PDA

View Full Version : POG is Everywhere

MangoMike
02-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Mrs. Mango says Mike, get a life.

I love it.

lewpopp
02-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Speaking of a life, Kathy and I had ours brightened this afternoon when a couple approached us and introduced themselves as "Merle and Louise". You could have knocked me over with a feather.

You talk about someone with MPD, Merle has got it so bad he shook. We gave them a tour of the resort and every XL we passed he just started to shake all over. And there are plenty of XLs here in the resort.

We had a great evening together and got a tour of their beautiful coach. He was shaking over the Ps but he is rightly proud of his Newell.

As for the guys that want to see a picture of Louise in a bikini, well, she was at the pool with it on and there isn't much to it. As for Merle, you guys will have to take his thong, which he was wearin' at the pool, away from him at Kerrville. Please take it away from him, I beg you.

Lew

win42
02-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Open message to Jim our Forum leader: We have been here at Beaudry's since December and one of my pet projects is to try and meet every Prevost Owner as they arrive and make them aware of POG. It would be great to hand each of them a flyer explaining POG and how to make contact. I'm sure the group in Florida and others could use such an item. The personal contact is the greatest part, but it always sends them scurring for paper and pen. A spot for the members name and space no. on it would allow them to make contact again with any further questions they may have. As you know all Prevost people are happy with their busses and seek more information about them.

truk4u
02-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Anyone have a printer friend we could hook up with? To keep it simple, the cards could be generic with the POG/Stuff bus logo and web address on one side and the other could just have blank lines to fill in your name, address, phone number etc. It wouldn't cost much, we could order a bulk amount, split the costs and send everyone a hundred cards or so.

Whata ya think?:rolleyes:

MangoMike
02-11-2007, 08:26 AM
I use these guys for the restaurants.

http://www.4over4.com/businesscards.aspx

5000 cards both sides/color for $179

Mike

ken&ellen
02-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Ellen & I have cards with Cape Hatteras light house, but the address is Virginia. We were going to have them reprinted with our Georgia address and new e-mail.......POG information would be great. Ellen had made window klings with the POG logo for our toad....we get a lot of comments in RV parks.
Ken & Ellen

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Anyone have a printer friend we could hook up with? To keep it simple, the cards could be generic with the POG/Stuff bus logo and web address on one side and the other could just have blank lines to fill in your name, address, phone number etc. It wouldn't cost much, we could order a bulk amount, split the costs and send everyone a hundred cards or so.

Whata ya think?http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/

Another way to look at it would be: Have the power people of the POG site make-up a printable web page. Any member could then print and distribute as many as he/she required. :p

JIM:D

Jim Skiff
02-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Jim,

I'm sending some promotional things out to Harry and Joe similiar to what I sent Fast Roger and Jon for the Liberty Rally.

Mango has got us a line on a good card maker and I'll get some some cards made up through him. When they are done. We'll distribute to anyone interested.

Jim

Jon Wehrenberg
02-12-2007, 09:02 AM
The more this idea is discussed, the more appealing it seems.

Stickers for the bus or toad or tee shirts are probably not as effective as a personal business card with the members name and other information on one side, and the POG logo and web site information on the other.

A card could be personally handed to other Prevost owners or it could be placed under a windshield wiper of an unoccupied Prevost in an RV park. It wouldn't hurt to add a motto or some phrase that defines POG. That would give other owners some idea that POG could be an alternative to the Prouds or in addition to the Prouds.

The other thing is to get the converters to support POG by having the same cards with just the POG information available at the dealership.

I also think we need to canvas the newer members to find out how they learned of POG, what inspired them to spend the $24 to join (note to members: If you spent more it was an internet scam) and what their impression is of POG so the growth will be in the right direction and we can develop even more knowledge and information.

Surely there must be a printer out there that can do two sided business cards that have the quality level to reflect Prevost quality that will have POG on one side, and our personal info (and coach pictures) on the other.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-12-2007, 10:42 AM
"Surely there must be a printer out there that can do two sided business cards that have the quality level to reflect Prevost quality that will have POG on one side, and our personal info (and coach pictures) on the other."

