PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weather

Joe Cannarozzi
02-02-2007, 08:33 AM
I know Ben is camped out in Baileys drive in Braidenton and we are watching the weather channel and looks like they got it pretty hard early this morn. Hope everything is O/K down there. Called some folks we know in the Villages as well, haven't heard back.

rmboies
02-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Igot it pretty hard early this morn. Hope everything is O/K down there. Called some folks we know in the Villages as well, haven't heard back.

I just saw the news and the first thing that came to mind was "where are our friends and are they OK???" Please check in with us Roger, Micki, Jon, Di, Ben, Jeff, Helen, Lou, Kathy, and anyone else I missed:confused:

Just Plain Jeff
02-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Everything is fine here in Prevost Alley. (Lakeland). At 0800 this morning they had a warning to, "Head for your cellar, cover yourself with pillows and blankets and wait out the impending tornado. If winds are at 58 mph or higher or you witness penny-sized hail, notify your local law enforcement immediately."

Well, we don't have cellars here in Sandyland and I was online listening to the rain, talking with The Boss on the phone who is in Maine.

Most importantly, and gosh, hate to nit-pick, but if you are supposed to be covering your head in the cellar with blankets and pillows, how are you supposed to be Wally the Weatherman at the same time?

Oh well.

Storm has passed, headed for Frostproof, which may get frost in a couple of days.

Welcome to Florida!

All is well here in the camper.

lewpopp
02-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Tis a little breezy here but a neighbor mentioned we should expect something around noon.

Hope Jody and Bill are OKay in TGO. Looks like it went thru that area

As you all must know by now, I received the all important Anal award. I tried to read the direction on the bottom but my eyes need work. I remember Jeff(or someone) tell me that if dangerous things happen near me or my coach, remove the handle from the sheath and wave it around.

Hope my neighbors understand.

Looks like Liberty sold out their rally. Seems as though a lot of the overflow, maybe 2 or 3 coaches, has come into the ORA.

All is fine here. Deb, it's spelled "LEW"

Love ya all.

Lew

rmboies
02-02-2007, 10:19 AM
All is fine here. Deb, it's spelled "LEW"
Love ya all.
Lew

and I have typed LEW a thousand times, well maybe not a thousand--I guess I should not be on the phone with my friend Deb's husband "Lou" when I am writing about the real "Lew" :D

Glad you are all ok.......

ken&ellen
02-02-2007, 10:33 AM
14 reported dead and a church that had been built to with stand 150 mph winds was demolished. A tractor trailer was lifted off the highway and came to rest on another semi. I am afraid our Prevost's would have suffered the same fate. I am glad to see everyone sign in and report all is well.....even Lew...no matter how you spell it. Ken & Ellen

mike kerley
02-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Nothing on the Treasure Coast (yet) and River Ranch dodged the bullet.

Tornados are scary, but so is -17 with a 25 mile an hour wind.

Awnings are in and were not under any big trees, but if a twister hits, all bets are off.

Mike and Karen

Jerry Winchester
02-02-2007, 11:45 AM
I spoke to Roger about 15 minutes ago and he said, "What weather?" Seems he had A1 changing out some Norgren valves on the Blingmobile, so they were both in ignorant bliss.

And Jon must have been having some issues as I could hear him yelling "Anaconda" out in the background. They must be testing the "Turtlehead Early Warning System" that I am sure is an option on all Libertys :eek:

Coloradobus
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Talked to friends staying at Pelican Bay RV Resort this morning. They said, What weather? Alan and Diane will be touring Marco Island, Fla. today. On the other side, we had a record LOW last night of minus 18 in the Denver Metro area at 4:45 a.m.. Now the winds are hollowing at 25. They say our windchill is in the minus 30's. The Coach is all warm in the garage.:D

Ben
02-02-2007, 06:55 PM
We had rain and thunder but nothing else that I know of.

It sounded like a freight train for about 15 seconds, which is what a tornado is supposed to sound like, but maybe there was simply a freight train passing by nearby.

Heck, I even posted something on my blog during that time... it was about the weather, but it wasn't saying it was bad.

I won't be making it to the Liberty rally. This is my busy time of year, updating books, seminars and DVDs which means I work about 18 hours a day... the rest of the year I'm on near vacation which makes up for it. If Liberty had an open service slot after the rally, then I would have been there, but with that many coaches showing up, they are booked until mid month.

