PDA

View Full Version : POG III Travel Plans

JIM KELLER
03-06-2007, 09:51 AM
I noticed truk4u made a comment about the road condition of I 10. I have heard this route will "beat your coach to death" from other people also. He mentioned I 20 as an alternate. We will be heading there from Florida or North Carolina, but dont know which one yet. Anyone else have an opinion of the I 10 road surface condition ? Nothing like slamming these beauties in and out of "potholes" at 62.5 to 70.0 mph.

99 Country Coach 45XL

Jerry Winchester
03-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Jim,

I was thru there last month. Is it good? No. Is it bad? Yes. Is it WAY bad? Not as much as it was. They have done a lot to the bad section between Baton Rouge thru Lake Charles and on to the state line.

It is a gut rattler, so just make sure everything is tied down. I saw a segment on Mythbusters about driving on rough roads. It was scientifically proven that if you drive faster on a rough road, it is actually smoother inside the vehicle. However, the suspension must take a hammering, so let your conscience be your guide. I am sure Jon will slow to 22.5 mph for that portion of the drive.

MangoMike
03-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Jim,

I saw a segment on Mythbusters about driving on rough roads. It was scientifically proven that if you drive faster on a rough road, it is actually smoother inside the vehicle.

That's why I always take the speed bumps on my road to 40+.

Never notice them. ;)

mm

lewpopp
03-06-2007, 09:46 PM
If I were to try to go around I-10, I would go many miles out of the way. I see no routes to take as an alternative.

truk4u
03-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Coming from Florida your kinda screwed and have to take the washboard. Keep in mind Anaconda Boy was probably in his Redneck Caddy on his recent trip and didn't have the opportunity to once again beat his bus to death on I-10.:D Besides, his biggest concern was not spilling his Yoohoo needed to wash down the bag of Taco's followed by a Moon Pie.:p

BUSTER
03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Guys and gals,

For all people meeting and/or staying on Beaudry's around April 19th.

I reserved a rally rate at Beaudry's. Call toll free.. 877-694-9176 ($27 nite + tax):) . Please tell reservations you are with Prevost Owners Group lll. This rate is good 5 days before and 5 days after April 19th as well. All 10 spaces with be 65' pull thrus...she will set up more spaces if we need it.

Please let your friends know about this posting.

Ken Zitter and I have made the first two reservations.

BUSTER
03-07-2007, 02:56 PM
All,

Here is info on the next two nights:

April 20th...Sunny Acres..Las Cruces NM...505-524-1716...$31.49 per night for pull thus...they have 10 pull thu sites...

April 21st...KOA Ft. Stockton Texas...800-562-8607...$27 per night for a pull thu.. with a card...KOA/FMCA etc.

April 22...KERRVILLE !!!!!

Ray Davis
03-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Great job Mike.

Remember everyone, that's getting into Kerrville a day early, and you'll need to contact them directly to get a spot. They should give us the rally rate, up to 4 days before or after.

Coloradobus
03-08-2007, 01:54 PM
If we play our cards right,(Just bought a new house and building a bigger barn) we will spend a night in Santa Fe and meet up with the West Coasters in Las Cruces on the 20th:) .

Ray Davis
03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Whoohooo! The more the merrier!:D

Coloradobus
03-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Breaker-Breaker---where's that Rubber Duck???

garyde
03-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Guys and gals,

For all people meeting and/or staying on Beaudry's around April 19th.

I reserved a rally rate at Beaudry's. Call toll free.. 877-694-9176 ($27 nite + tax):) . Please tell reservations you are with Prevost Owners Group lll. This rate is good 5 days before and 5 days after April 19th as well. All 10 spaces with be 65' pull thrus...she will set up more spaces if we need it.

Please let your friends know about this posting.

Ken Zitter and I have made the first two reservations.

Great job Mike. Did you speak with them about the return trip the following week. Gary

Ray Davis
03-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Gary,

If I remember correctly Mike and Ken are continuing on to the FL area. I can't take any more days off, so I'm probably going to try to get to Beaudry by Sunday afternoon, and then work from there during the rest of the week. Not sure where I'd stop on Saturday, but would obviously welcome company during the drive.

truk4u
03-12-2007, 03:11 PM
For sure, for sure there C-bus, we got us a convoy coming from the west!!!!:D

win42
03-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Hey convoy are we going to use hand held radios or do I have to get the dmn CB working again. ? Looking forward to it. Does anyone have an extra rubber ducky? :cool:

BUSTER
03-21-2007, 01:12 AM
Poggers,

After POG lll , Jean and I are going East for awhile. We might try to meet our son and his family in DUCK, North Carolina around Memorial Day....does anyone have some insight about how feasible it is with a 45XLll around the Outer Banks????

