PDA

View Full Version : North Rim of the Grand Canyon RV Park

Kevin Erion
03-05-2007, 01:22 PM
We are planning a trip to the North Rim side of the Grand Canyon and would like to find a RV Park kinda close and nice, any suggestions or ideas welcome.
Thanks,
Kevin

win42
03-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Kevi: It seems I remember a RV parking area at the village upon entering the park. Check with Kaibab Forest Service for more info. There is a free one @ Canyon De Chelly we stayed at and it's a nice stop. I guess you know there is lots of snow there this time of year. That whole Canyon Lands area is a great experiance.

Kevin Erion
03-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Harry, sorry, I should mention we will be going the 3rd week of June. I will look into your recommendations.
Thanks,
Kevin

Ray Davis
03-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Kevin,

I've never tried, but I did run across this info:

http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/azgrandcnorthrimcamping/Grand_Canyon_North_Rim_Camping.htm

and

http://www.outdoorplaces.com/Destination/USNP/azgracan/gracann3.htm

This looks like a really nice place, but I'm thinking it's south rim?

http://www.thetrain.com/home_about_rvpark.cfm

Coloradobus
03-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey Kevin,

Fall of 2005 Alan and Diane Neff and Chris and I stayed at Jacobs Lake Campground (A forest service campground) and drove into the North Rim. It's a 44 mile drive into the lodge/north rim.
We also found out after driving the car thru the North Rim's lodge area campground, you could almost squeak a 45'er in certain spots. However, you would have to back out the way you came in since there is a curve a 45'er wouldn't make. A bit of a hike, Jacobs Lake turned out to be our best bet for the 4 day stay.

garyde
03-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Hi Kevin. Fill up on Water, they do not have much water close to the rim. Gary

Troy Stone
03-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Kevin,

We stay at Virgin River Resort in Virgin, Utah. Excellent place, great people, and can head out the back dirt roads and make it all the way to Touweep via dirt bikes, etc without ever having to drive on main street. It is a fantastic ride but need spare gas containers unless you are on a BWM GS style bike.

It's not right on the rim but the park is fantastic!

If this works let me know and I will give you all the details on the trails!

Troy Stone

Kevin Erion
03-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks for all the ideas, I am in Daytona this week and will try to look into this a little deeper next week.
Kevin

truk4u
03-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Kevin,

Are you winning?;)

Kevin Erion
03-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Tom,
Thanks for asking, first AM practice and we are p3. New bike so it will take a little time to sort out. We have another practice in about 1/2 hr and I will let you know how that plays out. I will post at the end of the day our results, qualifying today and tomorrow and racing tomorrow and Saturday. The big race is Saturday, Daytona 200 on Speed at 2:00PM for those that care to watch.
Kevin

MangoMike
03-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Lemme get this right.

Kevin, you get PAID to have all this fun?

Mango

Joe Cannarozzi
03-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Kevin

What are the bike #'s

Kevin Erion
03-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks for all the replies to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We are now planning another trip that I hope will take us from Boston up the New England Coast. We will be in the area the 2nd and 3rd week of August. I have some family in New Hampshire so that is one area we will visit but I am looking for RV Resort type parks to stay in up north in Maine and maybe down south in Connecticut. I know we have both or leaders in that area as well as a few more members, all suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Kevin

Just Plain Jeff
03-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Kevin: CT has few 'campgrounds' and they are awful for the most part. The one we do stay in is Lone Oak (call ahead for reservations for sure) and they are located in West Caanan, CT. Upper northwest corner of the state.

Maine: Near the Boothbay Region there are 3: Ponderosa, Westside Campground and Shore Hills. Ponderosa is your best bet.

There are many smaller and older campgrounds which are relics of the 60s and 70s with lots of trees, roots, rocks and so on. Best bet, since Maine is such a big state is to pull out your Woodall's and figure out where you are headed and grill them a bit about the size and type rig you will be running.

As usual, when you get there, look up and if you see lots of pine trees, keep going. Those trees will put sap on your coach like you wouldn't believe.

Kevin Erion
03-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Jeff, thanks for the info. I thought I changed the heading on this post to read New England campground info, can you help. Fast bikes that run out of gas and now no IT skills, what is next? I forgot what I was looking for!
Thanks,
Kevin

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Kevin Erion;Jeff, thanks for the info. I thought I changed the heading on this post to read New England campground info, can you help. Fast bikes that run out of gas and now no IT skills, what is next? I forgot what I was looking for!
Thanks,
Kevin

Hey Buddy, Welcome to the group, once your on the slippery slope it's down hill all the way! HA HA :rolleyes: Watch out for the low doors and narrow bridges. :D

That certain CorosionX product is supposed to work well on a surface to allow easy removal of bugs and stuff. Maybe pine sap as well?? :p
I don't remember the name exactly something like RejeX. Funny name, too negative, like buy my superior product "LOOSER" it's terrific, does whatever it's supposed to? HA HA Keep up the good work. Have no fear we all run out of gas sometime.:o JIM