Joe Cannarozzi
02-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Ben

There is no railroad tracks around Bayleys house that I'm aware of.
I do remember a lot of large horizontal limbs on the numerous trees. Thank goodness everything was O/K.

Jeff Bayley
02-04-2007, 03:21 AM
Sorry to check in late but by now everyone knows through Ben who is at my place that we didn't have any damage.

Joe- Thanks for the phone call checking on us. You didn't leave your number and I don't have your number in my phone. I have to log onto the site to get it each time and I haven't logged on in a week or so. I haven't been very active lately.

Got two 50 amp service installed at the house. Now need to figure something out for the dump if possible.

merle&louise
02-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Hi Jeff,

Good to hear from you again. Why don't you use the storm drain in the street to dump (like in NYC). Just kidding!

We are going to be passing thru the Ft. Meyers area on the way down to the keys (leaving this morning). I am going to stop to see a 1998 Vogue in Ft.Myers.

Glad to hear that you didn't have any damage from the bad weather.

truk4u
02-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Tuga & Karen,

98 Vogue?;) Do we have MPD?:D

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Sorry to check in late but by now everyone knows through Ben who is at my place that we didn't have any damage.

Joe- Thanks for the phone call checking on us. You didn't leave your number and I don't have your number in my phone. I have to log onto the site to get it each time and I haven't logged on in a week or so. I haven't been very active lately.

Got two 50 amp service installed at the house. Now need to figure something out for the dump if possible.

Jeff, What are you doing these days, playing house?
We need more stories! :D :D

JIM

lewpopp
02-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Tuga,

You are going to stop and see a Vogue in Ft Myers. Does it have a first name? Most of us visit a person who has a Vogue. Is this Vogue in an assisted living?

Lew

Jeff Bayley
02-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Tuga-

Just to clarify, I dumped grey water in New York storm drains. Need to water the rats. For those that may not know, NYC tunnels and drains and all that stuff are completely infested with rats. I saw one the size of a small cat one time.

No new stories because I'm on sebatical from roving for a spell and yes we are trying to get laid into the house.

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-04-2007, 06:33 PM
No new stories because I'm on sebatical from roving for a spell and yes we are trying to get laid into the house.[/quote]

I SEE! :p Sounds like fun. :D :D Years ago when we would move we did the same thing!
Now when we move we says; what's the matter can't you sleep?:rolleyes:
JIM

rfoster
02-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Deb: Sorry for the late report, but JDUB Winchester is right on.
We had no bad weather and were in blissful ignorance, or I should say Blingfull Abundance.
As A1 Jon, Mr. and Mrs ToyBox (George and DeeDee) and Steve (Stelan73), Micki, Di, and myself were eating cheeseburgers and raw oysters for a few days in Stuart, Fl..

Congrats to a new POG member Shookie, on the purchase of a beautiful coach (Liberty of course) Only got to see outside as a PDI was going on getting it ready for its new home..

Liberty sold 5 coachs that I know of maybe 6, supposedly new production sold out for next 6 months ?? WOW
Had a good time, but heading back to South GA tonight, not a super bowl kinda guy.
Will post a picture or 3 when I get a better internet connection, service lousy here and in S. Florida.:cool:

rmboies
02-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Deb: Sorry for the late report, but JDUB Winchester is right on.
We had no bad weather and were in blissful ignorance, or I should say Blingfull Abundance.
:cool:

Roger, thanks for checking in, I can relax now:D I don't suppose you will be heading up 25N on your way home or 85N?? Bob and I would love to meet you for lunch, dinner, breakfast? Let us know, here's the number: 864-895-5234 hm, 864-979-5272 cell.

merle&louise
02-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Tom & Lew,

I love XL's! Yes I do have MPD, but I also have MND (Mad Newell Disease). My quandry is I love the exterior of the Prevost, but the interior of the Newell is better for tailgating because of the slides. This is my 3rd Newell and I just like them. Karen and I have gotten accustomed to the slides, and I don't see us ever going back. The price is also an issue.

The 1998 Vogue that we looked at belonged to Charles Blankenship of Naples, FL. It is listed on RVOnline.com. It is in great condition with 119,000 miles. Charles invited us to park in his driveway for the night, and we were able to visit with him at length. His FMCA number is 37004, so he has been RVing for a while.