Thanks

rmboies
03-21-2007, 09:14 AM
"Poggers,
After POG lll , Jean and I are going East for awhile. We might try to meet our son and his family in DUCK, North Carolina around Memorial Day....does anyone have some insight about how feasible it is with a 45XLll around the Outer Banks????"

Mike and Jean here is a link to a place some of the POGGERS stayed last year for a mini rally:

www.camphatteras.com.

Ken, Ellen, Mango and Donna all went so they can probably advise you as well. The pics look gorgeous. My guess is you should reserve early. Bob and I didn't make it there but one of these days we will! You can read more about it by using the search tool on this forum--just type in Hatteras and the posts regarding the topic will come up. Or you can try this but I am not sure the link will work:

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186&page=3&highlight=Hatteras

lewpopp
03-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Debi, are you going to jump in that bus and come out to POG III by yourself? You handle yourself like a champion here and Bob can just shovel the money he makes while you're gone into a closet.

garyde
03-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Gary,

If I remember correctly Mike and Ken are continuing on to the FL area. I can't take any more days off, so I'm probably going to try to get to Beaudry by Sunday afternoon, and then work from there during the rest of the week. Not sure where I'd stop on Saturday, but would obviously welcome company during the drive.

Sounds good to me Ray. I would still like to catch up on the trip out as well, I just have to wait and see when Lise and I can Leave. Gary

rmboies
03-22-2007, 08:53 AM
[Debi, are you going to jump in that bus and come out to POG III by yourself? You handle yourself like a champion here and Bob can just shovel the money he makes while you're gone into a closet.]

Hey Lew, I can't jump in the bus, it is in Florida with Millennium for sale:D Maybe I can hitch a ride with you and Kathy:D Just one question, will I still have to pay my part of the fuel since you won the fuel lottery:confused:

You never know, there is still a chance that Bob will surprise both of us!!

lewpopp
03-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Debi

Believe it or not, I can't think of a cute comment to make back. Can you imagine me at a loss of words? When I get to the III, I'll just sit back and listen to the rest of them. They won't recognize me as a quiet person.

As for sharing in the fuel, I am so fortunate in receiving the fuel cards, I'm still besides myself. You would be a welcome addition on the trip. You may or may not enjoy going 62.5 all of the way. We will be on the Mobilgas Economy Run even with the fuel gift.

BTW. We do not stop for tacos.

Lew

rmboies
03-22-2007, 10:38 AM
[Debi
Believe it or not, I can't think of a cute comment to make back. Can you imagine me at a loss of words?
Lew]

aha, so that is why I felt the earth stand still late this morning:eek: No Tacos is fine with me. 62.5 is a little slow but maybe Kathy or I can drive and you can nap:D

lewpopp
03-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Now thundering Deb....You want to go at a higher speed, huh? You'll have to fight off Kathy for a higher speed. She can tell if I pick up the speed by only 1 MPH even when she on the pot. I get no breaks, no how.

A lot of things in life have to be done slower in order to make the business at hand enjoyable.

Lew

Coloradobus
03-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Woo Hoo!!

Got reservations in Santa Fe Skies the 19th, Sunny Acres the 20th, Ft Stockton KOA the 21st, and Buckhorn Lake the 22nd. See you all on the road.

Buckhorn said to give them a call when the West Coast POG herd is getting close, so they can get all there ducks in a row. Hmmmm. Maybe we can find a Rest Area/Layover Spot before Buckhorn's exit and we can space ourselves at 10-15 minute arrival intervals, so not to overwhelm the check-in personnel.

BTW, how many POG caravanners from the west will there be in Las Cruces? Ken and Harry, we know?......

Breaker/Breaker, Rubber Duck!:D

Jon Wehrenberg
03-26-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm just trying to be logical here so this suggestion might not work.

Since a bunch of coaches are likely to descend on the RV park all at once, has anyone ever considered to just make a lot assignment list that can be placed in big letters near the entrance, and then after the coaches are in place the owners can then go check in?

Or will this be the normal check in procedure that makes folks head to Wal-Mart?

Coloradobus
03-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Good idea Jon,

We knew before hand what site we had at Santa Fe. But, I needed to go into the office anyhow. With the Airstream vintage bunch, the planning committee, (Chris and I are part of), we hae a "Parking Bastard" who assigns a rig a site, also allowing for preferences of who is next to whom. So, if we can get a lot assignment going, and park when we get there, then hit the office, that should work just as well as staggering our arrival. Plan "B", tho, could be the staging a staggered coach arrival.

garyde
03-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Jon. Sounds like a good idea... if we had a map of the sites prior to arriving.. or I would have to go into the office anyway. Maybe a 'host' at the entrance directing people to their sites.. any volunteers?

lewpopp
03-26-2007, 10:56 PM
If you are traveling in a caravan, arriving 15 minutes apart defeats the plan. Call ahead and tell them of Jon's idea.

