PDA

View Full Version : Prevost Service Centers: Nationwide?

Jim_Scoggins
03-02-2007, 06:27 AM
I know there are six or seven regional Prevost service centers. I saw a note somewhere referring to Prevost certified repair facilities that included many bus companies, for instance.

Is there a reference source that list all the repair facilities in the US.

Regards,
Jim Scoggins

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-02-2007, 11:08 PM
I know there are six or seven regional Prevost service centers. I saw a note somewhere referring to Prevost certified repair facilities that included many bus companies, for instance.

Is there a reference source that list all the repair facilities in the US.

Regards,
Jim Scoggins

Is this what you are looking for :confused:

http://www.prevostcar.com/cgi-bin/pages.cgi?page=network

Jon Wehrenberg
03-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Those are the Prevost owned servicde centers. I think what Jim is looking for is a listing of all the different places that support the Prevost.

FWIW, the answer is not as simple as a listing because even Prevost does not handle all service or repairs. There are places like Liberty that can handle a lot of the needs of an owner such as preventative maintenance or windshield replacement. But if the needs relate to the engine or transmission it is likely the best place to take the coach is to a Detroit or Allison dealer.

Coach owners learn through experience that specific problems or needs may be handled best by other than Prevost. If my engine is acting up I will just go direct to Detroit Diesel. If I am on the road and need a lube and oil change I will probably head to a charter bus company that does service work on other than their own buses.

Hub seals or brakes can be repaired by any competent truck repair shop. Glass can be replaced by any auto glass repair facility, and items like tires, batteries, etc. can be handled by their respective suppliers.

The longer someone owns his coach the longer the list of people capable of maintaining and repairing it becomes.

MangoMike
03-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Jim,

Ben recommended this book, which I bought, which lists bus service facilties around the country. Worth the price.

http://www.busride.com/Directory.cfm

Mike

garyde
03-03-2007, 10:32 PM
I have a Detroit/Allison Service Center 30 minutes from my home. There is also a Catepillar and Cummins Service Centers the same distance. All of them can handle the maintenace items although I would favor the Detroit people. Cummins has a Coach Care Center as well, so they can repair certain RV type problems. My Local Tire Dealer can handle all my Tire needs. I have been down to Prevost in Mira Loma for specific Prevost Slide issues. They were very good. Gary

Just Plain Jeff
03-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Prevost also maintains about 150 Authorized Warranty Repair facilities in United States, some of which are for certain kinds of repair, such as paint, and so on. They don't release the list. (Nice work guys).

If you do get jammed up somewhere with an issue, you can call the Prevost PASS number, which is in your manuals 24/7, tell them your issue and voile, they will reveal the closest place to get your issue repaired.

And so it goes...

Jim_Scoggins
03-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the info folks.

jim