PDA

View Full Version : XL AV Remodel

aggies09
03-07-2018, 02:33 PM
I am considering an interior remodel on my front AV cabinet, bedroom AV cabinet, and outdoor AV. I would appreciate seeing some photos from some of you who have undertaken this process. So, please share your thoughts and photos of best ideas and remodels. Thanks.

GoneCrazy
03-08-2018, 10:40 AM
I am considering an interior remodel on my front AV cabinet, bedroom AV cabinet, and outdoor AV. I would appreciate seeing some photos from some of you who have undertaken this process. So, please share your thoughts and photos of best ideas and remodels. Thanks.

I replaced My front TV with a Samsung 40” Smart LED on a swing away mount. 32” LED Smart in the bedroom. Still have to do the outside entertainment center.

KenEhresman
03-08-2018, 05:27 PM
After removing my Tubes, I measured the opening and found some Flat Panel Smart Tv's I think were like 32" and the fit width perfect, I then used a swing away arm mounted inside the old Tb enclosure and lined both sides with velcro to hold the tv from swinging... I then moved all the rest of the electronics, Bose head unit etc to just under the unit which now had about 6-7"high... worked perfect except the remotes, so I went off to ebay and located a 4 unit remote repeater which has one optical eye I mounted and the rest are all buried behind the plexi glass doors.... clean and low tech easy.... I now have a nice space behind the TV I have allocated for storage of not often used items, mostly spare parts etc.... that otherwise would be taking up other valuable cabinet or drawer space... I'll try to snap a few pictures...

And of coarse that is also a great hiding place for items as well... Like the stuff ( wifey calls junk) I acquire from time to time that she doesn't need to know about lol.

Gil_J
03-08-2018, 07:37 PM
This may be extreme for the front TV. I wanted a larger TV than I could figure out installing above the windshield. So, this was my solution, http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?8258-LCD-TV-Mount&highlight=xl+tv

For the Bedroom TV I found a 32" TV that fit in the existing opening. Given it was shorter, I installed a shelf under the TV that was mounted high in the opening. I also cut the plexi door so that the TV was always exposed.

aggies09
03-14-2018, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.