Joe Cannarozzi
03-27-2007, 06:30 AM
Just saw a weather report this morn. on the tube and there was pictures of Kerrville, very flooded. Best to get that out of the way now hu.

win42
03-27-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm sure Jim would be happy to have all of the sites pr-assigned and meet us upon entering the park, clipboard in hand, and direct us to our respective sites using POG volunteers to help him.
Wouldn't you Jim huh Jim wouldn't you?
Roger and John would no doubt have cocktails waiting at the ready.
Thank you Jim.
Is this a great group or what.

Jim Skiff
03-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Harry,

I'll be there, clipboard in hand for those arriving on Monday.
We'll mix it up so all you POG I and IIers don't get too clicky.

Jim

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Harry,

I'll be there, clipboard in hand for those arriving on Monday.
We'll mix it up so all you POG I and IIers don't get too clicky.

Jim

Good Job, Jim.... Have the parking spaces already been assigned?

If so, you might get the space #'s out to the members, so they can have some idea of where they will be going in the park, EVEN after you tell them where to go, No What I mean ? :D

And don't forget you need to put me and my little Discovery 39' plastic coach away from the big boys, so they won't be able to pick on me so much? A stone's throw away from them should do it, but not so far away from everybody that I miss any of the action. :eek:

You guys be gentle. :o

Gary S

Ray Davis
03-27-2007, 05:50 PM
As for how many are coming in from the west? (I think originally asked by ColoradoBus). At last count we have 7 or 8, if everyone who indicated they are coming do indeed come.

Did you also get reservations at the other two locations? That would have been in Las Cruces and Fort Stockton (going by memory here. would need to look up the thread to confirm!)

jello_jeep
03-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Ray,

saw the link on the main POG page for the reservation info, I am dialed in for all three places! Woo hoo!

Trukman emailed me and said he was going to show up at Fort Stockton and do a complimentary detail on all the California coaches coming in so we would look proper rolling into Kerrville, just as a small way of thanking us all for coming.. Right nice of him I thought! :D

win42
03-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Jim: Thanks for jumping in on the parking. Please give one of our group in private, your cell phone No. so we can give you a heads up prior to arrival.
Your the best Nanny we ever had.

truk4u
03-28-2007, 10:20 AM
You west coasters need to be careful not to let Jeep fumble around in your engine compartment at night, he has a tendency to shut off important sparky switches that make your bus run!:rolleyes:

jello_jeep
03-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Ok, I see how it is, cop to ONE little mistake.......... :)

JIM KELLER
04-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Looking at the I 10 route between Florida and Texas for our trip to POG III. Any helpful advise on overnight R.V. locations would be appreciated.

mike kerley
04-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Jim, There are some pretty decent rest areas on I-10 which we use for "naps" while travelling from Florida to Houston, if you dont mind some diesel noise. I dont think we've ever stayed in an RV park along the way (we'll not discuss this with my wife).

Jon Wehrenberg
04-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Jim,

On 4/21 we are staying at Cajun Country CG just west of Baton Rouge in Port Allen. We intend to get there a little early and then go find some good Cajun food.

JIM KELLER
04-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Mike, Thanks for the update on Rest Areas. They always work fine for us when a campground doesn't fit in at the end of a day.

Jon, I will be looking up Cajun Country Camp Ground in my Big Rigs Best Bet as soon as it arrives. Just ordered it from Ken and found out they live at Buckhorn Lake R.V. Resort in Kerrville. Said he will have plenty of copies available for the Rally.

BUSTER
04-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Poggers,

If you are planning your fuel stops I want you to know that the resort has a fuel truck service. They will fuel you at the site at $2.89/gal...current price with a $50 mininum...this is about 10cents higher than what the west coast guys will see coming there and even more than that for the people coming from eastern Texas.....FYI...see you soon

BUSTER
04-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Jim. I am looking forward to meeting you at POG lll. Jean and I just moved from Gulfport Florida in January. We were right around the corner from you in Largo. See you soon

lewpopp
04-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Steve Cooper made a good post on the travels on I-10 from Gulfport Fl west. JPJ sent it to me and I tried to look it up just now without prevail. A lot of good tips on the route when he went to the Parlement Rally in New Orleans a year or so ago. I tried to search it out but I need the computer course, of course.

Try your luck.

Lew

JIM KELLER
04-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Mike, We will be looking forward to meeting both of you. Small world, isn't it !

Lew, I tried to find it but the CHALLENGE overwhelmed me.

lewpopp
04-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Jim, my wife said it was on Prevost-Stuff.

Lew

JIM KELLER
04-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Thanks Lew, I will look for it over there.

