PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Coach

Gil_J
04-21-2017, 09:21 AM
There's little doubt that the process of selecting and purchasing a coach can be both a time of exuberance and anxiety for many, if not most, coach buyers. Let's face it, no one wants to buy a coach to only later discover they didn't end up with the right fit for their needs. All of these coaches are similar to the candy on the shelves in the checkout line of a store; it's hard to pass them up!

Once you get past the astonishing looks both inside and out, you may end your search or dig a bit deeper, and you should, into how the coach systems work. The details aren't critical to many owners, but the operation and capabilities of the coach systems should be understood. Take for example an owner that loves to dry camp. The power systems vary widely between coaches and some are better configured for dry camping.

When it comes time to consider a new coach, take your time (something I strongly suggest but seldom do myself). Spend some time looking at the available coaches, which Prevost-Stuff.com is the premier site for available coaches. While looking I strongly suggest you do so being open to any conversion and any model. At this point don't factor in dislikes some may have as many of those dislikes are based solely on opinions. Take notes on what you like and dislike as you look at available coaches. When you later review your notes you should discover that you have begun to narrow your search. Take to dealers. Although all are motivated to push their own offerings, many are very knowledgeable and will provide you a wealth of information even if you buy elsewhere. Always have a sounding board. Whether it's a friend, a trusted owner, or consultant it's always good to have someone help you make sure you're still travelling down the path that best suites you.

Here's a pretty long video that highlights the exuberance of a new buyer after much of the anxiety has gone away. (CLICK HERE) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY8XJNzVimA&t=7s) to watch the video.

For anyone looking for that perfect coach. Take your time, the right coach may not be available today, but it will be.

TheGadgetGuru
04-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Gil's being modest and as you'll see in the following videos, he's a rock star! While you'll see more about it in Part #1 of this series, as I was closing in on three pre-owned Prevost models, I hired Gil to be a consultant to assist me in selecting the right model for my needs. I must say that it was money well spent as not only did he clearly explain the differences between the three models (and a Foretravel Realm too), he performed the pre-purchase inspection and stayed around for a few days after the purchase to explain the basics of the mechanical operation.

Since there's others on this site who may be considering the purchase of a pre-owned Prevost, I'll highly recommend Gil's services as he went above and beyond and even a few weeks later, he's as close as a text message to answer questions that arise during usage.

Here's Part #1 of what I'm calling, Prevost for Newbies and it goes through the driver's side bays. I'll warn you upfront these videos are very long, but if you're considering a Prevost, there's some information regarding operation that you may find valuable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY8XJNzVimA

TheGadgetGuru
04-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Here's Part #2 and it goes through the passenger (or working) side bays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QoQdcK8miI

dale farley
04-21-2017, 12:24 PM
These are some excellent videos with a great deal of information for any Prevost owner or potential owner. Gil, I hope you remember all the people that were your friends before you became an internet star.

GoneCrazy
04-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Good Job Gil !

TheGadgetGuru
04-21-2017, 02:30 PM
Gil, I hope you remember all the people that were your friends before you became an internet star.

He's a natural!

Jamie Bradford
04-21-2017, 03:11 PM
That is the BEST information video I have ever seen!!!

Thanks Andy & Gil !!!

TheGadgetGuru
04-21-2017, 03:46 PM
That is the BEST information video I have ever seen!!!

Thanks Andy & Gil !!!

Thanks Jamie, but to be perfectly honest, Gil made it easy. I had the questions, but he's the guy with the answers!

travelite
04-21-2017, 04:27 PM
Beautifully done videos, very professional. I learned something today by watching those videos! Andy, that's one gorgeous coach. :)

TheGadgetGuru
04-21-2017, 06:00 PM
Beautifully done videos, very professional. I learned something today by watching those videos! Andy, that's one gorgeous coach. :)

Thanks David!

Joe Camper
04-22-2017, 08:00 AM
That reminded me of that show ship shape.

TheGadgetGuru
04-22-2017, 02:07 PM
That reminded me of that show ship shape.\

Hey Joe, is that a good thing?.

Joe Camper
04-23-2017, 06:08 AM
Oh ya good show. Andy your voice is even very similar to its host John Habiscaus I think that's his name.