PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Owner Tricks

Loc
02-15-2019, 09:24 AM
I am on my third Prevost. Each time I get a different bus I seem to be lulled into the thought that this will be much like the last one. We have had an Angola, Millennium and now a Marathon. Each time I quickly realize there is a lot to learn about a new conversion/converter. This week was the first trip in the newest bus.

Down at the Prevost Expo this week (great show Jamie) and I am in the bus getting ready to head out to look at all the buses for sale. Walking out of the bathroom I accidentally hit the door close and door lock buttons simultaneously (had my hand on the wall and didn't think about turning the corner). I watch the door close and it will not reopen. I started laughing about what happened and the thought of not being able to use the restroom for the rest of the trip. Of course being at the Expo I walked over to the Marathon (Florida) booth and told my story assuming that I am not the first owner to make this mistake. They laugh and provide the fix - just turn off the 12 volt system and turn it back on and the door opens.

At least now I can operate the audio visual systems in the bus, know how to fix operator error with air pocket doors and am familiar with the Kohler generator alarm and message center. I also had a refresher course on Trace inverters (I had switched to Magnums in the Millennium about 5 years ago). Scary to think what I will learn next trip.

Gil_J
02-15-2019, 01:45 PM
Loc,

Don't feel bad on the door locks. I know of a few that hit the door lock and shut the door on the way out of the room when turning off the lights.

On newer coaches, which should include yours, pushing the door lock button activates the door close. The only problem with that is that the door close is often delayed such that you can walk out before the door moves.

It was great to meet you. Have a safe trip home.

Loc
02-15-2019, 04:47 PM
Gil,

It was a pleasure to meet you and Durlene as well. This is minor compared to the time when the air lock on the XLII door wouldn't release and we had to take everyone including two dogs out of the emergency window. The Expo was a great place to learn the bus because of the on-site help if I didn't understand or if I screwed up (which I did). Hope your seminar goes well.

Joe Camper
02-15-2019, 07:13 PM
Now Tony and Jenny have a marathon just a few numbers off from yours Winchester's got one had one for years there's another one in Beaumont another one in Lake Charles you guys could be the Texas marathons there's about six or eight of u now. But both you and the Condors picked up identical years both XLIIDS both Marathons how perfect is that you guys can both learn the buses together it'll help out a bunch.

Loc
02-18-2019, 09:34 AM
Poor Tony. He is sure to block me after the second or third call.