PDA

View Full Version : I wanna be a cowboy!

Steve Cooper
02-21-2006, 08:24 PM
They say that once you admit you've got a problem, you're half way to the cure. Well, I'm not sure I want the cure but here goes. I just love to drive my bus in to truck stops and Cracker Barrels, and the like and get out and walk around in my cowboy boots and big belt buckle. I joined the Texas Prevosts just to get that really cool decal for the coach window. (If you haven't seen one it looks like a Texas Ranger star). That might not seem unusual to a lot of Prevost owners but I've spent most of my life hanging around the water at marinas and yacht clubs since I'm a sailor and I haven't been on a horse in years. For that matter I live in a community that's as about as far from a cowtown as you can get. But damn, I wish I was a cowboy, or truck driver, or better yet, I wish I could just drive my bus from one end of the country to the other and then turn around and go again. A lot of folks plan there trips for the destination. I could care less where we're going as long as I get to drive my Prevost to get us there.
Am I the only one out here who wants to be a cowboy?

Your thoughts.

MangoMike
02-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey Buckaroo,

At least I know who to call for a relief driver on my long trips.

I better add some "jerk" buffalo to my menu in case you come East.

Mango

Jon Wehrenberg
02-21-2006, 08:43 PM
I used to live in WESTERN NY. Does that count? I have cowboy boots.

Did you see Mango's picture? He sure looks handsome.

Jerry Winchester
02-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Steve,

I think you have confused being a cowboy with being a cab lizard (not to be confused with a lot lizard).

I would hate for you to pull into the Cracker Barrell and have someone say, "There's old Steve; big hat... no cattle.":rolleyes:

Mango now has a daily Avitar? Wonder who that sharecropper is?

Jon Wehrenberg
02-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Mango's mechanic. But boy is he good looking. And intelligent too.

Steve Cooper
02-21-2006, 09:20 PM
I think the expression is "All hat, no cattle" but who cares. It was good enough for the President.

lewpopp
02-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Jon...Cowboy boots from western New York? Can you imagine that. Were you really from the western side of Jamestown?

That almost sounds like the Picante sauce being made in New York City... GET THE ROPE !!!!

All of a sudden Steve has the hots to drive his coach. What happened? Did the boat sink?:D

Jon Wehrenberg
02-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Actually Panama, NY. But saying that confuses people so I say Jamestown.

Even Lucy said Jamestown, when she really was from Celoron.

Did you rally live in Elmira, or was it Painted Post or Horseheads or Vestal?

Jerry Winchester
02-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Randy Newman thinks it's;

Since I was a child
I've tried to be what I'm not
I've lied and I've enjoyed it all my life
I lied to my dear mother
to my sisters and my brother
and now I'm lying to my children and my wife
Big Hat, no cattle
Big head, no brain
Big snake, no rattle
I forever remain
big hat, no cattle
I knew from the start
Big boat, no paddle
Big belly, no heart

ken&ellen
02-22-2006, 08:25 AM
Damn, My wife makes me wear the bus drivers uniform while driving the Liberty. I sure could go for a pair of them boots and one those silver/ turquois western ties. But I want to be a John Wayne cowboy! Ken

MangoMike
02-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Cowpoke,

Found some boots for you, via www.Rocketboom.com. Cowboys can never have enough boots.
I might have to get a pair of the Hula Gals style, to go w/ the Mango decor.

http://www.rocketbuster.com/bootsCatCBlue.php

Mike

Jim Skiff
02-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Mike,

Great site but I'm a little nervous about too many people ordering the "Sasquatch Model"

Jim

MangoMike
02-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Perfect for opening night at the POG rally. I think they were made for LewPopp.

Jerry Winchester
02-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Lew is going to look sweet in those Hula Girl boots and his POG tee shirt and shorts. :eek:

lewpopp
02-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Ken

It's the hat you wear that makes the difference. No real cowboy looks below that unless you draw your gun.

Jon

I was valdictorian of shop class in beautiful downtown Elmira.

You must have known my good buddy Randy Kuhl, now a US Senator. Can't think of his predecessor from Jamestown. Good Grief, from Panama. You were born with cowboy boots on, but there is nuttin' wrong with that.

ken&ellen
02-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Lew, After a recent " cowboy" movie....I think I will stick with my bus drivers uniform.:D Ken

lewpopp
02-23-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm a midget ya know, and I can't wear boots cuz they bother my crotch. OUCH:mad:

lewpopp
02-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Some nice gentleman was magnanimous and sent me some plastic rouge and it works great.

But I tried something. I looked to my left and saw some type of oxidation in my stainless that wouldn't come off with any of the polishes (chrome, or whatever) and I took the buffer with some plastic rouge on it and lightly rean it over the area. It took the lace off and looks great.

When I get through polishing my plastic marker lites, I'm going to take a swipe at a few areas that need straightening out.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Hey Shorty (that's what we call midgets with sore crotches), does this mean you are entering your bus in the POG beauty contest?

lewpopp
02-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Oh, so now I'm "Shorty".

No, I'm not entering my bus in the beauty contest because my hole, I mean holes, will hot be a shiney as the rest of you anal geeks.:D

Jerry Winchester
02-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Don't try this at home. This should end the boots postings.....:eek:

http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/57943957-L.jpg

Jon Wehrenberg
02-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Looks like my sister-in-law's soon to be ex husband. A little skinnier.

lewpopp
02-27-2006, 10:10 PM
WHERE IN GODS NAME DID YOU GET MANGOMIKE'S PICTURE ON HIS WEDDING DAY SEVERAL YEARS AGO?:D

That guy just completely amazes us. Do you have any more of those. Mango's wife reads the posts and she wants to complete her scraobook.

MangoMike
02-28-2006, 07:25 AM
...and that's back when I was in shape.

This will bring fond memories back for Mrs. Mango.

Jerry Winchester
02-28-2006, 09:02 PM
http://jdub.smugmug.com/photos/58127214-M.jpg