PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Featherlite Vantre Indirect Lighting

KenEhresman
02-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Anyone know before I get the MM out is the indirect lighting in the ceiling trays, under counters, and around windows 12v or 120V? I need to source some replacement strands to rebuild some of mine. I ordered about 3 different types of LED, but didn't care for it at all, nothing "glows" warm like the incandescent indirect.... Any sources too would be great.... they "rope light" appears to be fitted into an aluminum tray of sorts with a ribbed edge that threads into the bottom of the rope light casing which infact is shaped like a large capital D

thanks!

coreygrubb
02-15-2017, 07:34 AM
Donnie Meyer. Geo.

Gil_J
02-15-2017, 07:05 PM
Donnie Myers Luxury Coach is certainly a goto place for everything Vantare. Amadas/Featherlite is also a good place to call for parts information. Finally, Ben Cummings at Parliament Coach is the goto guy for everything electrical on Vantares.

Many converters used Tivoli brand rope lights around the windows. The challenges will have is getting a rope light to fit the existing channel. Beyond that you'll have to look at bend radius and cut limitations. LED rope lights typically have a 3" or 36" cut interval.

I hope they aren't 120V as it would require the connections to be in qualified electrical boxes. If you find the right color lighting but they're too bright you may want to consider a dimmer.

How wide is your current rope light channel?

coreygrubb
02-15-2017, 07:16 PM
The reason I mentioned Donnie is that he'll know which size you have and he stocks it in large rolls. Geo.

KenEhresman
02-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Not sure on the channel. Hard to get to, if guessing I'd say about 3/8. I'll call Donnie Meyers tomorrow as I'm interested I the upgraded patio lights. Thx all