PDA

View Full Version : Ride Height

wmbrooks
10-11-2016, 07:11 AM
I joined the site in April 2016, prior to purchasing a 2000 Vantare H3-45. The wealth of knowledge and experience of the members has been very helpful as we continue to learn the systems of our coach. I returned from a trip Sunday and discovered a very noticeable air leak when I parked. Traced it to the front ride height valve mounted beneath two air tanks between the front tires. Had it replaced at a local bus leasing company that runs a fleet of Prevosts and MCIs. With the engine running and with full air pressure, the coach now has a significant lean to the left. Any thoughts on where I should look for the problem? Thanks for your help.

W M Brooks

Gil_J
10-11-2016, 08:22 AM
The first check should be the left rear ride height valve. Given it leans while running other leak points are less likely. If this occurred right after the last maintenance action would also have me looking at the left rear ride height valve.

wmbrooks
10-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the information. Will let you know.

W M Brooks

Joe Camper
10-11-2016, 01:38 PM
U have 2 different things going on that r not related. The air leak up front and either a misadjustment or leak on the left rear as well.

Joe Camper
10-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Question about the front air leak. Did u observe that air leak while the bus was running or with the key off and not running? A leak from a ride height valve with the bus turned off may be a norgren spool valve that's leaking not the ride height valve.

Good luck happy camping.

wmbrooks
10-13-2016, 08:43 AM
I could actually hear the air leak with the bus running and it continued once I shut the engine down. I have replaced the front valve and solved "that" air leak. The left lean was traced to one of the Norgren valves behind the removable panel. We have corrected that situation also. Now I am down to tracing an air leak that lowers the left rear of the coach after being parked for an hour or so. I can hear a leak with the panel removed, but have not yet located the source. Thanks.

jbchevy3
10-15-2016, 08:46 AM
Spray soapy water on all fittings, especially at the Ping tanks above the axles. You'll find it.