PDA

View Full Version : To Bus Armor, or Diamond Shield??

jello_jeep
02-20-2007, 08:54 PM
My 96 Marathon has the Bus Armor on it, but over the years it has become cloudy and looks like crap.

The paint undreneath is just like the day it rolled off the facrory floor. I am wondering if I should replace the armor, or use the "diamond shield" film product, or nothing at all??

Your opinions are herby solicited!

Thanks in advance..

grross
02-20-2007, 09:04 PM
I have the shield on my current Marathon and had the Armour on my previous Marathon. The shield which is on my 2006 Marathon distorts the quality of the paint underneath. On the other hand the Armour on our 2000 Marathon was high maintenance to keep it clear; but the paint underneath was always "showroom" shinny!! I am a nit picker when it comes to the finish on my toys...therefore it was worth the extra effort to have the armour.

jello_jeep
02-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Thanx for the information.

Is there some way to polish out the armor? Or would I have to start over with a new one ??

grross
02-21-2007, 08:45 AM
There is a fiberglass/acrylic polish that my son gets me at the truck stops. The bottle has a rabbit on the front. The other option is to use the paste cleaners that is used to restore headlights (Eastman's Detailer Catalog). In either case it takes a lot of elbo grease. To me it was worth the effort. After 100,000 miles my Armour coach had no dings and the paint was like new. My current bus with the shield has had to have the stainless panels replaced and there are dings in the paint...after only 12,000 miles.
GOOD LUCK!!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Hey Warren, check with one of our sponsors, Wipe-Out, to see what they recommend. http://www.wipeoutsystems.com/

Gary S

jello_jeep
02-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Thanx for the thoughts.... Will look into it all....