PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500

truk4u
02-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Leaving Sunday for the Red Neck super bowl, will be just outside the front straight before turn 1 at the track. Look for big red surrounded by plastic. :D

Anyone else going?

rfoster
02-10-2007, 11:13 AM
YOU LUCKY DAWG! Do you pull for the Red Car?

Joe Cannarozzi
02-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Last year we were there was the year Jr. won.

We were turn 4, outside, under that Jumbotron on a telescopic boom that they haul around on a flatbed.

Do you do that every year?

lewpopp
02-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Tonight , about 8:30 we put our ears to the ground and heard the vibrations of the shootout. We're close enough. Just gave away 4 tickets to the next Fridays truck race. GO BODINE !!!!

Lew

truk4u
02-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Lewie,

Are you close to Bill & Jody, we're going to run down there with the Jeep one day while at the track to say hello? Lunch is on me and Jdub said he would reimburse me, cause lewbucks are no problem for anyone in the oil business.:D

King - We go each year to Daytona and both Charlotte races. Missed Charlotte last year because I was busy trying to keep Anaconda Boy from paying off Mildred while his sidekick Robin sat on the floor in his bus at night in his underwear sticking batteries to LED's..:p Just ask Kevin, he was next to him and got secret pictures.:eek:

garyde
02-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Lewie,

Are you close to Bill & Jody, we're going to run down there with the Jeep one day while at the track to say hello? Lunch is on me and Jdub said he would reimburse me, cause lewbucks are no problem for anyone in the oil business.:D

King - We go each year to Daytona and both Charlotte races. Missed Charlotte last year because I was busy trying to keep Anaconda Boy from paying off Mildred while his sidekick Robin sat on the floor in his bus at night in his underwear sticking batteries to LED's..:p Just ask Kevin, he was next to him and got secret pictures.:eek:

I,m not sure there's any profit in Burning up Oil Wells.... I think your supposed to SALE the Oil.

Jeff Bayley
02-11-2007, 04:57 PM
We are over in Bradenton, FL where we live. If we were inclined to driver over to the race for a day or two, would we be able to get in and park on the infield ? I presume this is where Tom is parked? I have no clue how it works especially without advanced tickets. We have never done the race thing but since we are so close might be fun. Anyone know what the 2 minute drill would be if we wanted to go ?

Toy Box
02-11-2007, 05:25 PM
We are parked inside next to the lake. If you need a spot with full hookups, my old spot is available next to the DAB fbo. It's called Speedway r v park. Can't miss it, ask for Ryan or Skip 877-787-2246. Tell them uncle George sent you.

Jeff Bayley
02-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm a complete goober about the track, where the lake is and all that. Sounds like the RV park is outside the track somewhere ?? I'm not too interested in the race itself but the party, hanging out (especially with other Prevost owners) and the general hubub of the event. The idea I guess would be to soak up the energy of everything BUT the race itself. Is it a week long party all week leading up to the big race and if I didn't care much about staying though the weekend would there be a place to park in the "thick of things" during the week and take it all in ?

Joe Cannarozzi
02-11-2007, 06:08 PM
This afternoon Mr. James Hylton 72 years young made a qualifying run in a Childress prepaired car. OUTSTANDING. His time was not so good BUT he now gets to participate in the twin 150's as well. I love it!

Some of you may remember the name, he did have some poles and I believe some wins too, a few years ago.

truk4u
02-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Jeff,

We're not in the infield, we're just outside the gate at the track before turn 1. If you want to experience the party, take up Toy Boxes offer. Parking is available for the bus at different locations, but not at the track. We have the same spot each year with friends from WV.

Toy Box - We will try to say hello if we can get in the infield, my cell is 770-634-7530.

Stelan73
02-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Truk: We have a home in White Sulphur Springs, WV. Where are your friends from in WV and do they have MPD?

rfoster
02-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Truk4u: This is a photo of Toy Box George - Taken while mingling at the Liberty Rally. This will help you locate him among the 200,000? at Daytona?
You'll really like him and his lovely bride Dee Dee. She gave me a big nut!
A1 Jon, DeeDee,- Georges' Lovely Wife, and Toy Box George at the Liberty Rally

Georges' Scooter- neato- It fits inside his bay with the tool box. Just drop the handle bar, and drop the seat - its in! He wouldn't- didn't price it.

George is not on the DARKSIDE - check out his LED taillights..He is one of the enlightened-- Liberty and LEDS!!

George the battery is still up on my glasses and ball!:cool:

lewpopp
02-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Toy Box,

Tell the boys how much it is to park in the infield. Jeff will be so shocked he'll run for Times Square and sleep on the sidewalk.

Too many Lewbucks.

