PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Liberty XL

Jim_Scoggins
02-21-2007, 05:56 AM
There is a 1995 Liberty at Parliament Coach that I am interested in to the extent that we will be flying down there to take a look at it.

It is an "all electric" coach. How well does an all electric coach fare with a 30A hookup? I am guessing that one AC, the refrigerator and the battery charger will pretty much tap it out.

Or, is a 30A hookup pretty much out of the question? My current coach (04 bluebird) does just fine when I am hooked to 30A power.

Thanks,
Jim Scoggins
ithinkiwannabe

Jon Wehrenberg
02-21-2007, 06:59 AM
You will do no better or worse on the 30 amp with any coach. The key is to not pull into a site with dead batteries and then expect to also run your AC, refrigerator, HW tank, etc.

You can adjust the charge rate on the inverters so they will not pop the breaker, but will take longer to charge batteries.

Jerry Winchester
02-21-2007, 07:49 AM
As Jon mentioned, power allocation is the key, but you will find out there may be things you can't run on 30amp power. Our electric stove top won't work when plugged into 30amp nor can we run more than one or maybe two AC units. There are obviously less problems in moderate weather and I am sure newer coaches have more sophisticated load sharing capability, but I have to do that manually by restricting the charge rate from the inverter and watching everything else.

The first time it kinda reminded me of the Command Module power up sequence from Apollo 13 :eek:

Petervs
02-21-2007, 12:00 PM
An all electric coach really means there is no propane, as most Prevost conversions are. And I think that is good. Electric refrigerator and diesel heat.

A 30 amp hookup is not worth much unless you are in a climate where you do not need AC or heat. I prefer no hookup to 30 amp. You can make all the electricity you need with the generator, and your Webasto heater will keep you warm in winter. If you are not running the AC your house battery bank will provide all the rest of the power easily.

Peterr vS
94 Marathon XLV

Just Plain Jeff
02-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Jim: PM on your way.