PDA

View Full Version : Bus Kote Ceramic Paint

Dthomas9572
06-27-2019, 05:53 PM
Hello,

I just finished coating the top of my coach with Bus Kote Ceramic paint. Joe Camper says it does wonders for the heat reduction. Looking forward to trying it out. Getting hot in Oklahoma.

David

Joe Camper
06-27-2019, 09:58 PM
I dare ask. How many how many coats did you put.

Dthomas9572
06-28-2019, 06:52 AM
Hey Joe,

One coat of Bondit Primer (2 gallons) , then 6 coats of Bus Kote (11 gallons), lastly 2 coats of sealer with ceramic beads added to the mix. My back hurts!

GoneCrazy
06-28-2019, 07:36 AM
It will feel like a different Bus. it is one of the best upgrades I have done.

Dthomas9572
06-28-2019, 07:49 AM
That is great to hear..how many coats did you put on your coach?

GoneCrazy
06-29-2019, 11:10 AM
That is great to hear..how many coats did you put on your coach?

2 Primer , 2 Coating and 2 Sealer. Wish I had added beads to the coating and sealer. And put more coats on like you did. But the old Dude applying it kept complaining about his back hurting. LOL

Dthomas9572
06-30-2019, 09:55 AM
I thought while I was coating I would keep going. The hardest part was the prep and masking of bus.

From the manufacturer I could not get a firm answer if more is better but Joe said to was best to get more coats. Yes, I wish I had put beads in the primer, but I did get 8 coats with beads.

I get it out of the temp shed on Tuesday and will try it out. I am excited that you said it made a big difference.

What difference did you see? I am thinking about adding ceramic window tent to my windows next? Has anyone tried this?

GoneCrazy
07-01-2019, 08:57 AM
I thought while I was coating I would keep going. The hardest part was the prep and masking of bus.

From the manufacturer I could not get a firm answer if more is better but Joe said to was best to get more coats. Yes, I wish I had put beads in the primer, but I did get 8 coats with beads.

I get it out of the temp shed on Tuesday and will try it out. I am excited that you said it made a big difference.

What difference did you see? I am thinking about adding ceramic window tent to my windows next? Has anyone tried this?

DThomas,
My coach had never had the roof re-coated. And when it started getting hot in the sun it would pop and crack and heat up like an oven in the heat of the day. Now with the coating the popping and cracking is gone and I find it easier to keep cool in 90’s temps. I am interested in the ceramic window tint also. I have read that it is pretty expensive to do, but have not researched it as far as cost to do the entire coach. I am sure there are different manufacturers of the film out there. If you get any information on the best quality and most durable film available. Please share here with us ? I would like to see some real world data on the efficiency of it. Like infrared readings on two windows side by side. One with and one without. Single pane windows just suck. But at least they do not fog up between the panes.

Dthomas9572
07-05-2019, 12:03 PM
I can't believe the difference on the heat. When on top of the roof in the heat of they day, the front and back painted caps could fry an egg, the roof coat is not even warm it feels like the roof in the middle of the night...this is awesome

Joe Camper
11-07-2021, 09:43 AM

As i read the instructions on how long between coats i determine they r giving me contradictory instructions. WTF

Please opine

Did they mistakenly use the word minimum 24hr for what should have been maximum 24hr?

I put the first coat yesterday 3 pm. Can i put another now next day 9am. Its overnight but it aint 24 hr?????????

Gil_J
11-07-2021, 07:38 PM
They are just wondering who reads the label. It's impossible to wait at least 24 hours and not have an overnight. Too funny.

Joe Camper
11-08-2021, 05:27 PM
But the days r longer on Mars.

Look how nice a roof is on a bus with cruisair.

RPSHOP
11-08-2021, 10:30 PM
Thanks Joe, for a spectacular job!!! I could not be happier!!

Ck2hans
11-09-2021, 09:45 AM
Joe:

Plan on doing my roof down the road (pun intended). Can the roof coating be applied to the front and rear cap sections of the H3-45?

Chuck

P.S. Nice job.

Joe Camper
11-09-2021, 11:37 AM

Sure chuck. This also keeps thermal protection on either side of a surface. If u can see any of the backside of those caps pait them too.

Look at the cap pictures. We went as far as we could without seeing it from the ground. Every seam rivit line and all the horn posts got sealed in. This roof was reasonably easier than the average bus roof. I was there 6 days.

U guys who r working hard at trying to zero out your camper u need to solicit this guys help and advice. Hes here on POG, every day.

Here he is detailing the otrac cndenser bay. Had to put the cigar down for the paint gun.

This is an 01 a 2000 chassis.

RPSHOP, where will it end? U have gone further than any guy ive ever come across.

Take the friggin thing out of the garage. Lets go see if we can get Locs rock crawler Jeep on its side i was serious. He wont care. we will stand it back up.

Loc
11-09-2021, 12:16 PM
I saw Robert's (RPSHOP) engine bay last week. All I can say is wow! It looks brand new. Nice work.

georgew
12-21-2021, 09:16 PM
Where can you find info on RPSHOP
I saw Robert's (RPSHOP) engine bay last week. All I can say is wow! It looks brand new. Nice work.

Hoffman
12-21-2021, 10:05 PM
George, RPSHOP is a coach owner to posted to this forum. You can always click on someone's name to get more info about them. Then at the top of the page click on the "About Me" tab and you'll see as much info as they chose to share. For RPSHOP, you'll learn Full name, address, phone and more.

Joe Camper
12-22-2021, 06:55 AM

Greece U can identify him by the level of quality of restoration of his bays on his 2000 chassis.

georgew
12-23-2021, 10:53 PM
Some say they apply beads to primer and base coat. I don't see a listing for the beads on the website Hy-TECH. iNTERESTED in beads and quanity to add to primer and top coat.