PDA

View Full Version : Tow bars

Joe Camper
03-15-2018, 08:19 PM
What's out there nowadays what's better than the other Blue Ox has a few different models. Roadmaster?

What's the ratings if you're pulling a three quarter ton pickup truck loaded to the gills with camping stuff maybe a bike in the back maybe a bike lift with it a golf cart lot of weight?

What's the latest and greatest?

jerry
03-16-2018, 08:43 AM
joe, this is a question that I have also,in my travel to west palm show my 10,000 tow bar had gotten loose in the bolt that held inside the tube, i pull a f250 ford 4 wheel drive with golf cart , so is this a problem with tow bars in general. i did not continue to pull the truck because of this problem. I installed another set of towbars with large loging chains for safety. I curoious it anyone has had this same problem or simuraley experences

Dtjoint
03-16-2018, 11:36 AM
Take a look at NSA. They offer a heavy capacity tow bar with a built in surge brake if you want to use it. For the heavy tow you are talking about I would think you would want a more robust brake system. I use this setup, including the surge brake, towing a Mini Cooper S Clubman. Don’t even know it is there. Easy to mount, dismount whether level or not.

Joe Camper
03-16-2018, 02:33 PM
Thanks Jerry.

Something new to me anyway is this reoccurring thing with many manufacturers that feature that allows you to unhook it even on a slope without it having everything in a bind that's nice.

Gil_J
03-16-2018, 08:17 PM
I like Roadmaster base plates and on car horizontal stiffening bar better. I think RM and BO make 10K rated tow bars. RM has the new non binding tow bar feature. I sure could used that feature in a tight turn once.