Lew

Larry W
02-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Would love to go to the Daytona 500 but not enough of the lewbucks. We do go to races in Vegas which is coming up soon. We park in the infield. This year they have been working since last years race lowering the infield over five feet allowing much more bank in the turns. It’s suppose to make the track 20 MPH faster. We don’t know the exact location of our spot. It is close to the entrance tunnel. Any POG’s there look for us in our maroon Royale.

Larry W
00 Royale

truk4u
02-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Stelan,

They're all from Buckhannon, usually about 5 coaches, all plastic, no MPD. We have been doing Charlotte and Daytona with this bunch for about 10 years. Great bunch of people.;)

truk4u
02-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Toy Box,

Where are ya? Will be visiting the infield today. 770-634-7530.

Toy Box
02-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Truk... We are in Lauderdale trying to make enough of those coveted LEW bucks to buy fuel to get back to the bus. We are in space 73 and 74 next to the lake. Plan to be back up tomorrow nite [Wednesday] . call any time, my shoe phone # is 954-646-4490. We plan to be at or near the bus until Monday noon, or until we can get the trailer out of the drivers lot and load up our junk. Then, its back to lauderdale to print some more LEW bucks. Sorry I forgot to give you my # a post or two ago. Also, we are still talking about A#1 Jon, fast Roger and their respective, understanding, tolerant, and lovely significant others!!! Its amazing they [our wives ] let us have so much fun.?!! De De wants to know if you still have your big nuts and are you taking care to keep them clean.?

Toy Box
02-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Also to Lew man, you could probably buy a new set of drive axle tires for what it costs to be on the lake. Thankfully we service some of the toys that belong to the owners of this fine facility. We have been attending both the Feb. and the July events here since 1975 as well as the May event in Charlotte since 1990. I guess you could say we are race junkies.

lewpopp
02-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Toy, that's good for you, but you'll cause some of the guys to have a micardial infarction when they find out the 2 grand does not include a ticket to the race. Some don't carry Nitro like I do.

Lew

Joe Cannarozzi
02-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Michael Walthrups crew chief was fined 100000 dollars and suspended indeffinatly for an oily substance with an odor found in the intake manifold. WOW, what could this substance have been?

MangoMike
02-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Joe,

Not being a racing gearhead, what is the oily substance and what does it mean?

Mike

Joe Cannarozzi
02-14-2007, 09:44 PM
MM- It means he was way cheeting.

What was it? I'm trying to find out. Cup Officials are not revieling what it was.

Had to be something WAY OUT OF LINE.

How about it Toy Box, Tom whats the word down there?

In addition they impounded his car, stripped him of his qualifing time, sent him to the rear of the field for the twin 150s took 100 drivers points from him and the team is forced to go with a back-up car with no test or practice on it. This all in addition to 100000 large and no crew chief INDEFFINATLY. NO GOOD, BAD Michael, BAD BOY.

MangoMike
02-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Could only have been one thing.

MangoRita - makes anything or anyone go FAST!

mm

Jerry Winchester
02-14-2007, 10:12 PM
The thought is it was some kind of oxidizer that would help with fuel octane which would help engine performance. TRD takes one on the chin.....

Navigator
02-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Joe,

The article below is an excerpt from That'sRacin.com a very good newsletter that covers the sport and comes free each week via email.

Pemberton said a gel-like substance was found inside the intake manifold in Waltrip’s car before qualifying. The team was allowed to put another manifold on the car, but when it was pressure checked in a subsequent inspection the substance reappeared.

“It was a foreign substance that we feel should not have been in the engine,” Pemberton said. “We feel the additive was in the fuel system or fuel cell at some point.” Pemberton would not identify the substance, but said it was something the inspector who found it said he had never encountered.

For the full story and other interesting racing news click on this link: http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/2923.html

Our local news indicated that the substance located in the manifold was gelled jet fuel. Maybe some our pilots can tell us how that will affect horsepower and speed in a racing motor.

Tim

Joe Cannarozzi
02-14-2007, 10:37 PM
From reading that it sounds like Toyota is,

THROWING MICHAEL UNDER THE BUS:eek:

Don't get me wrong I've nothing against him but when Toyota announced last year they were giving him a 3 car team I was questioning there sanity back then. Over the years IMHO his preformance has been below average at best. If he wasn't driving DEI stuff I don't think he would ever won Daytona or had half the success in restrictor plate racing either. What were they going with? Name reckognition. Some guys got all the luck. Unfortunetly for Mikey it looks like its run out.

truk4u
02-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Hey Joe,

Word here at the track has it that the strange substance has the same chemical mix as Jerk Chicken Sauce from some famous joint in VA.:D

rfoster
02-15-2007, 09:40 PM
I have it from a very reliable source that its the best. Winners everywhere rave about it.:cool: