PDA

View Full Version : POG Rally 2018

Gil_J
02-25-2018, 01:03 PM
Mark your calendars and plan your fall travel to make sure you're at this don't miss event.

Mike GAy
02-25-2018, 10:18 PM
Mark your calendars and plan your fall travel to make sure you're at this don't miss event.

OK, Gil, since we're new to all this, is there a schedule? What goes on at the Rally?

We're checking our schedule for that time of year, and it might be a good time for us. It would be nice to meet other owners. I'm also interested in what there is to do in that area. I've always wanted to learn more about the Amish!

Cost, etc?

Mike and Sue

Gil_J
02-26-2018, 08:41 AM
Mike,

The annual POG Rally is a must attend event for Prevost owners. The event is always well attended by Prevost owners representing a variety of Prevost models. The number one value in attending is to socialize and learn from other owners. Sure there are sightseeing outings of the local area, but conversations with others is really the highlight. The meals are always first class as is the entertainment. We also have technical sessions on Prevost ownership while there are activities for the ladies that aren't that interested in the technical aspects of Prevost ownership. We're also fortunate in that a few of the Prevost dealers show up with a few coaches to help those wanting to upgrade their coach. It's a great low pressure buying opportunity. And it just wouldn't seem complete without Prevost. Prevost supports these rallies with a couple of technicians for minor repairs and technical questions.

It's too early to have a schedule. You should take a look at pictures of past rallies to get a sense of what goes on. http://prevost-stuff.com/POG_Picture_Gallery.html

I'd say that the annual rally put on by Jamie and Debbie Bradford is not only a lot of fun, it is a great value. Although the cost hasn't been set yet, expect it to be well worth its cost.

Here's what the resort says is nearby, http://www.evergreenparkrvresort.com/activities/visit-area

Retired Navy Chief
02-28-2018, 06:40 AM
We are POG members. However, still have not made a decision on a Prevost. Had a wonderful time in West Palm. Are SOB’S welcome at this rally? David

Gil_J
02-28-2018, 09:28 AM
Dave,

You certainly would not be the first POG Rally attendee with something other than a Prevost. Some attend just to get first hand experiences from Prevost owners. We could even trade military stories. Although a career AF enlisted guy, I have 3 weeks of sea duty on the USS George Washington.

I think we met at the WPB show. Maybe, you'll have a Prevost by then. In any case, we'll see ya in Ohio,

Retired Navy Chief
02-28-2018, 03:36 PM
Sounds great. My daughter did a tour on GW. Travel safe see you in Ohio. David

Jamie Bradford
03-14-2018, 05:00 PM
Hi Gang,

Here is a link to the 2018 Dundee , Ohio Rally Info Page.

For those of you who have not visited the Ohio Amish Country you are in for a Huge Treat!!

http://www.prevost-stuff.com/Dundee_Rally_Sheet_31418.html

Garynmike
06-21-2018, 05:25 PM
My family and I will be there and are excited to meet everyone and interact with the Amish in the area as well!

http://www.evergreenparkrvresort.com

Gil_J
06-21-2018, 09:01 PM
The annual POG rallies are always a good time. If your travel plans can put you in Ohio at the end of September, I hope you can include the rally in your travels.

Jamie Bradford
07-09-2018, 01:27 PM
I hope everyone is having a Great Summer !

We still have some spots available for the upcoming rally in Dundee , Ohio. The rally will be held at Evergreen RV Resort from September 26-30 , 2018. If you have not yet signed up & plan on joining us please do so soon. I reserved spaces for the rally but cannot guarantee a spot for you after August 1 , 2018.

If you have not visited this Amish section of Ohio you are in for a real treat! The countryside is beautiful & the food is GREAT !!

Here is a link with additional rally & sign-up information :

http://prevost-stuff.com/Dundee_Rally_Sheet_31418.html

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you should have any questions. I am looking forward to seeing you in Dundee…..

Thanks

Jamie

Moving Tara
09-06-2018, 02:49 PM
I am not sure if this is the correct place, but it was our understanding that there is a Prevost Gathering scheduled in Las Vegas at the Oasis RV Park in October 21st through 25th, 2018? Is this correct? and if so, can we, as Prevost want-a-be's attend? We are still looking for our "perfect" unit... I know, no such thing really...

Fran and Vince
Moving Tara

Gil_J
09-06-2018, 05:05 PM
That would be a Prevost Prouds rally. They are easy to find through Google.

