PDA

View Full Version : Billet Aluminum LED Curb Lights

Gil_J
04-21-2017, 10:01 AM
In a previous post, Donnie Myers announced that he may be producing a replacement for the old Chevy lights that are used on so many coaches for curb or patio lights. There are options for improving the lighting and other replacement LED light fixtures, but none scream as being Prevost-Quaility better than Donnie's fixture.

For custom car and motorcycle fans you have all likely invested in billet aluminum upgrades due to the phenomenal looks of a good quality billet aluminum product. Donnie's lights are of that same quality; I saw them just the other day. Not only do they look great, they are bright and fit the same footprint as the old Chevy lights. The screw holes don't share the same hole spacing, which is likely a good feature. Many of the well nuts on the skin of the coach that are holding the Chevy lights are so corroded that they are unusable anyway. So, great looks, great fit, so how's the lighting? The 2 LED panels that are integrated into the light are bright!

If you want the ultimate curb/patio light, you might want to consider Donnie's offering. I think they sell for about $250; don't forget they are billet aluminum. If you're interested, give Donnie Myers Luxury Coach a call.

Donnie Myers
04-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Gil, it was a pleasure to finally see/ meet you for the first time. I appreciate you taking your time and posting the pics of the lights. We are very proud of our light fixtures as they are one piece billet chrome plated aluminum. The screw holes were purposely designed this way. It allows them to mount easily to any surface. We designed them to not only fit the foot print of the GM cargo light but to also be mounted directly over the holes of the existing Vantare rub rail lights. Now instead of shining straight out they are angled 45 degrees toward the ground and are very effective at night.

I wish I would have had you take a pic of our 2 wire fully dimmable ceiling puck light fixture replacement. I'm not into those two pin cheesy Chinese LED disks that plug in place of the halogen bulb. They are dangerous and I have seen them catch on fire at lower voltages. There use to be videos on YOU TUBE showing that. We also have a trade in program for the fiber optics projector. We remove all the insides and install our same LED but instead of driving it at 3 watts we turn it up to 35 watts and just keep the color wheel intact. All of our fixtures are one piece billet aluminum and American made, actually locally.

I'm very glad I got to spend time with you and give you the 50 cent tour as you now know what and how we actually do things. We are not your "traditional shop"..lol We could use some help though. I need a parts guy immediately as well as a good service writer so I can get back to designing more updates!!

travelite
04-21-2017, 04:30 PM
Hi Donnie,

I sure could use a set of your 2 wire ceiling puck light LED fixtures. Can I place and order? I need to pay you a visit for flat panel TVs but that may not happen till next winter. BTW, the coach is performing flawlessly and we continue to enjoy the beautiful new shower you, Debbie, and the gang installed. Thanks for providing your outstanding service. :)