PDA

View Full Version : POGIII From Florida

Just Plain Jeff
02-16-2007, 07:33 AM
We've had a few posts here and there about a caravan from Florida headed for POG III. Once we get a count on registration from Jim (ah, everyone needs to register), we'll figure out a central point where we can meet. I spoke with one converter and they run about 1000-1200 miles a day, so it probably wouldn't be a whole lot of fun to run with them.

Who all has actually registered and who has yet to do so?

Where would ya like to meet up...mindful that we do have 66 days, 6 hours and so on to figure this out.

Thanks all!

JIM KELLER
02-16-2007, 07:46 AM
We are in the St. Pete area of Florida and if we leave from Florida as opposed to N.C. we would like to hook up and meet other pogers. What do you think ? Is it a one or two night stop on the way to Texas ? Although I have rolled our bus at 85, its not my preferred road speed. You guys dont drive faster than that.......do you ?

99 Country Coach 45XL

Just Plain Jeff
02-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Nah, we aren't trying to set any speed records. Some folks like to get up really early and drive long stretches. Houston is about 1100 miles from Lakeland, where we are, more or less, and that's two days for us unless The Boss sees a great yard sale.

We have some people on the South Florida coast to figure into the deal, as they have an additional 4 hours, so we might have to have a meet-up and then go from a central location.

Guess we will have to get a count on registrations to get our act together. We'll get it done.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-16-2007, 10:07 AM
The official Prevost speed limit is 62.5.

Anything faster than that results in bug splatters on the windshield. Anything slower results in bug splatters on the rear.

JIM KELLER
02-16-2007, 10:12 AM
O.K. I will put one of those "arrows" you guys make on the speedo at 62.5. Dont want splatters on my front or rear !

Just Plain Jeff
02-16-2007, 11:28 AM
The official Prevost speed limit is 62.5.

Anything faster than that results in bug splatters on the windshield. Anything slower results in bug splatters on the rear.

Don't pay any attention to these guys. They are charter members of the OFC, and the last thing they can remember is when they filed for Social Security.

Put it in D and drive it like you stole it.

We'll have fun.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Well if seems like JPJ is trying to foist himself off as someone with all his faculties. This is the guy that left the 2006 Liberty Stuart Rally with his tow car light plug dragging.

This is the guy that needs a driver to get to OSH.

This is the guy that showed up at the TGO mini rally and forgot his wife.

This is the guy that showed up at Liberty a week ago and is still there because he forgot why he came there in the first place. He is trying to convince anyone that will listen he is trying to get his roof painted, as though he has ever seen it in the first place.

This is the guy that is in denial. He thinks everybody else is old. We know the truth. He is the founder of OFC.

Sad.

Stelan73
02-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Ginger and I'd like to tag along. We're down in Jupiter, FL. Just tell us when and where AND we have registered.

Just Plain Jeff
02-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Well if seems like JPJ is trying to foist himself off as someone with all his faculties. This is the guy that left the 2006 Liberty Stuart Rally with his tow car light plug dragging.

This is the guy that needs a driver to get to OSH.

This is the guy that showed up at the TGO mini rally and forgot his wife.

This is the guy that showed up at Liberty a week ago and is still there because he forgot why he came there in the first place. He is trying to convince anyone that will listen he is trying to get his roof painted, as though he has ever seen it in the first place.

This is the guy that is in denial. He thinks everybody else is old. We know the truth. He is the founder of OFC.

Sad.

Details, just details, my good man.

Some men are born of vision and philosophy, others keep track of the little things.

Speaking of which, I remember when my grandfather brought home is first new Studebaker, the first produced after the war, gasoline was .08 a gallon and it was a sight to behold. It did have the look of a chromed vegetable of some sort, but modern and had the fresh smell of a new car. He debated between that and the Hudson, and had a Packard before the war which he favored due to the straight 8 engine, a beautiful machine. I liked the successor to the Studebaker, the Buick Roadmaster, with five, count 'em 5 holes in the hood. You knew where you stood if you had the Roadmaster. It was a two-tone and that was first drawer. They say that as you get older you tend to ramble more and more and thank goodness that isn't the case with me because I am still pretty sharp and concise when necessary to be able to put out the punchy words that you do, but the problem you must be experiencing is that you forget where your sentence was heading by the time you get to the end of the sentence so you just put in a period and that is harder to read.

