PDA

View Full Version : BATTERY MAINTENANCE, do more than think about it

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Maintaining batteries is a necessary but unpleasant task. If neglected and ignored you will pay the price by shortened battery life and corrosion in the battery compartment.
Here is a link to an article that describes a product that many have found to be beneficial to their conscientious battery maintenance. It is quite lengthy but easy and understandable reading. The product source is noted near the end.
I am sure that some in POG are already using this:http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/environment/alternative-energy/energy-resources/homepower-magazine/archives/11/11pg37.txt ("http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/environment/alternative-energy/energy-resources/homepower-magazine/archives/11/11pg37.txt")
Now stop that gas at it's source :eek: and no it doesn't work on biogas!:D
JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
02-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Couldn't open the link.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-28-2007, 03:15 PM
It worked that time. It will be of interest to those that have conventional batteries. I think most of us are getting away from them and we are going to AGM or Gel.

kmuller
02-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Gentleman - we have three technical articles available on line. One regarding AGM batteries and the other two on electrical systems. The article labeled Electrical II applies more to the DC (battery) side of things.

go to www.Zimmermancoach.com

click on Assured Service at the top......scroll down the left hand margin till you see on-line tech articles....click and follow the link to AGM and electrics.

Also on the home page, check out this weeks blog on "shocking technology".

My bride and I are off to Bike Week on Friday morning for a little R & R.:)

truk4u
02-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Karl,

Nancy and I just got to Daytona.. Maybe we could hook up somewhere and say hello. Cell 770-634-7530.

kmuller
03-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Tom - We get in late Fri night. I'll give you a call Sun/Mon and we'll try to connect.