PDA

View Full Version : Moving

Joe Cannarozzi
03-05-2007, 08:03 AM
We put our home up for sale this week. We have been here 16 years, longest I've ever lived anywhere so far.

My folks managed to stay in the same home, a few Towns west of here my entire time through Grade School and High School, and that was only 14yr.

We have a 2 story 3 car garage and for the last few years we have not been able to park any cars in it because of STUFF. In fact, there is barly a path big enough to walk through.

Yesterday I went out and started the "3 PILES" keeping, selling, and throwing out.

Boy is my back sore:rolleyes:

Amazing how quickly one can change. I used to save everything and now if I can't fit it in the bus and haul it down the road, I don't want it.

House included:eek:

lewpopp
03-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Joe,

Have a yard sale at POG 3.

Why are you moving? Because the garage is full?

Lew

Joe Cannarozzi
03-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Lew I'm sure the folks have enough STUFF of there own.:eek:

We're movin South buddy, Tennessee bound.

The KEEP pile concists of antique furnature and tools.

The FOR SALE pile is mostly components for plastic campers I,ve been stripping out of abandon motor homes from a outdoor storage yard a friend owns.

Fridges, A/Cs, holding tanks, furnaces, hot water heaters, pumps, onan gens, everything for THE PLASTIC GUYS. Don't think I'd have much sales at POG III:D

I have a fellow on the hook who is converting a 60something GMC 410? bus and looks like he's taking the whole pile!

Jon Wehrenberg
03-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Where in TN? Near Knoxville?

Joe Cannarozzi
03-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Probably closer to Nashville. Somewhere south or east of town an hour or so, just started lookin.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Joe, Barb and I envy you. We have been trying to do the same for two years and can't quite get there! :cool: :eek: :D JIM

I heard Lew's story and he sure lucked out. It's not that easy for everyone.

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Jon, Please tell us your story. Ill bet you had quite a time, unless you just pulled the plug and pulled out. JIM:)

Jon Wehrenberg
03-05-2007, 12:18 PM
The short version is we intended to relocate from the 240" of snow annually that we got, so we bought some Knoxville acreage in anticipation of that.

When I attempted to purchase a 250,000 foot factory with all equipment and a badly needed five stage finishing system plus an order book with a very large backlog from a company that had ceased operations due to lack of cash the politicians stepped in and siezed the building. They knew of my negotiations and had promised to not interfere but reneged on the promise.

I went completely nuts.

I would have moved my entire operations out of that ghost town, but instead my daughter ended up buying it. I was out of Jamestown, moving into our new home in nine months. Unemployment was unplanned, but has worked out OK.

garyde
03-06-2007, 12:13 AM
No matter how hard and diligent you plan, life sometimes intercedes.

rmboies
03-06-2007, 08:30 AM
We're movin South buddy, Tennessee bound.
GMC 410? bus and looks like he's taking the whole pile!

Hey Joe,

You realize it still snows in Nashville, right?:D Of course the amount of snow is nothing compared to the snow you receive in Chicago! Nashville is about 6 hours from our farm in upstate SC. A little warmer with no snow on this side of the mountains;) Welcome to the south and please remember to start using the word "hey" now--"hi" will no longer be acceptable:eek:

win42
03-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Joe: Moving to Lynchburg TN. will not allow you to get Jack Daniels wholesale, it's in a dry county and cannot be purchased there.;)

Contraulations on your decision to move to a calmer, warmer part of the U.S.
Seven years ago we gave the business to the kids and moved to the small town of Grass Valley. No regrets whatsoever. Slipping the harness and enjoying the freedom of living the rest of your life enjoying the fruits of your life long labors is undescribable. Don't take any former burdens with you, start it all new and free of worries. Pursue the hobbies you like at your own pace. You will soon wonder how you ever had time to work.
Welcome to the Free World !

Joe Cannarozzi
03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Debi

Thanks for that heads up, right on the money too. Lot of factors come into play on this one.

Harry

Loved that reply, unfortunatly I still have to work for a few more years:mad:

truk4u
03-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Joe,

TENNESSEE!:eek: Come to Georgia so you don't have to pay any sales tax on your next bus! The King and A1 didn't tell you about this::p

bill&jody
03-07-2007, 08:57 PM
hey joe - you didn't give away/trash that piece of corian, didja? i still want it if you got it.
wmm

ps. you still goin' west in sept?

wmm

Joe Cannarozzi
03-08-2007, 06:20 AM
I'm saving it for you and yes we are still planning that trip West right after school starts.

I'll get a couple of pictures of it and post them up later today.

Are you still going to try and make Sturgis?

Joe Cannarozzi
03-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Mr. Bill&Jody its a prefect match.

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Today Barb and I got one step closer to living in a bus.

No this is NOT going to be what you expect. We put the cart before the horse and bought a 38' X 80' pole barn with concrete floor.(not a bus yet) The door is in the wrong place, but it will be easy to put one in each end and make a drive through. It sits on 1 1/2 AC of an old Vineyard, still some grape vines and apple and peach trees a nice piece of land two miles from the Westfield, NY, I 90 exit on route 394.

This will be our bus garage/workshop and storage location for when we are at Chautauqua, NY, during the summer.

In the future there will be sewer, water and 50A for visitors and passing through layovers by POGERS.

After looking at about 25 places over about a year this was a FSBO that came out of nowhere!

You gotta have a place to keep STUFF:eek:

Trying to include pictures, but I guess I forgot how:( :eek: Maybe later?

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-06-2007, 09:41 PM
The new Bus Garage. How did I do that:confused:

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-06-2007, 09:51 PM
I'll try that again.:p

dalej
06-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Nice Place Jim, Now we want to see what you get to go in it.