PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder

BrianE
01-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Last January Tom Truck made this suggestion (How time flies when yer havin fun):

This topic fell on deaf ears the last time...

I think it would be very helpful if members would indentify their conversion and year as part of their posts. With everyone trying to help each other, seems like a lot of wasted time trying to determine coach year and conversion to see if a particular problem or system is similar to yours. It would also help if you just wanted to compare certain systems or features with another owner of your year and make.

:p

Since we are fortunate enough to be welcoming new members, I thought we might all like to be reminded of Tom's observation. Thanks all.

BrianE
94Liberty XL, '06 Chev. Colorado

dalej
01-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Brian, I agree.

It seems that a certain percentage of our members are afraid of Identity theft. "If I put the info
out on the web you never know what weird-O might find out about me!" You have to have a
password to log on, besides there is no drivers licence, social security, bank account or any other
vital numbers on here.

For me it's hard to respect someone that is secretive about them self, but wants all the knowledge
from others.

PS...If I could get Lew’s credit card numbers, that would be good!:)

MangoMike
01-30-2007, 11:46 AM
I hesitated in the past to list my bus as I owned a Liberty and didn't want to make the Lewster feel bad.

But now that I own a Marathon, I'll post.

Mango

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Last January Tom Truck made this suggestion (How time flies when yer havin fun):

Since we are fortunate enough to be welcoming new members, I thought we might all like to be reminded of Tom's observation. Thanks all.

BrianE

OK if you insist, I will use my actual signature as of today ! :rolleyes:

garyde
01-30-2007, 10:07 PM
We all come to the forum with Prevosts on our Brain. Its not unlike any other Car Guy group , motorcycle group, etc.
Don't hold back, Share:)

truk4u
01-31-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the reminder Brian, it would sure help and it's such a simple little thing to add to the signature.;)

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-11-2007, 09:09 PM

BrianE

Welcome J Thibault, You are only one away from the 100 mark. Just wondering are you another Jim:confused:

You are the second member from north of the border.

Your in the group of the youngsters, Jeff Bayley,and Ben Wilmore.:D The rest of us are mostly old Geezers:eek:

Go to Quick Links in the toolbar and click POG map and give Dale your info to be listed on the map.

Read some and ask questions, fill in your profile and tell us something about yourself.

Do you have a coach or are you looking?

Try everything out you can't break it!

lewpopp
05-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Jim Chaloupka, would you hyrry up and purchase a coach. You're wearing me out. If you had a coach, you would be working on it half the time the time you are posting. We need the break. Anyways, we want you to know that misery loves company.

Ray Davis
05-14-2007, 03:20 PM
In the spirit of the initial suggestion in this thread (using signature to identify coach make etc), I have been thinking about another way to help us know each other better.

I had held off posting, until I complied with my own suggestion, but given this thread, I thought I'd ask what everyone thought.

At POG3 I met almost everyone, as I was there at registration, handing out badges etc. Personally, I find I'm really bad with names, but pretty good with faces. Given this, I'm suggesting that we use the forum profile picture/image capability to help us in knowing who the poster is. Most of us who have posted a profile image, have posted a picture of our bus, or at times a comical picture.

I'm suggesting that for the profile picture, we place a recent picture of ourselves perhaps with significant other included. The avatars end up on every post, and I think it's great to have something unique there. The profilie image only comes up when we specifically click over to the Member's List area to look at the members profiles.

I think this would be a great way to help us remember those we met at POG3, and would assist new people when we meet at future rallies. I'm curious if anyone else would agree.

Thanks,
Ray

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-14-2007, 06:32 PM
That's a wonderful idea Ray! I agree!:D

dale farley
05-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Ray, That sounds good to me. I have a terrible time placing names with faces. Your suggestion would help tremendously.

garyde
05-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi Ray. I have myself with my Son, Conner ,as my Profile Picture. It's not a close up so I may change it. I like your idea.

jello_jeep
05-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Ray forgot to mention, that he is volunteering to drive to each POG member's house and take nice digital photographs of them!! :rolleyes:

Those that comply with early registration for the photos, get a free plate of ribs & smoked beef.. :p

Hurry, supplies are limited!!!!

:)

Ray Davis
05-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Warren didn't quite tell the whole truth here. Actually we decided to both quit our jobs, and pile our gear (BBQ and photographic) into Warren's coach (it gets better mileage), and make our living off of tips from taking POG pictures?

Good idea, no? :eek:

Ray