PDA

View Full Version : How Long To Wait To Start

TheGadgetGuru
07-16-2017, 07:28 AM
I'm currently traveling in my bus and for this leg, we're parked in a campground for a few weeks. The bus is on a pole and is connected to 50 amp power. Is it advisable to occasionally start the bus? If so, how often and how long should it idle?

Joe Camper
07-16-2017, 08:37 AM
A few weeks for someone who uses his bus as much as u no. I'd start it the day before I left just to eleminate the chance of any unwanted suprises.

I would also do a pretrip air brake inspection apon arrival to the campground as soon as I pull in for the same reason, if something has gone bad I want to know now not the day I go to leave!!

Joe Camper
07-16-2017, 09:37 AM
What about your Flexible Andy?????

Poor thing. It needs its exercise too. It wants to play too.

Keeping both limber would be dictated by your lifestyle and schedule. If I were u I would camp the flexible at least 3 or 4 times a year making a point of putting at least a few hundred miles on it each time.

TheGadgetGuru
07-16-2017, 10:29 AM
What about your Flexible Andy?????

Poor thing. It needs its exercise too. It wants to play too.

Keeping both limber would be dictated by your lifestyle and schedule. If I were u I would camp the flexible at least 3 or 4 times a year making a point of putting at least a few hundred miles on it each time.

Absolutely Joe! I'm not neglecting the Flx, just giving her a few weeks of well deserved time off. She's all nice and cozy and connected to power in a covered storage facility. For my Summer adventures in the Marathon, the plan is to fly home every few weeks to visit the Flx and take her for a drive as I don't want her to feel neglected!