key grips and top technical personnel. Then they rent a couple of straight trailers for the equipment and sets.

There's a guy UP the road from us who owns 200 of these coaches. It is his claim that he doesn't make any money from the rental of the coaches, but instead it is a beneficial tax deal and makes a few bucks when the coaches are flipped at the end of use to lesser 'stars.'

It is probably cheaper to rent a bus for a tv production, even on a daily basis than to trash a new conversion that would significantly depreciate after use on television. And a bit more: It probably doesn't make sense to promote a conversion brand on National television on a cost/thousand basis when you can do the secret handshake at a camper show.

mikedee
03-13-2007, 10:55 PM
I was at Prevost, Mira Loma today and meet a driver for Senator Coach. They are the silver coach’s with scroll on the sides. The driver was bored waiting for his coach and started talking to my wife about leasing coach’s and the stars that they work for.

Before long we were invited into the coach and I was very impressed. Well done, very nice durable appointments and great quality of construction. The two bunks are OK but a waste of space for the few trips we take our adult kid's on. I see why the star’s like them - I did.

Mike & Dee
East Shore, Pomona CA tonight

truk4u
03-14-2007, 07:54 AM
Mike,

We had the same experience at Nashville Prevost. Spent the better part of the morning with the guy who owns and operates Oprah's two busses, one for her, the other for her mother. We learned a lot about the entertainer bus business from him, it's huge in Nashville.

He had a three year contract with Oprah, structured in a way that at the end of the lease, the two new buses would be paid for. He did not however, have much of a home life, meeting her airplanes keeps him moving all the time. The bus was never lived in, it was designed to be her taxi between the airport and wherever she goes or to escape the crowds.