JIM KELLER
04-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Anyone stayed at : Eagles Landing R.V. Park in Holt, Fl. or Bayou Wilderness R.V. Resort in Lafayette, La.

bill&jody
04-07-2007, 10:18 PM
we're planning on stopping in new orleans for a bit of tourist action. anyone have any thoughts on the NO area?
wmm

truk4u
04-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Bill,

We have stayed a couple times at the KOA on the west side of town and they had a shuttle service to downtown. Don't know if anything has changed since Katrina, but it worked out well and the sites are big enough for the bus. It's a short hog ride to downtown as well....

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-08-2007, 07:34 PM
we're planning on stopping in new orleans for a bit of tourist action. anyone have any thoughts on the NO area?
wmm

They say the CRIME RATE is terrible,even worse than in years past, even for Louisiana ? :eek:

When Peg and I came back from Florida, after the first of the year, we stayed at a Real Nice, New Resort. http://www.fqrv.com/ It is called the French Quarter Resort. Fully paved sites, about 50 sites I think. The entire park is enclosed by a brick wall, for security reasons, and very nice. We would stay there again. They will pay for one way either to the Quarter or your return via taxi. Very nice people, and might be a great place for a future Mini POG Rally. :) Within walking distance from the Quarter, but NOT at NIGHT !!!!! :mad:

Gary S

BUSTER
04-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi,

I just got a call from the Prevost sales manager at Beaudry. He would like to host a dinner for us on April 19th. I am interested in a free meal and looking at some new stainless steel eye candy...he has a number of coaches in inventory.
If you are going to be at their facility that night and would be interested in a free dinner and checking out some new Country Coach Prevosts ,let me know. See you soon...

garyde
04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Mike, I am planning on being there, i do not know at what time however. Gary

win42
04-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Beaudry: Yes go ahead and accept their invitation. While there for two months I made them aware of our growing POG group. It won't hurt for us to get to know the Country Coach people stationed there. The $$$$$$$$$$$ the new units cost will enable us to resist any sales persuasion they dish out.

JIM KELLER
04-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Looking for some local Texas knowledge. West bound on I 10 at Houston. What is the recommended route ? Stay on I 10 straight through Houston or take the Beltway around the North or South.

garyde
04-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi JIM. From what I remember, I could see downtown Huston as I passed by on the I-10 traveling back to California from Florida.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Looking for some local Texas knowledge. West bound on I 10 at Houston. What is the recommended route ? Stay on I 10 straight through Houston or take the Beltway around the North or South.

In my humble opinion, you would be best to stay on I-10 and go straight thru Houston. YES it will be a mess, with construction everywhere, and TRAFFIC you won't believe, but I don't honestly think it would benefit you to go clear out and around on the belt way. Plus you have to stop a number of times and pay unless you have a TExas EZ TAg, and that is very time consuming as well.

Just travel slow and cautious, pick a middle lane and stay in it all the way through Houston, about 30 miles from the east side to the west side. You can marvel at our Texas Tax dollars at work, like we have to do, EVERY DAMN DAY !!!!:mad: :eek: :D

Gary S

BrianE
04-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey! All you guys arriving from the east. I spoke to JDUB last week and he is giving FREE wash-jobs to anyone who wants to stop by his hangar on the way to Kville. ;)

MangoMike
04-14-2007, 02:11 PM
I heard wash and WAX.

Mango

Gary & Peggy Stevens
04-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey! All you guys arriving from the east. I spoke to JDUB last week and he is giving FREE wash-jobs to anyone who wants to stop by his hangar on the way to Kville. ;)

Thats Funny !

But I just realized you guys don't talk to badly about JDUB when he is around to POST Back ? :confused:

How many of you really know how BIG of a Texas Boy JDUB is? Does Squash you like a bug mean anything to YA'LL? :D

But, Hey count me in at the Hangar. :)

Gary S

Jerry Winchester
04-15-2007, 02:59 PM
You know, I leave for a week and the whole crew goes mental.

What I said was Lew would be in Houston on Thursday and he would wash and wax any coach that happened to be parked next to him provided it wasn't leaning worse than his.

And you have to take him to HH.

dalej
04-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Jerry, we are so much looking forward to rolling in to Houston. We are going to go without food for 24hrs prior to arrival. :)

Jerry Winchester
04-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Dale,

You'll need to save room for some of this.......

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-15-2007, 06:17 PM
That's pretty COOL Jerry,
Are you an Antique Power kinda guy too?
:D ;) JIM

lewpopp
04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Okay, Dubber Man. I asked before....What is HH?

And that is homemade Ice cream. I can tast it from here. Mmmmmmm!!

lewpopp
04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Does it stand for Houston Hooks?

Lee Bornstein
04-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Just checked into Beaudry this afternoon and was met by two sales people even before I got out of the coach to register.

Once registered, I was given a "tour" of the 2006 Country Coach Prevost 45' XLII they have on display. Very Nice - only $1.3m "plus change" as the salesman said.

