PDA

View Full Version : On the road with generator issues

drivfour
04-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Just bought 1998 marathon with yanmar generator. Generator is supplying power to coach but not sending charging power to the Gen batteries as shown by voltmeter and gen voltmeter. Since all this is new and I am going on the road I thought I could ask for trouble shooting tips. The "bat on master is set to on but also below 12 volts. Any help appreciated.

BoaterAl
04-03-2018, 10:02 PM
Battery connections, terminals need cleaning , wires broken or loose on alternator, condition / age of battery, fan belt tightness, acid level in battery. Load test the battery with volt meter.

Please wear eye protection....just saying

AL

Gil_J
04-03-2018, 10:41 PM
Check the battery voltage with a multimeter. If it's 13.5V or greater with the generator running then the generator alternator is working.

drivfour
04-04-2018, 12:58 AM
With gen running and providing power to coach, batteries of gen not getting charged. Looked at the power tech manual electric diagram but did not figure out where 13 volt should be returning back to batteries.

Gil_J
04-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Just measure the battery voltage with the generator running. BTW, check the battery voltage before starting the generator to determine if there's a charger on the generator battery.

truk4u
04-04-2018, 09:20 PM
You have a solar charger on the roof, just FYI.

drivfour
04-16-2018, 11:07 AM
You have a solar charger on the roof, just FYI.
previous owner removed solar panel! Can someone tell me where the inverters in the Marathon are located. could not see them anywhere below the inside coach floor ie the battery compartment nor engine area.
Thanks

Gil_J
04-16-2018, 11:30 AM
Try the ceiling of the second or third bay driver's side. Later, they were on the ceiling of the 4th bay driver's side.