PDA

View Full Version : The parking brake release button safety cage

Joe Camper
03-06-2018, 02:34 PM
It occurred to me last week as I was working on a bus for some folks with a dog. And the bus did not have the emergency brake button safety cage on it but he had the presence of mind to attach a clip underneath that button in a fashion so that should the dog put its paw on it when it's up in the driver's seat like many of our dogs are, it doesn't release the brakes.

If you've got pets and you don't have this and you're not protecting the release button from the dog some other way that's kind of dangerous little bit. I figured I'd throw these pictures out here and mention it cuz I bet there are a bunch of dog owners with unprotected parking brake buttons.

I probably don't see these 20% of the time if that I bet there's a bunch out there didn't even know it existed.

Now you know

There's just no way you can release the brakes unless you first flip up the clear glass lid and then you can push the button down.

Pete
03-06-2018, 08:46 PM
Joe, where can I get one of those? I don't have a pet, but I do have grand kids. A friend of mine had a dog who's wagging tail hit the step slide button, and knocked him out of his bus.

Joe Camper
03-07-2018, 07:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that's a Prevost part Pete.