Now what was it you asked?

Heck.

And I'm too young to even get Social Security. I can see where this is headed and it doesn't look good from here.

lewpopp
02-16-2007, 10:01 PM
The proper speed is 62.5. Guess I can't go.

Lew

rfoster
02-16-2007, 10:01 PM
JPJ: Don't mean to be to forward hear, just a suggestion. You should check and see which flavor Metamucil the Lewster is on. He stays on the cutting edge, sharp and to the point. I think it must be the orange flavored.

lewpopp
02-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Orange flavor it is my feathered friend, and lots of it. I will share with you guys that are stopped up.

Now listen, 1100 miles in two days? Good God, enjoy the trip and arrive safely. You start talking about 5-600 miles a day and you'll end up killing someone. I'm serious!

Lew

Joe Cannarozzi
02-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Thats only 8 hrs or so of driving. What are ya gonna lay around for 16 out on the road or what:confused:

Even 62.5 will get ya 500 in 8;)

Wait a minute, I may have stumbled on to something. That SPECIFIC speed and the fact that it will get you EXACTLY 500 in 8 might be one of the very reasons Jon chose it, and enjoys it:D

Just Plain Jeff
02-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Sound like I have a lot to learn before I am ripe enough to join the OFC!

If I turn out like Lew, I would be honored to be a member.

By the way, our entourage from Florida to POG III will go at whatever speed is comfortable for everyone.

NO ONE will be left behind.

We'll make whatever headway is comfortable for the whole group.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Ain't no flies on that Joe guy.

I don't even remember when Studebakers or Hudsons were new. I'm thinking JPJ is making the Lewster and Harry feel like kids.

JPJ, tell us more about neat things like gathering around the radio on a Saturday night.

lewpopp
02-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Well Joe, as much as you are correct in your calculations, when you travel at 60 or 65 mph, you never average that unless you bring it up to 75 or 80. I wouldn't want to be the lagger so I had better plan on driving my Prevost golfcart around ORA.

Don't you guys ever pee? The last time I had a catheter put in me the worst part was using my peepee after. Oh, did it hurt. Again I don't mean to continue harping on me being older. My mind is 40, but my body has been used as tho I hadden't planned on living this long. I guess maybe JDUB would have an accessory for his peepee so he could just drain it into a fireman's hose out the window. I don't have one. They never issued me one at our CELLAR SAVERS FIRE DEPT. Maybe they did and when I left it was in my equipment that I turned in.

As for you young Wipper Snappers like Jon, a few of my favorites weren't necessarily on Sat nites. They were: The Shadow, (eh eh eh eh), Allen's Alley (with Senator Claghorn, I say Senator Claghorn), Friday nite fights with Willie Pep, Our Town (I think), sponsored by Pall Mall cigarettes (they filter the smoke further) and a few characters on several programs. The Great GilderSleeve, Digger O'Dell(the friendly undertaker) and Rochester(yessim boss) on the Jack Benny show.

New cars were a treat. My brother was a Chevy dealer and we were fortunate to get one of first new cars in '46. What thrill for me and possibly a greater one for my dad.

Enough, enough

Don't forget to stop and smell the roses and take a PEE once in a while.

Lew

win42
02-17-2007, 09:39 AM
JPJ: You are confusing experiance and knowledge with rambling. You youngsters are so full of yourselves your brain is locked up to the learning process. Zip your lip. pull your head out of your grommet and listen to your wise elders. Your grandfather should have chosen the Hudson over the Studebaker it was a far superior automobile. Just ask Miss Daisy.

" Old Guys Rule "