PDA

View Full Version : A Glue For You

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Looking around in my barn as I am want to do in winter when I can't do much outdoors, at all the stuff, and a lot more these days trying to get to a point to be able to full time. I came across something I want to share with you, especially the whipper-snappers that tend to follow the high tech in life. No I didn't mean you.
What that is, is my daughters Soapbox Derby car. Without going off the deep end on this. The American Soapbox Derby is a worthwile ,bonding and life shaping experience for a mother/ father and or grandmother/grand father and child. You will never forget it. The time effort and money are minimal for the benefits and rewards. Don't wait for the child to ask about it, they're too young to know, find out about it and present it to them. You won't regret it. :D JIM
www.aasbd.com

rmboies
02-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Jim,

Awwwwww, the memories of the Soap Box Derby at the Rubber Bowl! I remember when "girls" did not participate so a big "high five" to you and your daughter! One year, our girl scout troop went to the race and my Mom, as assistant scout leader, got to go to the press box. It was the year of the Bonanza guys--Pernell Roberts, Lorne Greene, Dan Blocker and of course Michael Landon. She got to meet them all and said Dan Blocker was the biggest man she ever stood next too:D

Nice to know that the this event continues. I wonder if any of them will steal the paint scheme of Sting's coach:confused:

MangoMike
02-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Jim,

At the risk of being a Sensitive New Age Guy, how about some photos of the car?

Mike

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Jim,

Mike

I'm workin on that. Went back out with the camera and nothin happened. My finger froze stiff before I could capture an image! Then when I fixed that, my frosty breath clouded the view or was it the slow photons blurred when they entered the camera. Anyway trying to find some old photos to use, but that means I have to re-install the scanner after my computer crash and then learn how to use it and figure out how to post a digital image.
So don't expect anything until tomorrow. :D :D JIM

:eek: some days I think tomorrow will never come
:confused: It's a great life if you don't weaken!

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-19-2007, 06:44 AM
MangoMike;Jim,

Mike

Jim & The Car.:cool:

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-19-2007, 06:53 AM
More of the same.:)

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-19-2007, 07:02 AM
That's all folks: ;)

garyde
03-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Great pictures Jim. when were these pictures taken?

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-20-2007, 07:04 AM
garyde;Great pictures Jim. when were these pictures taken?

Gary, They are from 2001-2003

JIM

rmboies
03-20-2007, 08:41 AM
garyde;Gary, They are from 2001-2003
JIM

Hey Jim, I recognize that "rubber" hill ;)

I enjoyed your racing suit pic as well. Any pics of your cat? I think you said you raced a cat? (and no not the kitty kind:D )

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Hey Jim, I recognize that rubber hill ;)

I enjoyed your racing suit pic as well. Any pics of your cat? I think you said you raced a cat? (and no not the kitty kind:D )

Hi Deb, Thanks for the comments. I must have 1000,s of pics. all in chaos. Trying to get this digital imaging under my belt to make some order of it all. Ha, Ha, like trying to relive a life in hind sight, or something like that. It's fun , but I keep getting side tracked in the memories.
I will try to slip pics in now and then as I appreciate it when others do it. Not for boasting but to get better acquainted with the group. ( This is not a club. I don't think so anyway. Just a group. Am I wright?) Time is a funny thing. Most people think about money and don't give time a thought, you can always find more money but you can't find more time. ( How did I get on this?) Time out for me. :eek: JIM

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Three more for now:

MangoMike
03-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Jim,

Ms.Donna and I have "discussions" while were driving the family auto. I can't imagine being in a race situation with her. You must have a great marriage. Congrats.

Mango

Joe Cannarozzi
03-20-2007, 06:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Additionally even in a 'PERFECT WORLD" I could never get Debbie even near something like that:eek:

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Well. You don't talk when you are racing. Then after the race you might not talk for another week or so!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D ;) JIM

oops I ran out of smilies.

rmboies
03-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Jim,

Great pics--I love the sound the props make when they come out of the water like that and you throttle back, very cool:D I would never race with Bob, too scarey for me. Just going close to 100mph on water is more then enough for me thank you very much. I spent a lot of time praying, hanging on, and using my knees as springs:eek:

I will say it is a great way for a face-lift ; hmmmmmm, maybe I need to re-think my position but I guess when you stop it would all droop again:p