PDA

View Full Version : The Ten Year Rule

Just Plain Jeff
01-31-2007, 07:19 AM
In the last couple of years, some campgrounds have invoked the 'ten-year rule,' that is, they will not accept reservations on a camper which is ten or more years old. So, if you have an older camper like ours, you have to do the old American side-step and lie to get it. Once they see your rig, you are good to go. You don't want to have the conversation, "But it's a Prevost, blah-blah-blah."

Or maybe they know we are trailer trash anyway and they are just using the rule as an excuse?

Not sure if this category is correct for this post, but perhaps someone would tell me how that matters?

Jus' campin'

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-31-2007, 09:09 AM
In the last couple of years, some campgrounds have invoked the 'ten-year rule,' that is, they will not accept reservations on a camper which is ten or more years old. So, if you have an older camper like ours, you have to do the old American side-step and lie to get it. Once they see your rig, you are good to go. You don't want to have the conversation, "But it's a Prevost, blah-blah-blah."

Or maybe they know we are trailer trash anyway and they are just using the rule as an excuse?

Not sure if this category is correct for this post, but perhaps someone would tell me how that matters?

Jus' campin'

I think it's more about content than category! Thanks for the tip. JIM

Ray Davis
01-31-2007, 09:39 PM
I've only seen this in the more upscale resorts, etc. I haven't yet been excluded from a place, but I'm wondering when my 93 will suddenly be a 97 or 98?

Jerry Winchester
01-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Well it has already happened to us, but the lady at Apache Palms in Tempe knew just enough to realize that when she asked me the year and make of coach, she said it would be okay.

She went on to add that it wasn't their rule but one from the City of Tempe. Go figure.

garyde
01-31-2007, 10:58 PM
The thinking behind the rule is to keep Junkers out of the Parks. Blue tarp over broken roof a/c's, missing Furnace vent covers, 3 out of 4 different Rim colors, A Volkswagon Vanagon welded to the top of a old yellow school bus, Wood plank siding, & Alcoa Tin foil curtains. And that's just a few of the folks who stayed at my park.
Its not usually a hard rule, more like a guide line.

Just Plain Jeff
02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=garyde;9862]The thinking behind the rule is to keep Junkers out of the Parks. Blue tarp over broken roof a/c's, missing Furnace vent covers, 3 out of 4 different Rim colors, A Volkswagon Vanagon welded to the top of a old yellow school bus, Wood plank siding, & Alcoa Tin foil curtains. QUOTE]

That would be us.

You forgot the outside freezer.

bill&jody
02-01-2007, 10:15 PM
we got in ok with this.