PDA

View Full Version : What great weather were having in Florida

mike kerley
02-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Just wanted EVERYONE to know. The weather here could not be much better. 77 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. mid 50's at night. I love winter (know that I've left Iowa).

Come on down before diesel gets any more expensive.

Mike K.

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Just wanted EVERYONE to know. The weather here could not be much better. 77 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. mid 50's at night. I love winter (know that I've left Iowa).

Come on down before diesel gets any more expensive.

Mike K.

We frozen folk of the north say, better watch it making remarks like that.:eek: :D I'm just jealous! It's 20 here now and just got 6 more in. this morning:(
JIM

MangoMike
02-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Mike,

Enjoy it now... Just remember that hurricane season is not that far off. ;)

Mango

Joe Cannarozzi
02-23-2007, 02:19 PM
They will be in the bus traveling up North:p

Ben
02-23-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm using my air conditioning right now... could just open the windows since it's so nice out, but am too lazy.

I'll be out of FL by the time the hurricanes start to arrive... that's the pleasure of a bus... you're mobile and free to go anywhere. It's owning homes, limited jobs and having to live a responsible life (kids, wives, etc.) that limits your freedom.

mike kerley
02-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks alot Ben,

I was feeling pretty good. WAS!

Still, its a nice day! Every day above ground etc. etc...

Mango, we went 15 years without getting hit, then twice in one year and once again the next year. Last year was good and i'm hoping for another 13 to follow. No ice storms, ever! Dont own a snow shovel or snow brush. Threw my windshield scraper away many years ago. The coast is getting mighty congested, glad we have River Ranch. Sometimes we have two golf carts at a stop sign at the same time. Sometimes we even stop!

Mike K

Joe Cannarozzi
02-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Mike

Last year on the way back North we came up US27 out of Homestead to Lake Okachobee. Then we cut off and went up the East side of the lake on 441, or something like that, towards Yee-Haw Junction. OH MY GOD. Never take that way again. Skinny little 2 lane road, huge crown, bumpy,, windy:eek:

Lotta good 2 and 4 lane stuff down there, not this one though.

US 27 up the west side of the lake is very easy driving, traffic very very light, smooth.

lewpopp
02-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Where did they say the "spell check" is? Where on the right side?

Rigght Syde?

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-24-2007, 04:41 AM
Where did they say the "spell check" is? Where on the right side?

Rigght Syde?

LEW, It's in the top right corner of the message box, in which you type the new post. Click on the icon: ABC within the check mark.:p JIM

Just Plain Jeff
02-24-2007, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=Joe Cannarozzi;11004]Mike

Last year on the way back North we came up US27 out of Homestead to Lake Okachobee. Then we cut off and went up the East side of the lake on 441, or something like that, towards Yee-Haw Junction. OH MY GOD. Never take that way again. Skinny little 2 lane road, huge crown, bumpy,, windy:eek:
QUOTE]

Not that many years ago when I was wilder and crazier, we would ride up and down 441, 60 and 192 late at night on motorcycles. There you find hot loads (truckers know what that means) overflowing with oranges. At about 80 mph on those roads, the oranges fly pretty fast. The trick on a bike was to dodge the oranges bouncing out of the trucks on on the highway and get home without getting hit by a 1/4-pounder. At about 85 or so, getting hit by a 1/4 pound orange is, well, a moment. Perhaps this could have been a start to a new entry in the motorcycle experience.

Fun stuff.