PDA

View Full Version : We did it!

Ronnie G
03-08-2007, 09:15 PM
After lurking on this site for a while and spending the last 8 months searching and learning about Prevosts, we finally pulled the trigger on a 2005 Marathon with 30,000 miles. We have been in motorhomes for the past 24 years and the last three were Foretravel, which we have really enjoyed. We are very excited (and nervous). We will take delivery around the 19th or 20th of this month.

I was happy to find out about MPD on this site. My wife was beginning the process of trying to have me commited. After reading about MPD, she agreed that I am afflicted with the disease. Hopefully I will be cured soon. Too bad Blue Cross Blue Shield will not pay for the cure.

We will not have reliable internet service again until March 23rd or 24th. I will post then and update my mental state.

This is a great site and the info provided has been valuable. For example, we used Tommy Spirito for some financing. It was fast and simple. He was great to work with. Thanks again Tommy.

We will try to post some pictures in a week or so.

Thanks

Ronnie

shookie
03-08-2007, 09:36 PM
hello...shookie here...congrats on your new decision...i am also new to the prevost market...just picked one up less than a month ago...fun to learn, etc...best as always....shookie (up here in the 10 degree weather of northeastern pennsylvania...)

rfoster
03-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Ronnie G: Congrats on your new Coach. I am sure you and family will enjoy it. I must warn you that your MPD is now in therapy, NOT CURED. It can be controlled by staying in touch with other afflicted individuals as is the case here. Pictures of the coach are required and you must get Dale to locate you on the map! With proper dosage and following prescribed treatments you should be okay. For a while anyway.
Welcome:cool:

MangoMike
03-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Ronnie,

Welcome to the club. Can't wait to hear your thoughts and comments on the new bus. You'll be smiling for a while. Congratulations.

Mike

ken&ellen
03-09-2007, 07:37 AM
RonnieG, Congratulations on your new coach. Now it appears that there are two Marathons and only on Liberty in Georgia.......time to start the Liberty recruiting......now that the balance of power has shifted.:p Looking forward to the pictures. Ken&Ellen

Just Plain Jeff
03-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Ronnie:

Congratulations and welcome to The Light. I do wonder how a guy can be watching all this for months and still want to hang out here, though. Must be the MPD.

Helen is thinking that there should be a woman's group meeting at POG III, for, "Caring for MPD Caregivers." She wouldn't be a good candidate to lead the group however, since she has it and won't admit it. Long way to go on that one.

So the current candidates to lead the group, let's see, would be Dave Wall from Liberty and Steve Mitchell from Parliament. Wait, maybe that would be too harsh...we'll have to work on it.

You have already learned the Secret Handshake. But the SDR, well, that will have to wait until you get to POG III with your handsome new camper.

Enjoy your new coach and may you have many enjoyable miles traveling this wonderful country! We look forward to meeting you!

P.S. You brought up a new aspect to MPD: Let's see, if treatment is third-party reimburseable for insurance purposes, there are going to be way too many new coaches being obtained. What's the deductible?

Nice work.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Welcome to the asylum. This is the equivalent of a leper colony and a mental institution where the inmates all have a terminal disease, but they don't care.

Sane healthy people will never understand.

rmboies
03-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Ronnie,

Fabulous, congratulations on taking the Prevost plunge;) We have been suffering with MPD for quite awhile now and it is tough but there is hope:eek: Staying in touch with other Prevost owners as your support group is the key!!

truk4u
03-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Ronnie,

Congratulations, sounds like a great Bus. Glad to have another Marathon owner on board and stay on the dark side with us. The LED weenies will be attacking you soon!:D

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Welcome Ronnie, Happy to share your good news and excitement! :) Hope everything exceeds your expectations. Wave as you go by. ;) JIM

garyde
03-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Congradulations Ronnie. I'm not sure if the POG is an enabler but it sounds like relief is on the way. Bring that Beauty to POG III so we can all share in your recovery. Note to Insurers; Monthly Meds are covered.