PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Iowa

Dharsin
12-29-2018, 02:36 PM
Purchased my first prevost last fall after a year long search. Found mine in south Carolina. It's a 2 owner coach in good shape for an 88 but like all 30 year olds I have started and will continue with updates over the next few years. I'm looking forward to being part of the prevost community. Greetings and a happy and prosperous New Year to all. Doug and Nancy1534815349

Gil_J
12-29-2018, 02:43 PM
Congratulations!

Joe Camper
12-29-2018, 02:48 PM
That's a good lookin 88 and it's a Marathon. I would not be going to far out on a limb to tell someone looking at a 30yr old 2 owner bus it's probably well cared for if someone came across one and inquired.

Dharsin
12-29-2018, 03:06 PM
Thanks gil and Joe. It's had good care as the previous owner gave me a diary of every trip and expense he made since he purchased in 2001. It's made for some good reading as well as being able to know the history and what has already been done mechanically. The engine has a 17000 mile complete out of frame ohaul with suspension and air bag replacement as well.Having said that per our conversation last week it is time for some updates. Completely gutted and replaced plumbing this fall and next year planning on tackling air leaks and related problems with your help so keep me on your list for summer of 19.

Camlewis@aol.com
01-06-2019, 10:11 PM
Beautiful. I’m from Iowa too. Ames. Just picked up a 99 Country Coach. Going through it big time as the previous owner just used it. Winter in Mesa AZ do get to use it all year around. Have fun. See you on I35 / I80 maybe. Cam Lewis

Gil_J
01-06-2019, 10:24 PM
Lewis, pictures please.

Dharsin
01-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Thanks cam.we're in Sierra Vista for the winter. Good luck with your 99.

BGLogistics
01-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Nice looking bus Doug! I'm extremely new here too and have learned a lot here in a very short time. You are lucky you got a history. Mine appears to be in good shape overall - but I have NO IDEA when/if anything on chassis has been replaced - no history whatsoever. I'm on Joe's list - looking forward to that.

Pete
01-09-2019, 09:06 AM
If you notify Prevost that you are the new owner of your coach, (give them your vin#) they can supply you with a record of any work they have performed on it.

BGLogistics
01-09-2019, 12:13 PM
I will give that a shot thank you.

Gil_J
01-10-2019, 07:56 AM
I believe, by policy, Prevost won't release past maintenance records other than recall completions without a letter from the previous owner. That doesn't mean you won't get the info, just that you may not.

truk4u
01-10-2019, 08:21 AM
Gil is correct, I just went through that in October. Even though I was the new confirmed owner, written permission had to come from the seller for the records.

GoneCrazy
01-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Maybe they have changed their policy ? But in 2012 after picking up My coach, I took it to Prevost for an inspection to see if it was safe to drive 14 hours home. And the service manager was very helpful. He set Me up an account with them. And after I asked about recalls , He asked if I wanted the history of service that had been done on the coach since it was new. He said since I was the owner it was available to Me. Then He emailed it all to Me after I told him yes. He went out of his way to help Me by pulling the front panels under the dash and finding the keypad entry code , which worked. Before leaving I asked if they had any coffe cups or anything with Prevost on them. And he gave Me a Hat , Pen and a Toy Model of a seated coach for My grandson.

Joe Camper
01-10-2019, 10:43 AM
My experience was they'll give you all the recalls that have been made and they will tell you the ones that have been performed and the ones that haven't.

Here's something else on a related note that I found pretty remarkable If you trade in a liberty at Liberty and you surrender the bus with all the service records in the folder Liberty goes through everything removes the entire service history from the prior owners before they resell them.

Pete
01-10-2019, 01:38 PM
You may be right, I have only had 3 Prevost, and have had excellent help from the folks there.

Gil_J
01-10-2019, 09:00 PM
Policy and practice aren't always one in the same.