When checking in be sure to ask for the POG Discount otherwise you'll see a $40.00 bill when you check out.

Leaving tomorrow heading to El Paso. We're going to spend 2 nights there, visit the War Bird Museum on Tuesday and whatever else we can find of interest other than the zoo.

dalej
04-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Is everybody on the road, or headed toward Kerrville? It's quiet on this forum.

Ray Davis
04-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Not yet. Most of CA group heading out Thursday AM. How about you?

JIM KELLER
04-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Just reporting in. Headed to Kerrville Thursday morning. Three day trip. If any one is following me please pick up any pieces that fall off and bring them to Kerrville, please. Thanks !

dalej
04-16-2007, 04:42 PM
We are heading out Saturday afternoon. Should be in Oklahoma City in around eleven. We are
stopping in the Dallas area on Sunday to hook up with Chris and Debbie Yates. Then were off to
see the Wizard, the barbeque wizard that is.

mikedee
04-17-2007, 12:07 AM
I left from Pomona CA Friday night and got into the Big Easy about noon today. Great trip till I hit Houston TX. longest road construction in history more or less to the state line at LA. The road from California to South of Tuscon is great, with a 50 mile section of rough road then back to smooth all the way to Kerrville.

We averaged about 67 MPH and 7.7 MPG not bad! I am working all week in New Orleans, then to Prevost in Dallas for two new windshields on Monday, and on to Kerrville Monday night.

mike kerley
04-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Leaving Florida early thursday morning. Expect to spend Friday night in Huston with Kids, Saturday and Sunday in San Antonio (on the River Walk) and check in Monday at Kerrville. All this assuming the important parts keep turning as required and Karens medication keeps her sleeping.

Any information on the cell phone service at Kerrville? Karen hopes there is none, Clear Channel hopes there is!

On the road again, cant believe I'm on the road again (sing it Willie)

win42
04-17-2007, 10:43 AM
We arrived Beaudry/Tucson yesterday. Weather nice and cool so far. Were waiting for the SoCal gang to arrive and let the party to begin @ " Beer Bottoms Bistro " then on towards Kerrville Friday AM.

Ray Davis
04-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Alright, the road trip seems to have started for many of you!! Mike, I don't know if this is good news or not, but I used my cellphone in Kerrville without issue last October! Of course, you can always "drop" it if you don't want service! :D

I'm supposed to replace two windshields too, but will be doing it as part of the mechanics corner. That should be scary and a half.

Leaving Thursday AM. See you all soon.

jello_jeep
04-17-2007, 11:00 AM
We are up and running in the morning, making turns for Lake Havasu City AZ to pick up the bus and get everything running and spiffed up, then on to Beaudry's Thursday.

Se ya'll there!

Jon Wehrenberg
04-17-2007, 11:36 AM
The Redneck contingent (actually one Redneck and one Damn Yankee) will meet up tomorrow AM at 9:36 EDT for the two bus Caravan to Kerrville.

As long as we can keep the Chinese tires inflated, and can siphon enough fuel from unsuspecting truckers, and I remember to release the parking brake on the Jeep eater we should make it all the way to Kerrville.

We intend to put on the raw oyster feedbag in Mobile along the way.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-17-2007, 11:48 AM
The Redneck contingent (actually one Redneck and one Damn Yankee) will meet up tomorrow AM at 9:36 EDT for the two bus Caravan to Kerrville.

As long as we can keep the Chinese tires inflated, and can siphon enough fuel from unsuspecting truckers, and I remember to release the parking brake on the Jeep eater we should make it all the way to Kerrville.

We intend to put on the raw oyster feedbag in Mobile along the way.

Well Jon,
Your post took away all the fuel for jokes and chiding, so all I can say is: Hope you two Bus Loads have a safe and uneventful trip!:) See ya latter. :p JIM

JIM KELLER
04-17-2007, 03:19 PM
If we think we see a fellow Pogger along the way is there a special POG SALUTE I should know about ?

Jon Wehrenberg
04-17-2007, 04:47 PM
The salute can be found in the handbook....page 14.

It follows the instructions for the POG secret handshake. Do not discuss the details on this forum, however. There are those that paid the $100, but were not invited to join the inner sanctum.

Make sure you have the handbook addendum that shows the special light flashing sequence for coaches that pass in opposite directions. Failure to observe these rituals may cause you to lose your POG inner sanctum status.

