PDA

View Full Version : Dales awnings

gmcbuffalo
02-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Dale and Jan
I see in your picture on "locations" thread your coach. Your awnings look great what kind and do you have matching rail on the other side. Makes your looks very updated.

GregM

dalej
02-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Greg, we made these out of aluminum. Bought the metal had sheered, pressed and then we primed and painted. they are just trim pieces that hide the roof junk. Five pieces riveted together with narrow strips. The four nose cones were the hardest to make and weld to the straight pieces.

We don't use awnings, just the market umbrella. Jan replaced the original materal so it matches the stripe in the bus.

gmcbuffalo
02-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Dale and Jan
Nice job guys.
Greg

Petervs
02-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Sorry folks, where can you see the picture of Dale's awnings? I see no link here.

Peter vS

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Sorry folks, where can you see the picture of Dale's awnings? I see no link here.

Peter vS

Peter, Members Locations,Psalm#128 .

:) JIM

Ray Davis
02-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Here's a direct link (I hope)

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10409&postcount=128

Petervs
02-12-2007, 08:01 PM
You guys are great, now I had no trouble finding the picture. And yes, they are cool looking " pseudo awning junk hiders".

This is an example of a great thing for Poggers to do. My friend Brian has one of those large hemispherical satelite antenna domes on the roof of his coach, quite near the front. I keep suggesting it looks just like a top turret on a B-17 and all he needs are some fake machine guns sticking out the front.....

Peter vS
94 Marathon XLV

Jon Wehrenberg
02-12-2007, 08:38 PM
The hell with fake. My wife wants the real thing sticking out between the headlights for the idiots that pull in about 10 feet in front of us, and then spike the brakes to jump off at the next exit.

win42
02-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Jan & Dale arrived here at Beaudry's this afternoon. Don't believe those are not awnings. He had both sides out full length this afternoon. He doesn't want anyone to know he went to Newell and had them installed. :D