PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham, AL Parking

TG Transport
06-13-2019, 04:28 PM
I seem to recall hearing about a great overnight hook up off 459 in Birmingham that is maybe an athletic complex or equestrian facility that some of us have camped in. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Gil_J
06-13-2019, 04:35 PM
Towson,

This place is a model for other major metropolitan areas to consider given few have campgrounds. It's basically a full hookup campground in a parking lot. It's huge and always available when there's not a big even going on. We stayed here a couple weeks ago.

https://hoovermetcomplex.com/rv-park/

TG Transport
06-13-2019, 08:48 PM
Thanks Gil! Hope you're doing well.

wmbrooks
06-14-2019, 07:49 AM
The Hoover Met is a nice facility. We were there in late May for the SEC Baseball Tournament.

MIsheeTX
10-03-2021, 01:43 PM
I seem to recall hearing about a great overnight hook up off 459 in Birmingham that is maybe an athletic complex or equestrian facility that some of us have camped in. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Am there for business often and this is the go-to when in that area.

MIsheeTX
12-14-2021, 10:36 PM

Great place to go. Met another Marathon XLII owner there over the span of 2-nights while passing through. Half appear to be full timers and the other half are in transit.