JIM KELLER
04-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks.. Mr. Wehrenberg. Heavy on the Mr. I understand completely. Now if I could just find that Handbook. I know I have it somewhere. I remember the UPS man congratulating me when he delivered it and became aware I was a member of the elite !

rfoster
04-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Tennessee Caravan:cool:

Make that one Genuine RedNeck and One Damn Yankee. We will be proceeding at at a high rate of noise and low rate of speed --(noise from Jon's new radio, and low rate of speed 62.5) We will be watching for Fresh Seafood (raw oysters-fresh) still warm even.

rmboies
04-17-2007, 08:38 PM
[Jon Wehrenberg;13033]The Redneck contingent (actually one Redneck and one Damn Yankee) will meet up tomorrow AM at 9:36 EDT for the two bus Caravan to Kerrville.
]

Jon, I am not sure if Bob and I are Redneck or Damn Yankee? We have been in SC for 22 years so maybe we are half and half:D Your contingent of two is likely growing to three:rolleyes:

BUSTER
04-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey Mike,

Where was that 50 mile patch of bad road heading East on 10 ?

rfoster
04-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Listen up! Caution Come daylight put on your sunglasses cause the Bling Team is on the road and enroute packed with-- well I won't say right now.

Deb and Bob just read your last post to Jon. That will be great. With your new coach on the road, we will all need to be wearing welding helmets for eye protection!

Looking forward to seeing you folks.

rmboies
04-18-2007, 08:50 AM
[Deb and Bob just read your last post to Jon. That will be great. With your new coach on the road, we will all need to be wearing welding helmets for eye protection!Looking forward to seeing you folks]

Hey Roger and Mickie too!

No need for welding helmets yet because Bob-03 (Mango's new tag name for Bob;) isn't going to have time to do the proper wax job. I finally got to see the new bus late Monday night and then of course all day yesterday cleaning it. I did take a break to run to the stores for decorating accents--the coach was &quot;nekkid&quot; inside<G> I am not disappointed, this is a lovely coach but then again, Millennium would never build one that wasn't. We need this vacation badly and what a great way to spend it, laughing and hugging friends. See you soon I hope!!

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Good goin Deb & Bob-03, Spiff er up and git goin. Oh ya when you get down to check lint in the dryer vent check out the tire pressure on the inner drives! Be safe now and see you soon.
;) JIM

win42
04-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Jim: I gave the POG salute to one of my plastic coach friends, but I suggest you don't want it repeated.

rmboies
04-18-2007, 04:17 PM
[Good goin Deb & Bob-03, Spiff er up and git goin. Oh ya when you get down to check lint in the dryer vent check out the tire pressure on the inner drives! Be safe now and see you soon.
;) JIM

What's a dryer vent:D We have never used the washer and dryer in our coaches, I just carry enough clean clothes--ha~! But if I do check for lint I will be sure to check the tire pressure so I can report to you in Kerrville:p Please bring racing boat pictures and have a safe trip too!

lewpopp
04-18-2007, 10:34 PM
With all of these wonderful travel plans it sounds so exciting.

This is not a publicity stunt. Don't need that. I am at a truck repair shop just west of Baton Rouge. All of a sudden I lost air on the opposite side of my leans. Limped into a truck repair stop across from a Loves and here we sit until the AM.

Bill and Jody went on to Orange to work on taking the drivers test which Bill is scarred stiff of flunking. This Mr Bill is probably one of the smarter of the POG members and he is worrying.

I will not guess what my problem is but I'll keep you informed as soon as we find out. CHA-CHING.

Too-da-loo

Lew and Kathy

dalej
04-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Lew, I hope it just a little thing and your back on the road soon.

truk4u
04-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Lew,

If you need help, Jon and Roger are right behind you and I know they will be staying in Baton Rouge one night. Good luck...

Danss
04-19-2007, 08:45 AM
I live about 75 miles west of you on I-10 and would be glad to help. I am leaving Sat morning but could come today. Call 228-216-3706 if I can assist.
Dan(not much of a mechanic but a good heyboy)

Danss
04-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Check this site http://www.prevostsales.com/ as this fellow has 2 buses about 10 miles from you and has this website. He probaly knows where to get repairs in Baton Rouge. Good luck, Dan

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Lew and Kathy, Check in now and then so we know your situation is under control.

Dan, That's a noble gesture to go to Lew. I'm sure he would appreciate your moral support and presence!

You both could then caravan on out more comfortably.

:) JIM

rfoster
04-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Report from the Gulf Coast: Danger Oyster Shortage, Somebody is eating them all up!

In the first 24 hours we (Jon, Micki, and I) have devoured 205 raw oysters. Of course there is always Friday. We will try to do better. Di doesn't do oysters, but she is not going hungry. We have had super Feeds at the Oyster House on Dauphin Street and got to meet and spent time with Ms. Pinky.:cool:

Any news on the Lewster?

mikedee
04-19-2007, 11:23 PM
We worked on the oysters and shrimp last night at Desire's on Bourbon, had a great time. Made my wife a little sick. She should have let me have them all.

Moving West, down on the Galvaston Coast tonight.

lewpopp
04-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Lewster here ! Guy said he found a leak and tightened and secured.

