PDA

View Full Version : new member in canada....montreal to be precise ! need a bit of info

bigdoggrip
09-17-2018, 09:21 PM
finally bought my first bus...1996 royale, 88 ooo miles , needs a bit of loving but nothing too crazy (soo far) , put fresh tyres, cleaned up the brakes ,fresh fluids all around, put 2000 miles without a glitch, need some wiring info : the 110 volt plugs in the galley stopped working , can't find a popped breaker anywhere ! any clues ??

thanks !!!!

Bert

dale farley
09-18-2018, 12:17 AM
You may have a ground fault plug in the circuit.

Joe Camper
09-18-2018, 02:54 AM
U gonna use that bus for a little stunt drivin?

I'm with Dale. One of the gfi outlets is tripped and when this happens all of them on the circuit loose power.

Dtjoint
09-18-2018, 09:57 AM
On our 97 XL Country Coach conversion there are GFI outlets on either side of the bed pedestal. One controls all the outlets on the PS and the other all the outlets on the DS. When you find yours I suggest you change them out as they do seem to have a life of their own. One of ours trips at times for no consistent reason and the other has never tripped. Of course the one that trips periodically is on the rear side of the bed pedestal where I have to roll up like a bug to reach it. I purchased a replacement but have yet to get up the gumption to change it.

Jerry

bigdoggrip
09-18-2018, 09:57 AM
I'm still working on adapting my driving so the coffee machine doesn't end up on the floor !! tThe gfi wasn't popped...I'll take it apart and check ... thanks !!!

Gil_J
09-18-2018, 10:20 AM
That's likely an inverter circuit. Are your inverters on? Although I bring up the inverter, I too would suspect the GFCI first.

bigdoggrip
09-21-2018, 02:32 PM
one off the bathroom gfi's was popped...thanks for the info !!!!