PDA

View Full Version : What Is

JIM KELLER
03-09-2007, 09:47 AM
What is the Prevost Prouds Chapter ? I never see them mentioned on this web site. Do people like ; Tom, Just Plain Jeff, Lew, Jon, Roger, Ray, etc,etc belong to that group ? Do they have all the fun this group has or is that the dark side ?

Jon Wehrenberg
03-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Jim,

The PP is a very large chapter or FMCA. There are a bunch of great people in it and there are some jerks. The jerks who are impressed with themselves and their financial balance sheet at one time outnumbered the good guys so my wife and I bailed out.

I understand from others who may post here that the PP is trying to be a better group. It is more a social organization compared to POG which is more oriented towards hands on care of the coach.

There are also some converter groups. Each type of organization has its merits. I would urge new Prevost owners to join them all just to be able to soak up as much knowledge about the Prevost experience as possible.

JIM KELLER
03-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Jim,

The PP is a very large chapter or FMCA. There are a bunch of great people in it and there are some jerks. The jerks who are impressed with themselves and their financial balance sheet at one time outnumbered the good guys so my wife and I bailed out.

I understand from others who may post here that the PP is trying to be a better group. It is more a social organization compared to POG which is more oriented towards hands on care of the coach.

There are also some converter groups. Each type of organization has its merits. I would urge new Prevost owners to join them all just to be able to soak up as much knowledge about the Prevost experience as possible.

Jon, Nicely put. Thanks for the explanation.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Jim,

This group is unlike any interest group we have ever belonged to. We tease a lot, but there is also the serious side. A tremendous amount of knowledge and experience is represented in POG. Going along with that is a real sense of community.

For as young as POG is, an awful lot of knowledge has been made available to any that need it. We represent new coaches to old coaches and everything in between. The rallies have been very informative because of all the skills possessed by the members. We have done things you will never see at a PP rally or a Liberty rally. Until POG I never saw anybody take a piece of bent bus metal and restore it. At any other group rally nobody ever handed out CDs with part numbers or complete wiring and pneumatic diagrams for every coach. This is heavy duty stuff.

But as you have seen there is the light side of things and I mean that figuratively and literally. POG is a great balance of learning and fun.

ken&ellen
03-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Jim, My wife and I have been RVing for.....well just say...a long time and we have been members of Good Sams as well as FMCA for many years. When we first purchased our Liberty, with the help of POG members, we investigated the Prouds. It seemed that they were interested in our social standing and the year of our coach prior to actually meeting us. Reminded me of the old country club scene of years gone by. Conversely, the POGGERs were like an old shoe that fit nicely and could be worn anywhere. Ellen & I knew that POGI was going to be enjoyable and it was fantastic....because of the people. What other group can topics range from belt fed weapons, slack adjusters, used cars, horses, aircraft, Harleys, BBQ, Corona Kelly, and electronic devices...in the same day:cool:
Jon was very eloquent in his giving his opinion...he is a gentleman. Ken

lewpopp
03-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Wouldn't it be neat to go to a PP rally and show up with our older coaches and dressed in coveralls and a few other goodies. Most of the PPs would have an attack. I'd like to scare the s--t out of them but couldn't afford the big rally cost.

truk4u
03-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Jim,

Last August we were at our LAST FMCA rally in Charlotte and went to the Prevost Dinner. We were picked up by a bus that went to the PP area to pick up the Prouds. All I can say, we were out of our league!:eek: The conversation on the bus was all about I have, I have, I have and why they are upgrading their 6 month old bus. They treated us nice, but we felt like step children at a family reunion (JDUB understands that).:D But, if you ever want a great parking place at events, join the Prouds! They were high and dry and this is what it looked like for the rest of the world:

For those of you going to Perry, you can plan on this happening if it rains, and it always does.

We do actually have a card carrying PP member, his name is Mango!;)

Joe Cannarozzi
03-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Look at all the mud splattered all over the front corner on that first camper on the left? Probably from folks spinnin tires in the turn on the way out:eek:

win42
03-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Jon that was a elequent discription of the folks that go for free do-nuts in tuxedos and evening gowns. I'll stay with the greasy jeans and busted knuckle group if you all don't mind.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-11-2007, 04:40 PM
If only the PP knew that POG is the elite group and not everybody can pass muster.

Hey Tom, If you ever see a PP member you can tell them we have too: we have tools, we have know how, and we have buses we understand.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-11-2007, 06:51 PM
And we have Jeff. Three out of four can't be too bad.

win42
03-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Touche Jon

garyde
03-12-2007, 12:50 AM
I have my PP tie and I don't know what to do with it. I think the old dynamic for such RV groups will change over time. They are and were based on customs and cultures coming out of the 50's and the 60's . We are the new Model for an RV group. I would compare us to the Zen books which came out during the late 60's and 70's which gave homage to the Volkswagons, Motorcycles(Harleys), Sports Cars(Chevys,Fords), etc. This Group is not Status based, its Prevost based. Gary

BrianE
03-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Gary, :cool:

Though we're definitely pre-Zen folks, we dig. Pirsig was way ahead of his time. Well said.

Brian & Beverly
94 Liberty XL

win42
03-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey !! Lew and I resemble those remarks. It sounds to us PP is more in the Yuppy vien. Don't dump your ugly on our generation.:mad:
Truly we are the real thing here at POG, all of us.

" Od Guys Rule ";)

JIM KELLER
03-12-2007, 01:52 PM
WELL ! Looks like we all had fun with that Thread ! Thanks to everyone for the education. I'm learning !

truk4u
03-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey Harry, was that suppose to be "odd guys", or "ole farts".:D You didn't think you would get a pass on that one did you?;)

By the way, when does one qualify for old fart? I'm afraid some us are closer than what we think.. Jon, Jeff, etc.....:eek:

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-12-2007, 04:46 PM
truk4u;

By the way, when does one qualify for old fart? I'm afraid some us are closer than what we think.. Jon, Jeff, etc.....

Tom, I find that you are as young or old as you think you are. However, hanging around a young croud will keep you younger longer. Your better off not thinking about it and just hanging around with the likes of CORONA KELLY :p and everything turns out OK!! :)

From the other thread. You must keep your shaft joint properly lubed for a trouble free life.:D :eek:
JIM

Ray Davis
03-12-2007, 04:53 PM
So, after reading this thread, do I understand this correctly as the difference between POGGERs and PP'ers?

POGGER: (borrowing on another thread)
"Darn, what AM I going to use to buff those waterspots off my windows?"

PP'er:
"Looks like I'm gonna have to get my detailer out again to get those waterspots off of my windows".

:rolleyes:

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-12-2007, 05:24 PM
So, after reading this thread, do I understand this correctly as the difference between POGGERs and PP'ers?

POGGER: (borrowing on another thread)
"Darn, what AM I going to use to buff those waterspots off my windows?"

PP'er:
"Looks like I'm gonna have to get my detailer out again to get those waterspots off of my windows".

:rolleyes:
More like........I don't change my oil I just buy a new bus.:eek:
JIM:)

win42
03-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Tom: Farts are what someone got rid of when you whipper snappers were born. You better ease off, Lew and I will be at POG3 to square you smart A's away.

" Old Guys Rule "