The big mistake was we didn't run the coach in the shop and see if any air leaks sounded.

I headed down the road west, and not 2 miles the left side started sinking so I pulled off. sure enough there was air noise at the left rear and easy to detect. I had to decide what to do, so I brought that side up with the front control and planned on returning but the next exit was 11 miles up the road and I was feeding the air from time to time to the rear.

At a rest area, I checked it out but could only determine the sound of air from the top left. I had the back of the coach at least to ride height, if not more, and put two little clamps on the mud flap so I could monitor the height easier. I pumped air into the LR a few more times over the next 30 miles and it didn't need another shot all the way to Orange.

When I stopped at the Flying J in Orange there was nothing I could do but listen to the air. I went to the Wal-Mart and here I am for the nite. I am going to a campground up near RT 45 north of Houston tomorrow after I see if it will react the same as it did today. The fix or bandaid I did today is no where adequate, but I could move on safely.

Roger, did Jon bring his pit? Or is he using it to rid himself of the slippery seafood you guys are consuming.

As for Casey's look-a-like...Bill Miller, he was crowned Valdictorian of his class and received the Magna Cum Laude award for his class. He takes the driving test tomorrow and then to north Houston.

About 62.5 mph and we got 5.2 with some generator use on last tank full.

Jerry Winchester
04-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Mike, we are off the hook now as this makes the Taco trip from San Diego look tame.

So the Viagra Twins eat 200+ raw oysters (since they poured out the blue pills to use the bottle at P2) and now they have to sleep late because the resulting wood keeps them from turning the steering wheel far enough to get out of the RV park?

Talk about cock locked......

mikedee
04-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Lew,
I will be at Prevost in Dallas on Monday morning if you need parts, I can get them.

I am getting two new windshields Monday and should be in Kerrville late Monday night

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Mike, we are off the hook now as this makes the Taco trip from San Diego look tame.

So the Viagra Twins eat 200+ raw oysters (since they poured out the blue pills to use the bottle at P2) and now they have to sleep late because the resulting wood keeps them from turning the steering wheel far enough to get out of the RV park?

Talk about cock locked......

Is that Light Wood or Dark Wood?:confused: :eek: :eek: :D

truk4u
04-20-2007, 09:09 AM
You can bet the wood boys where told to take matters into their own hands:D

dalej
04-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Lew, I'm sure glad you won the fuel card. It will balance out your air repair. :)

lewpopp
04-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Mikedee,

I need a ride height valve. Call me at 607-329-0403 . I guess you'll need a cc # to pay for it. Call if you need any more info.

We have a turn buckle in plave of the &quot;jury-rigged&quot; repair someone else made years ago. It'll work to get me to Kerrville.

Thanks so much.

Dale, I have been blessed with some real good luck with all coming together on this last part of the trip.

Lew

Joe Cannarozzi
04-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Lew

If you can make it to the rally you can call Elgin from there and they can overnight it to you there, that is if Mike and Dee find prevo in Texas does not have one.

If Elgin tells you it is going to be a backorder too call me 708 243 7871 and I will overnight you the new spare I carry in the parts bin. If you don't want to wait or take a chance I'll send it off on Saturday and it will be waiting for you in Kerville on monday.

It would suprise me if one of the other poggers does not have a new spare on board as well.

That is an easy and inexpensive fix.

Be careful and have fun.

rfoster
04-20-2007, 10:22 PM
[]We were joined for Dinner tonite by a good looking couple driving the sharpest Millenium coach you ever laid eyes on. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The good looking couple is our find Friends from South Carolina Bob 03 and Deb!
ATTACH]1116[/ATTACH
photo courtesy of Ms..Pinky.
We knocked out another 9 dozen oysters tonight but Bob03 and Deb had the fish.

We couldn't leave the campground in Mobile because we were too full of oysters.

lewpopp
04-20-2007, 11:07 PM
When I saw the first picture, I thought Di had too much sun. Later pictures proved me wrong. Hope everyone brings their children.

rmboies
04-20-2007, 11:39 PM
[When I saw the first picture, I thought Di had too much sun. Later pictures proved me wrong. Hope everyone brings their children.]

Ha, you are so funny Lew! The lady's name in the picture is &quot;Ms. Pinky&quot; and she was a great waitress and very entertaining! It is great to see everyone again and we'll see the rest of you soon. Thanks, Roger, for the kudos on the Millinneum, we are still learning all about it including how to unlock the door:rolleyes:

rmboies
04-20-2007, 11:45 PM
[=Jerry Winchester;13089]Mike, we are off the hook now as this makes the Taco trip from San Diego look tame. So the Viagra Twins eat 200+ raw oysters (since they poured out the blue pills to use the bottle at P2) and now they have to sleep late because the resulting wood keeps them from turning the steering wheel far enough to get out of the RV park?]

