PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Single Cover Needed.. not sure where mine went? Maybe KY?

KenEhresman
05-16-2016, 01:45 PM
Here is a PIC 2000 Vantare, I think Marathon used the same at one time....
ken @ 815-674-4129 or ken@atrecycle.com

KenEhresman
05-16-2016, 02:09 PM
13932Here is how it mounts

Joe Camper
05-17-2016, 08:35 PM
Those aren't cheep. Last one I know of was Dan Young he bought a replacement. It was a few hundred for sure and a close replacement but not exact. They r fussy do not rush learning exactly the correct way to install them.

Unless u r absolutly positive the tire guy is farmilure with them AND FOR SURE can put them back correctly never allow them to do it. Take them on and off yourself when having the rims off the bus and id do that every time if i had them. Very few can put them back on right that's been my experience. Either they will fall off or they r not square and tight to the rim and they r wobbly. They will strip the hub cap bolts get that leaking ect ect.

Looking closer at the bracket. Is the cap in the photo 2 piece or not. The bracket lends me to think it might be 1 piece. I've not seen those in 1 piece.

Gotta put the bracket in place usually couple a times at least, slightly bending the longer tabs to get the outer ring flush and tight to the rim.

OK called Dan.

Couple years ago he called Marathon for 1 for the steer/tag. He was told the company marathon was using to fab the caps was closed by the irs and all intellectual property was seezed among that was the prints for the stainless caps marathon was using. He said he was told at 1 time matathon stocked plenty but after the seizure they were getting them 1 at a time and unfortunately a,couple years ago he paid r u ready? 700 for a tag. He also thought or at least hoped that is in the past. Call Leon at marathon and see what he says. Maybe they got um and at a bit less money now.

KenEhresman
06-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Thanks for all the feedback... Used will probably only be the way to find the exact unit... I will continue search.... the install is pretty much common sense, and I always do it, never letting the tire people mess with it.. they like it that way, anyway.... so if someone sees a used one, PLEASE look me up.

To the person who found me on here, Called me at 10:30 EST while I was in Richmond making me crawl out of bed, who insist he "must" talk with me not email or text, yes you know who that is, please do not chime in on my threads... don't need your advise thanks! and especially don't need called at 10:30 at night. Now you better understand why I like my PRIVACY right Joe? looks like you don't mind emailing and chiming in here.

With Kindest Regards,

Ken

Gil_J
06-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Ken,

If you can't find an exact match, try getting a similar pair and running one pair on one side of the coach and the other pair on the other side. Only you will know the difference.