PDA

View Full Version : Compression Nut/stopper

aggies09
06-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Good day. I need a name and a source where I can find the compression nut/ stopper on my Liberty stainless fresh water tank. Anyone have any ideas?

Joe Camper
06-05-2018, 07:43 PM
Do u mean the one with 2 flat washers that squeeze a rubber stopper when tightened up? Home depo.

Is that where the fresh water has been going Tony??

Gil_J
06-05-2018, 09:57 PM
Automotive compression freeze plugs may work depending on size.

aggies09
06-05-2018, 10:21 PM
No. That is not where fresh water is going. I was sanitizing my fresh water tank when the existing plug came off in pieces, thereby requiring a replacement. My good friend and bus man extraordinaire, Pete Petree, helped me identify and replace a leaking check valve that solved part of my fresh water leak, but my pump is still cycling; leaving me to believe that I still have a leak to repair. Not worrying about that u til I can pressure up system again after acquiring new plug.

GoneCrazy
06-06-2018, 11:06 AM
Home Depot , Oatley 1.5” gripper

aggies09
06-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Rocky, you were right on it. The guy in plumbing said they didn't have anything like that, so I said thanks and kept looking through their parts and found it. Customer service is dead at the big box stores. Thanks to all for guidance. Now back to my project......................

GoneCrazy
06-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Rocky, you were right on it. The guy in plumbing said they didn't have anything like that, so I said thanks and kept looking through their parts and found it. Customer service is dead at the big box stores. Thanks to all for guidance. Now back to my project......................

Tony , You are welcome. Glad that I could be of some assistance to You. But that term you used “ Guidance” probably does not apply. Unless it would be like the old saying “ The blind leading the blind “ Still struggle myself with a lot of the systems on my coach.