PDA

View Full Version : RV Park within 1 hr of DC

Kevin Erion
02-19-2006, 03:39 PM
We will be vacationing in early August and I would like to find an RV park about 1 hour drive from DC for day trips. We plan on spending about 3-4 days and will use the site as base camp for the day trips. 75' with the trailer but I will pay for 2 sites if I must. 6,7 and 8 year old girls and I like to find parks on the level of Outdoor Resorts. Any ideas would help a bunch.
Thanks,
Kevin

truk4u
02-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Kevin,
There's a park in Cherry Hill, I don't remember the exact name as I don't have my book handy, but we stayed there while attending Rolling Thunder and it was very nice. They have a bus pick-up in the park to take you to the subway and your in downtown DC in no time.;)

Jerry Winchester
02-20-2006, 03:37 PM
http://www.cherryhillpark.com/

Kevin Erion
02-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks for all the help, we made reservations at Cherry Hill for 4 days and then we will move south to Outdoor Resorts in VA for 4 days. I hope the kids and mom will enjoy the sites. Maybe dad as well but I will want to polish and that cuts into the day trip hours.
Kevin
I want to make the trip to MangoMikes for dinner and some helpful hints on rasing 3 girls.

MangoMike
02-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Kevin,

I think you made the right move with Cherry Hill, the fun will be in DC.

Unfortunately I'm a better restauratuer than Dad. Teenage girls are the best/worst. Hope you can make it to Mango's. Keep in touch.

Mike

Kevin Erion
02-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks Mike, We will be there August 8-11. We will make the trip for some food. as we get a little closer, I will let you know.
Kevin

ken&ellen
02-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Kevin, Check your PM's. I replied to you with reguards to Outdoor Resorts Va.
Ken