I like the idea of the business cards very much, especially with a picture of your rig on the back, but you probably won't let me get any POG cards till I get a bus :( ,,..... damn it.. I got to hurry up and get a bus :)

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Just another idea, get a Great Looking Standardized POG business card, and allow the members to contact the card vendor to add their own Bus picture, and address and phone info to the back of the card when they purchase them.

In other words a Quality Card that fits POG's Standards, with each members own stuff on the back to make it their own. :rolleyes:

Gary S

MangoMike
02-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Jim / Chris of CObus have a nice high quality business card, that frankly may be nicer than the ones I get printed (I know that's hard to believe).

Hopefully they'll share info.

mm

Petervs
02-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Why not just have a link on this site that would allow members to print out as many as they want anytime?

No mailing, no printing costs, no muss no fuss. Just have Jim Skiff or one of his Mainer Minions design it for us.

Peter vS

win42
02-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks for handling it Jim. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start a brush fire.

merle&louise
02-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Speaking of a life, Kathy and I had ours brightened this afternoon when a couple approached us and introduced themselves as "Merle and Louise". You could have knocked me over with a feather.

You talk about someone with MPD, Merle has got it so bad he shook. We gave them a tour of the resort and every XL we passed he just started to shake all over. And there are plenty of XLs here in the resort.

We had a great evening together and got a tour of their beautiful coach. He was shaking over the Ps but he is rightly proud of his Newell.

As for the guys that want to see a picture of Louise in a bikini, well, she was at the pool with it on and there isn't much to it. As for Merle, you guys will have to take his thong, which he was wearin' at the pool, away from him at Kerrville. Please take it away from him, I beg you.

Lew

Thanks for the great post Lew. Karen and I really enjoyed being with you and Kathy over the weekend. You are right, those XLs are something else; especially in the setting of that fabulous RV resort. We will definitely go back and spend time with you and Kathy. We had a blast!

Lew took us riding around the park in his PREVOST golf cart, shouting insults and other greetings to everyone that we met up with. He knows everyone in the park and they just grin when he drives by. Thanks again for the hospitality and a delicious dinner.

ken&ellen
02-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Gary & Peggy, Ellen & I searched for that perfect bus for several years. We were torn between the BlueBird and the Prevost. To be honest the BlueBird was our first choice because as members of FMCA we found the Prevost owners to be snobbish, especially the Prevost Prouds......sorry Mango. We then discovered Prevost-Stuff.com and found folks just like us........people who are interested in the inter workings of the unit and folks who share their knowledge....even if you own an older unit!!!!:D The help we recieved made our buying experience that much easier. We have had our Liberty almost two years.......unfortunately we have only been able to make one POG rally, but hoping to go to POGIII. Good luck on your quest......enjoy the experience.
Ken & Ellen

Jim Skiff
02-14-2007, 10:54 AM
http://prevostownersgroup.com/files/general/POGCARD.pub

Here is a start for those who would like to print your own. You can modify the personal information at lower left. This is in Microsoft Publisher so some of you won't be able to open it. I am also having some cards made up that will allow you to write your information on the back of the card.

Jim

Orren Zook
02-14-2007, 11:16 AM

Here is a start for those who would like to print your own. You can modify the personal information at lower left. This is in Microsoft Publisher so some of you won't be able to open it. I am also having some cards made up that will allow you to write your information on the back of the card.

Jim

I was on Microsoft's web page today and a 'free trial' of Microsoft Publisher 2007 is available for evaluation!!! Maybe it will work long enough to modify and print a few of these.....

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-14-2007, 01:23 PM

Jim

Nice Job, Skiffer! The only bad thing is the 40 some min. download of the software.
:p JIM :)

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-14-2007, 06:29 PM

Jim

Great Job Jim. And I was afraid you were going to block me from having any of these business cards, cause I don't have a bus yet ? :(

Will absolutely need them with writing on the back, when I actually get a bus picture, I can put on the back ?

Gary S

Joe Cannarozzi
02-14-2007, 09:09 PM
With the intent of getting some exposure and creating some intrest in our wonderful forum what about this idea?

I have had this shirt made and have the privlage of adorning it at this weekends R/V show in Chicago:D
Like it?

Wonder what the venders at the show are paying for a booth:eek:

Couldn't have picked a better evening for a lite hearted thread;)

Jim Skiff
02-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Joe,

I love it! You' re right, this is EXACTLY what we need tonight.

Skiffa