PDA

View Full Version : 40fters and King Size Beds

Joe Camper
01-09-2016, 08:35 AM
I don't know about u but unless I am sleeping alone I cannot sleep comfortable on anything but a king size bed.

I have never seen a 40 with a king.....untill now.

Patient is a a Vogue, an XL, a 40ftr. Headboard portside, drivers side with 2 small nightstands either side.

The owners, she really, had some definate conclusions about what she did and did not like and the changes she wanted and any tradesman just loves that.

She expressed what she thought was a mistake with the Corian ledge that goes all the way across the back of the bus under the closet doors. The one u can't put anything permanent on cause u have to move stuff up there to get the closet doors open. And her dislike of 9 lower drawers that have the capacity of about a third of the space that entire cabinate takes up.

She decided to pull the Corian ledge and lower drawers widen the base of the bed move the rear most nightstand back and go to a king bed.

I would have never suggested this change but am extatic about the opportunity to do it because it is an ABSOLUTELY great upgrade if u r a king bed kind of people.

The pass rear corner with the huge cabinate for the old style TV and this little round lighted mirror below that is also taking up a huge amount of space. U know the one that has those 100lb slide extensions on it. (This is now mounted to the wall at the bathroom sink where it probably should be)

Well that's a tone of wasted space there too and she had me remove that. U could go with cabinate or drawers and have probably the same storage u lost with the drawers that r removed from below and its in a way better place to get at stored stuff.

She is going with cubbies and I tend to agree cabinate doors r problematic in tight spaces.

Ended up with 6 in between the back wall and the edge of the bed 80wide 77long however because the closet hangs out 4 in up above, u can't really walk around but u can make the bed ok. A compromise worth making in a vehicle full of them.

This is a very doable great idea.

dale farley
01-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Joe,

This sounds like one of those projects that I would not want to tackle. I don't suppose you have a picture of the finished product. It's a little hard to imagine what it looks like.

Joe Camper
01-09-2016, 12:27 PM
I'll send u some I cannot get pictures from my galexy s5 to this website.

dale farley
01-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Joe,

I have never determined any way to get pictures directly from my phone to the forum. I just send the picture to my email, open the email on my computer and save the picture to my desktop. I then upload the picture from desktop to POG. There may be a more direct way to do it, but this always works for me. Of course, it doesn't work at all if you are not using a computer.

Gil_J
01-09-2016, 01:40 PM
I was not able to upload pictures before with my last Android phone. MyGalaxy Note 4 seems to work as you can see with the attached.

Joe, upgrade your phone or store them in the cloud so we see your progress.

dale farley
01-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Gil, How did you get this on the forum?

Gil_J
01-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Dale,

Google recently changed how it stores pictures. They are now on the same Google "My Drive" as your documents. Assuming you store your docs and pictures on your Google drive, that may be the default for Android users, you can post them here.

Use the same menu options you would for attaching pictures that are on your PC. You will have options to capture the picture from your camera or from a folder named documents or docs. That folder will have your pictures.

In the past, pictures were stored in Google Photos that you could not select from the forum application.

Joe Camper
01-09-2016, 08:06 PM

Rest test test

Joe Camper
01-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Look at that I'm getting close that was off my phone took a picture in the dark don't know exactly what I did lol