PDA

View Full Version : Bus Storage

dale farley
01-21-2017, 08:50 PM
If the bus is not being used for a month or two at a time, is there any disadvantage to: charging all batteries, turning off the 12V and 24V switches at the engine compartment and turning the inverters Off?

Gil_J
01-21-2017, 10:47 PM
That's a good approach, especial if unattended. With all power circuits off the risk of battery drain and fire are significantly reduced.

Let me answer your question with a question. The DDEC has a battery in it. Does anyone know if it's always changed or only when the key is on? My guess is anytime power is applied. If true, are we reducing the DDEC's battery life when we turn power off to everything.

dale farley
01-22-2017, 12:08 AM
I thought I had heard at one time that the DDEC always draws some power regardless of the condition of the switch, but I am not really sure. I still have the power cord plugged in, but I'm not sure it is drawing anything. Don't know what it would be.

Gil_J
01-22-2017, 10:27 AM
I just looked at the wiring diagram for a late model XL and my 03 H-3. In both cases, the DDEC power feed is connected directly to the batteries. So, the master 12V and 24V disconnect switches on a late model XL or the dash battery disconnect switch on an 03 H-3 have no affect on power to the DDEC. In both models, the only way to disconnect power to the DDEC is to remove it's connection at the batteries.