PDA

View Full Version : Market Reserch

Joe Cannarozzi
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
One thing that Debbie and I do not have, and really miss on the bus is a screen door on the entrance and I'm pretty sure no one currently offers this.

I would appreciate a little input from the folks.
How many of you out there be interested in such an option if available?

I was talking to a Monaco mechanic who was roped into sales for the R/V show and commented to him how similar the shape of that item was on the Monacos and the lack of it on the bus.

He returned by telling me that they currently have a take-off from a unit that was in for body damage and it could be had for a few bucks.

Im pretty sure with just some slight mods. I can fabricate one and I am going forward.

Coloradobus
02-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Seem to recall a few years ago a coach in Indio, that had a screen door attachment from an outfit called, 'Sew What" Don't know if they are still around tho.

Jerry Winchester
02-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Survey Says..........

I'm not up for a screen door. If you have kids, this immediately becomes the weak point in the whole show. They won't use the handle, they will push on the mesh and finally ruin it and lastly they are not strong enough to stop you when you tumble down the stairs.

With the sliding windows we have and the two vent fans, we can create a pretty good breeze or sense of being outdoors without the screen door.

JDUB

Coloradobus
02-16-2007, 12:15 PM
The screen door we saw on a coach in Indio was a sewn variety with no metal frame. It velcroed in place. The design was such, it acted like a screen-curtain than a door, so entering or exiting, you just brushed it asside. However, kids flying in and out would possibly dislodge it from the velcro anchors and let the bugs in.

ken&ellen
02-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Joe, Get high tech.....install an air door like the large supermarkets have! A curtain of air keeps the cool air in and keeps the bugs out.:D Ken

Jon Wehrenberg
02-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Have to agree with JDUB on this one.

As an additional consideration I'll bet a screen on the front door and driver window slider could be held in place with Velcro and that would help with air flow also.

I'll bet you are being polite Joe, but we can read behind the lines and understand the air flow is required because of the pups. Even our little dog can clear a room.

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Joe, I saw a screen door at a home show that I thought was kind of neat , but because I didn't have an application I do not recal the name. You probably could research it though if you were interested.

I will try to describe it. The door screen material rolled up in the jamb instead of being hinged. To close you pulled it across and it latched. Similar to pulling down a spring loaded window shade. It had some prety strong warranty claims. (Child, Dog, Spasdic Adult proof.) The demo was punch it, bump it, push it, walk into it and nothing bad happens. It just opens automatically. My first thought though was that my smart dogs would learn right away to push it and let themselves out. HA HA :D

This was at one of the small time lesser products booths.

JIM

Joe Cannarozzi
02-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Check it out I got Jon and Jerry agreeing! Someone let Lew know its safe to come back!

Air curtin, clever. I dont think Deb would be up for that with her reaction from the no-seums but I like it.

I am intrested in all opinions, and hope for more.

For us we want a standard screen door just like we have enjoyed in the past. I'm gonna be taking some measurements with me to the show on Sunday and comparing them with that screen door on that Monaco I talked about earlier. Judging by what i've seen so far it is going to require very minimal mods.

The biggest hurtle I believe will be locating the same extruded aluminum that makes up the frame, should it need to be enlarged.

merle&louise
02-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi Joe,

My coach has a roll up screen door. It has a magnet that holds it open and it is spring loaded to retract. We love it. It's nice to have fresh air in the coach plus it is easy to go in & out as opposed to opening the entrance door every time you go in & out.

If you are going to POG3 I'll show it to you.:D

bluevost
02-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi Joe,

I bought a "screen curtain" from Sky Mall. It has an ajustable bar on top and velcro tabs on the side. The thing opens in the middle and magnets keep it together on the bottom. It works fairly well, although it doesn't look the greatest. Cost about $35.00. It keeps most of the skeeters out!!

Good luck

lewpopp
02-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Merle's screen door is available only on the side entrance. I asked the Newell guy Brian Pitts and he said it would be impossible to put one on the front because of the configuration. That side screen is real neat.

On another note, I'll bet there is a lot of air movement, in JDUB's coach. I wouldn't want to be around when it's moving.

Lew

Jim_Scoggins
02-18-2007, 05:50 AM
A screen door is one of those things that one has to be careful what you wish for because you might get it.

My 86 Bluebird didnt have one and I thought I wanted one. My 04 bird has one and we rarely use it. Screen doors can be also source of rattles. Also, pay attention to the esthetics of it all when the entrance door is closed and you are looking at it from the inside.

It seems you are committed to it and might really enjoy it, but try to keep the installation so you can revert to your previous set up.

Regards,
Jim Scoggins
04 bluebird
prevost wannabe

ken&ellen
02-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Our '95 Beaver Marquis had a really neat screen door. It pulled straight across the door area and was held tight by magnets. It also did not have a frame, just screen. When retracted it rolled into a tube on the left side of the door area. It worked really well and took a beating. I'm sure Beaver could tell you who they used to supply that one. Ellen

lewpopp
02-19-2007, 10:34 PM
What's the latest price on Lifeline AGM's? The big ones.

And If I need them, which will be soon I guess, and where does someone go to get the best price in Florida and have them installed.

I'd try to do it my self but I couldn't lift them anymore.

JIM KELLER
02-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Lew, Consider Ken Robertson RV in Lakeland. Lester Burgess knows his stuff. They have overnight hook ups so you can stay in your coach during repairs or replacement. I think Mango Mikes mothership is for sale at their location.

Orren Zook
02-20-2007, 03:54 PM
What's the latest price on Lifeline AGM's? The big ones.

Right now they're running $332.37 each, installed in Ohio. With your core, of course.

JIM KELLER
02-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Lew, Did some market research for you. Parliament in Largo is 371.25 per AGM plus 123.50 labor for the change over of all batteries. Hope this helps.

lewpopp
02-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks Jim

They went up about a hundred bucks in one year.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Hey Joe, I saw this email from a PP Member, and thought I would pass the information on to you. You asked about Screen Doors for Prevost's back in Feb and got some information, but I just thought I would pass this info from another source.

The following quote was taken from a Prevost Proud Email posted to PP site.

SCREEN DOOR
We've had a screen door in our 88 CC Prevost (11 years) and our 99 CC Prevost (6.5 years). It was made by an out fit by the name of Sew What that also sells under the name of Quick Shade. It's a screen fabric that installs quickly and is fitted precisely. We used it only when needed and have found it quite satisfactory. Actually, we wore out the screen from the 88 and had a new one made for the 99. We know several others who have the same screen. You can contact them at Qshade@cox.net. I don't believe they have an internet site. They're located somewhere in the San Diego area, and work out of Outdoor Resort Indio in the winter.

T O M C U L L E N Tom Cullen [tcullen1@ix.netcom.com

Good Luck with this, and hope your Generator & Gen Box rebuild is going well?

Gary S

Joe Cannarozzi
07-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks a bunch Gary.

That is just one of a million things that I am wanting but has been relegated to the back burner because of a million other more pressing items. Arent these prevo grand.

Do you often lurk over there on the dark side:rolleyes:

Gary & Peggy Stevens
07-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Thanks a bunch Gary.

Do you often lurk over there on the dark side:rolleyes:

Hey Joe, No real lurking for me on the Dark Side, sometimes I get an email that might pertain to some questions you guys might have asked about, so I forward them on just trying to help, CAUSE I GOT NO bus to work on YET :(

But still looking, and saving my Pennies. One of these days I too will be rolling on all 8's. BELIEVE IT !!

Gary S