PDA

View Full Version : April Rally Dates

rfoster
02-16-2006, 01:36 PM
whew! Don't know where to begin - I just found my macerator pipe on the right rear, found the air bag leaking on the 3 belt side of the fan gear box, was polishing my stainless, and paint, - this board is great, - I even checked the air pressure in all 8 tires!- I hit something and knocked off the curb side drain pvc pipe - fixed that. Ordered new dome that I cracked for Satellite TV. time to take a break. --Breaks over
How often do you check the water level of House batteries?

Two suggestions -1) post the rally dates on the calendar of this board - so I can remember
2) give Jon a raise ( I promised to request one for him) He does a great job! I looked in Walmart for "I have my own grease pit coveralls" no luck -I went on a bought a pair of "I lay on the ground and change my oil"

Roger Foster

Jon Wehrenberg
02-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Roger,

If the planets are lined up you have no battery fluids to check. Your house batteries on a 97 Liberty should be AGM which have no maintenance requirements.

The bus batteries should be maintenance free. While I have had the Delco 1150 batteries in the past, I now have Interstate 1150 and both types do not require any maintenance either although they are wet cell.

I would guess that your batteries and tires should be new or very near new because when Liberty sells a coach these are two big ticket items that they will replace if they are nearing the end of their lives (around five or six years for each).

I've already spent that raise so I hope it is in my next check.

rfoster
02-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Jon: Boy was that good news about the batterys- I was dreading the idea of trying to get to them to check. You are right about Liberty - tires are good and the batterys had been replaced by the previous owner in September 2005.
I wouldn't think the raise would be retro-- but maybe.;) if that planets thing lines up - Roger

Jon Wehrenberg
02-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Roger,

Just make sure you verify everything I say, because if I don't know the answer I make things up.

rfoster
02-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Jon - in another words - like Ronald Reagan trust , but verify- will do.
The coach batteries are definitely maintenace free, but the house batteries are unmarked Gray with caps - just no clearance to check level and am not to excited about trying to undo the Spaghetti bowl of leads in that compartment.

If you get real good at making things up - well- you could run for Senator in Mass. or keep working this board. Roger

Jon Wehrenberg
02-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Roger,

See if the batteries are maintenance free. If they are it will say it somewhere.

I have replaced my bus batteries twice in the last 16 years, and they lasted about 6 years. I never checked or added water. I had a somewhat lazy attitude about them because before complete failure I had an on-board 24 volt charger/converter that could (and was) used to give them a charge when they started to fail. If you have no built in charger for your bus batteries you do have to be very much aware of your bus battery age and condition.

On your Liberty Elegent Lady you actually have two fall back positions in the event your bus batteries die on you. You have a built in charger (it is above your batteries) and you can jump the 24V bus battery system with the 24 V house battery system.

I wouldn't worry at all about your bus batteries if you know they are a young age. Once they hit about five years you do need to pay attention.

MangoMike
02-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Roger,

I hard wired in a marine battery charger (water resistant) for the bus batteries as they died on me once. (Had a bus full of kids getting ready to see xmas lights - bummer). My fault as I was playing a lot with the lights, (kid with a new toy syndrome) and killed the batteries. I put in a three stage charger that can stay on full time and not cook the batteries. About $150 - heading down to the bus barn so I'll get the model number for you. I just mounted on the bulk head next to the bus batteries and plugged into the outlet for the crankcase heater. Works great.

Mike

Jerry Winchester
02-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Roger,

I am sure Jon has a pair of those retiree coveralls. You know, the ones with all the pockets and the belt sewed into the waist with the little clasp in the front.

And Mike must have some poofter flowery coveralls if he can get Jon to change his oil for him. I think he will model them at the rally.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-21-2006, 09:00 PM
If Salvation Army or Goodwill has them, I'll be wearing them.

Jerry Winchester
02-21-2006, 09:03 PM
My oil change coveralls

MangoMike
02-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Jerry, We can be exchanging some Mango Wear for those overalls. Very cool.

Mike

Jerry Winchester
02-21-2006, 09:32 PM
I may have a pair that will fit you if you don't mind laundered, but previously used. :D

lewpopp
02-21-2006, 09:33 PM
I thought that the POG t-shirt was for that purpose. I have no other work clothes.:mad:

Jon Wehrenberg
02-21-2006, 09:34 PM
I warned you guys before. Mango wear says "STAFF" on the back, and to get it you will have to wash his bus.

And polish his holes.

Jerry Winchester
02-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Lew,

When I retire I am wearing shorts every day. Maybe even a Mango shirt, but not slacks or long pants or coveralls.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Depends...................:D

Jerry Winchester
02-21-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm gonna get me one of these scooters too. This retiree was getting around pretty well on it, but I thought he was going to throw me and the coach out of the parking lot.

Turns out he just wanted some BBQ. Moocher.

lewpopp
02-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Amazing what trick photography does. HW needs a 3 wheeled version of his motorized gizmo.. Damn, forgot the name of it.

Jerry Winchester
02-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Lew,

You're jammin me up here. I was in the parking lot at the Reed Arena in College Station, TX whipping up some BBQ before my alma mater, Oklahoma State, whacked the Aggies in basketball. I got there early to get set up and here come the parking nazis to run me off. When they get close, I say to my wife, "Hey that guy in front looks just like G.H.W. Bush."

He just wanted to chat with some Cowboys. :D

ken&ellen
02-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Didn't Willie Nelson have a song warning people about " cowboys " ?:confused:
Ken

MangoMike
02-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Jerry,

Drop him a call and see if he wants to join us at the POG rally.

PS Good job with the Libyians, as diesel around here has dropped some.

Mango

Jerry Winchester
02-23-2006, 11:14 AM
He has too many shooters to have around with a group like ours. I did tell him he was taller than I expected......

But he has a cool Segway scooter that is painted to match Air Force One. :p