Moving Tara
09-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Thank you!!

Fran
Moving Tara

Denny
09-24-2018, 01:44 PM
Several of us are here at the rally and more are expected today. Today is my wife’s birthday and to celebrate I’m having cake and ice cream tonight (Monday) in the game room at Evergreen RV Resort. Everyone is invited to join us at 7:00 pm. Bring whatever beverage you want. See you there.

Denny

Denny
09-26-2018, 09:09 PM
Gil’s bus being weighed this morning at POG rally courtesy of the Ohio State Troopers.

Gil_J
09-26-2018, 10:28 PM
If you haven't had side-to-side axle weights then you likely have underinflated tires. Today's participants saw side-to-side weight differences well over 1,000 pounds

Joe Camper
09-27-2018, 05:26 AM
Weighing those buses has to rattle some of those state troopers. If they put a truck that's a commercial vehicle on those Portables and came up with those kind of weights on the drive axle that poor trucker would be pulling a couple thousand dollars out of his pocket to pay for a fine for that truck with the same weights.

The only way you can put 20,000 pounds on an axle in a commercial vehicle legally is it has to be positioned alone and at least 10 ft away from any other single axle. The most weight that you can put on any axle that's in a cluster with 1 or more other axles is 17000 lb. Those r bridge laws.

Gill, any drives weighed yesterday north of 21000lb? That would be way out of whack in the commercial world not only what they fine you but they'd make you move that and get right.

Why buses get a pass like that I never could figure that out.

Question? R u being weighed on asphalt or concrete?

GoneCrazy
09-27-2018, 06:21 AM
Gil’s bus being weighed this morning at POG rally courtesy of the Ohio State Troopers.
Thanks for the picture Denny , I love the American flag on Gil’s drivers shade.

Gil_J
09-30-2018, 07:44 AM
Just a bit of eye candy from the rally.

What a great time! Another fun filled rally with a lot of activities. Best of all, was the interaction with others that share the passion of Prevost ownership.

Most Prevost models and conversions were represented with the 30 plus coaches that attended. And show coaches represented by Legacy Coach, Imperial Luxury Coach and USA Coach may have had some considering moving up.

As everyone departs, just remember that some things that happen in Dundee stay in Dundee. Anyone that has a particular DVD needs to be reminded that those are for private viewing.

We may have had a rally first; an engagement! Congratulations!

Gil_J
09-30-2018, 08:29 AM
Joe,

I don't think anyone exceeded the federal limits. BTW, I'm pretty sure the tandem limit is 34K, not 17K per axle in the tandem. At least that's how I read the bridge limits.

Rocky, thanks.

Pete
09-30-2018, 09:42 AM
ANOTHER GREAT RALLY!!! Thanks to all who made this rally a fun outing. Jamie & Debbie, Gil & Durlene, Ruth Ann & Denny, thanks for a super time. We learned so much about the Amish, saw beautiful country farms, and learned of customs of the people in the area.
For those who were not on the bus ride back to the Evergreen, you missed a real fun ride. Mike Gibson, you should be on the comedy circuit!
Looking forward to the next rally!

BoaterAl
09-30-2018, 09:52 AM
I think that is a first engagement taking place at Prevost rally. Congratulations
AL

Denny
09-30-2018, 09:24 PM
Joe,

I don't think anyone exceeded the federal limits. BTW, I'm pretty sure the tandem limit is 34K, not 17K per axle in the tandem. At least that's how I read the bridge limits.

Rocky, thanks.

Gil, you are correct about the 34K. I knew tandem axles were 34 unless it’s a spread over 10 feet, but i wasn’t sure about the single tag axle. I asked the officer doing the weighing and he said it didn’t matter about a single tire vs duels, it’s two axles and 34,000lbs

LKNcyclist
10-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Hats off to the Dundee Rally organizer's, Jamie, Debbie, Gil, Durlene, Denny and Ruth Ann. What a wonderful few days and very interesting part of the USA.
Thanks also to the factory folks and the reps from the sales companies

Jamie Bradford
11-06-2018, 04:00 PM
Hi Gang,

You probably thought I forgot - Here is a link to the pictures from the Dundee Rally :

http://prevost-stuff.com/POG_Dundee_September2018.html

Also - please Save The Date for next year - September 25 - 28 , 2019 - Mountain Valley RV Resort - Heber City , Utah - About 45 minutes from Salt Lake City

Jamie