In 1984 he built a new Liberty and kept it 20 years! He sold it in 2004 and experienced 3.5% depreciation per year! Like us cajuns say, may dat ain't bad, cher. He bought the Vogue after the Liberty, and he said that he liked it better. Of course, you must remember that he is SELLING the Vogue.
He said that Libertys are overpriced (his opinion, not mine).

From my limited experience with Prevosts, I think that it would be a good buy at the right price. Everything on the coach worked except the Splendie washer/dryer, and he will have that fixed.

We just arrived in Marathon for 2 days, and then on to Key West for 2 more days. We will be staying at Bluewater RV Resort in Key West, so pictures will follow if I can figure out how to attach them.

merle&louise
02-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Hope I did this correctly. Key West is great, Marathon was not too exciting but we enjoyed it. The weather is really nice; 77 degrees and sunny.

Danss
02-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Tuga, On way home stop in for a visit at Exit 16 in Ms. as I would like to meet you folks. Dan(1999 Vogue):)

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey Tuga, great job on the pictures. Glad it worked out for you.

Be sure and show us pictures of you and your neighbors in Bluewater. Anxious to see just what that place looks like.

MangoMike
02-08-2007, 10:49 AM
I guess a shot of Karen in a bikini at Blue Water Park may be just wishful thinking?

mm

truk4u
02-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey Tug, don't I remember a post about Karen in a bathrobe on the beach?:D C'mon Karen, be a sport, we're all freezin up here!:p

garyde
02-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Hi Tuga. Your Newell reminds me of the Great White ! Ever think about naming it? Gary

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Tuga, You out there? :D JIM

merle&louise
02-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Jim, I'll send you a PM. The email is spotty.

Dan, we will surely try to stop on the way home.

Gary, sorry this is the only picture that I could post. When I tried to attach a second picture the connection timed out. I tried it twice, no luck.

MM, Karen said that there is no way she is going to pose in a bikini. I, on the other hand, would be glad to pose in a bikini. Key West does strange things to a guy!

Trk4u, Karen left the bathrob at home. I will try to get a picture from Bluewater Key when we get a better internet connection.

Garyde, I like the name.

We saw 10 Prevosts here in the park out of 81 sites. Good representation.
The rest were plastic and towables. This place is paradise; the coconut palms and flora is beautiful. Maybe a good site for POG 4? Key West is so much fun, we watched the sunset twice and listened to a little band playing on the water front. The town is neat and the architecture is very similar to New Orleans, must be a French influence. All sites are rented on a DAILY BASIS. No monthly rates. $143/night or $4290 for one month's stay! Check my math, Lew!

Sadly, it all ends tomorrow. Back to the grindstone.

Joe Cannarozzi
02-09-2007, 09:36 AM
What a great shot. Mabye one of those coconuts will drop on your head and you'll forget how to go home.

Only 10 months or so and that will be US again!

We haven't been able to get out of single digits for highs for about 10 days now. Block heaters and synthetic oil. LOL

Tuga that 4600 price for the whole season at Sunset Key keeps looking better and better!

rfoster
02-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Tuga: I sense a little frustration in your attempt to post from Key West. I had the same problem when I was there. I finally gave it up with trying to post pics from there. Beautiful Area - just not enough wires across those bridges!:cool:

Hope you and Karen are having a great time. If she didn't bring the bikini they have a lot for sale in the quaint little shops downtown. They are over priced but what the heck, ya'll need a souvineer.

merle&louise
02-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Roger,

She was looking at a sundress yesterday for $350:eek: :eek:
Luckily, it wasn't her color (whatever that means). The bikinis were only $119
These people are nuts. I asked one of the sales ladies, "Has anyone ever bought one of these dresses for $350"? Karen said, "Thank you" and she took me by the arm and we walked out of the store!

I told her I couldn't afford that dress unless Lew would lend me the money. She said, "Who's Lew?" She needs to start posting like Debi and Ellen.

Good hearing from you, tell Micki we said hi:D

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-09-2007, 04:03 PM
In case anyone wondered the picnic was canceled today!:mad:

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Now Tuga, I am sure that Karen is worth every penny for the SunDress.

Go by it for her and don't spoil the vacation, you can eat just beans for a couple of days !!!

Gary S