Now now Jerry, you are mis-informed.......Jon and Roger actually showed me their special balls tonight with Di and Micki's permission, and I can assure you, at least by feel, that they are working extremely well :eek:

MangoMike
04-21-2007, 12:21 AM
http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1118&thumb=1&d=1177121837

I've posted this picture at Mango's with a warning to the staff that on Oyster night these guys are banned. Can't make a bus payment with these dudes on the oyster payroll.

mm

MangoMike
04-21-2007, 12:30 AM

I passed this unfortunate XL on I-10 being pulled in for service. I tried raising him on the CB but to no avail. Hopefully things worked out as I had him hook up with Lew and Wild Bill in Orange.

MM

truk4u
04-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Hey Deb, after reading the ball thing, I'm glad your a nurse.:p

Notice Mango's picture of the poor guy broke down, he drove right past without stopping to help. There is a pattern here, he shot past Orange, TX at a high rate of speed passing Lew & Bill who were standing at the exit waving cause Lew was broke down. Lew said he didn't even blow the freaking horn or toss out a credit card and Bill was so upset he dropped his beer.:D

Truk, on the other hand, stopped at Orange, loaded all the tools in the Jeep and went to help my fellow Poggers. After 4 hours of grueling work, Lew is fixed up and ready to go. I even washed Lews bus while he and Kathy sat and watched having a freshly made Hurricane, thanks to wild Bill and Jody.

Just thought I would get the facts out there!:D

dalej
04-21-2007, 10:43 AM
That was so nice of you Tom, I'm going to talk to the man in charge to see if there is a Good Samaritan Award that could be given out at the awards banquet. :)

mikedee
04-21-2007, 02:22 PM
We were leving the resort at Galveston today when I heard a growl from my power steering. A hose ruptured inside were the spare tire goes. Drained all the fluid in a few miles. We got to Seirra Bus in Houston and will be in the lot till at least Monday. Wish us luck! See you all soon.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Sorry to hear of your plight Michael. How on earth were you able to steer that hulk without power!?!

mikedee
04-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Jim,
It was crazy, I used all my strength and was able to make slow turns. Damm near hit the fence getting into the service lot. We have found the leak, small pin hole in a supply line to the steering box. The line was routed with a tight radius bend and it just gave up. I am going to cut the line and splice in a new section about a foot long. As far as I can tell the hose runs from the front to back in one piece.

jello_jeep
04-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Mike & Dee, sorry to hear of your mishap! If you need us to run to Galvaston and resque you let us know..

We are in Fort Stockton tonight... The wind is howling, and putting a dent in &quot;POG&quot; coctail hour activities..

Looking forward to hitting Kerrivlle tomorrow... I was looking for your cell number to call, but of course can't find it right at the moment ...LOL...

Gimme a call if there is something we can do..

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Jim,
It was crazy, I used all my strength and was able to make slow turns. Damm near hit the fence getting into the service lot. We have found the leak, small pin hole in a supply line to the steering box. The line was routed with a tight radius bend and it just gave up. I am going to cut the line and splice in a new section about a foot long. As far as I can tell the hose runs from the front to back in one piece.

That's the way improvise. Whatever the size is you could possibly find some steel tubing and moderately flare the ends and insert into the cut hose and double hose clamp on the OD.

Just thought, is it a return hose or a pressure hose. I don't know how high the pressure gets.

Depending on where you are you might find an auto parts store or some such place and have a custom hose made to order while you wait!! There's got to be someplace around Galveston that will make up a hose for you!:eek:

truk4u
04-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Dale,

Most of that post was BS, they were already fixed up when I got there, but I was willing to do whatever.:p

MangoMike
04-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Notice Mango's picture of the poor guy broke down, he drove right past without stopping to help. There is a pattern here, he shot past Orange, TX at a high rate of speed passing Lew & Bill who were standing at the exit waving cause Lew was broke down. Lew said he didn't even blow the freaking horn or toss out a credit card and Bill was so upset he dropped his beer.:D

Just thought I would get the facts out there!:D

Backabroke mountain Truk,

I was going to stop but didn't see the happy hour flag flying on top of Lewmeister's bus. So didn't think it was serious.

mm

truk4u
04-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Mango,

Why is the bus rocking?:rolleyes:

lewpopp
04-24-2007, 01:01 AM
If I were home right now, I would like someone to post something from POG III. So here I am posting something.

Everyone arrived in good shape and we are all coming home so well informed and with new busses. Ho Ho

No one has blacken my eye yet. A real good bunch of guys. Hell, I even met &quot;no wheels for now Chaloupka&quot;. We'll probably mount some wheels on him before he leaves. Small ones.

TTFN (Ta Ta, for now}

Lew

Joe Cannarozzi
04-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Yes Lew I am at home:(

Thanks for the post.

How about some pics.