PDA

View Full Version : Water System Rebuild

cthalfman
09-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Happy to be done with my recent water system overhaul. CC used plywood covered in laminate under the equipment in the water system bay (water heaters, pumps and hose reels). Miscellaneous small leaks (both coolant and fresh water) over the years had left the plywood in very bad shape. I ended up gutting the entire compartment and putting King Starboard down as a base to start with. I put all new components in the bay (60L Nautic B3 heater, Glendinning hose reel, Seaflow water pump, Viega mini blocs)

I fired up the shore water today and was happy to have only one small leak at the base of the water heater to fix.

I am most impressed with the new pressure pump. The Seaflow is rated at 5.5GPM and 60PSI. I am really impressed with the pressure in the shower with this pump. I used 3/4" PEX in the entire system up to the mini blocs as well. This has helped a great deal with keeping pressure and flow somewhat consistent when feeding multiple points. The original system would basically starve when multiple outlets were open.13743137441374513746

Joe Camper
09-30-2015, 06:22 PM
That's a big job u should be very satisfyed.

That 3/4 plywood floor is prevo not cc.

If u set a circular saw right at 3/4 often u can pull it up without disrupting the spray insulation from underneath.

3/4 tongue and grove haRd wood flooring also is a good strong replacement at the exact same thickness.

I would like a tray with a 1 in lip with a few drains down there to start some do I've seen um.

Congratulations it looks great.

cthalfman
09-30-2015, 07:30 PM
That's a big job u should be very satisfyed.

That 3/4 plywood floor is prevo not cc.

If u set a circular saw right at 3/4 often u can pull it up without disrupting the spray insulation from underneath.

3/4 tongue and grove haRd wood flooring also is a good strong replacement at the exact same thickness.

I would like a tray with a 1 in lip with a few drains down there to start some do I've seen um.

Congratulations it looks great.

Actually the entire bay is lined in aluminum sheet painted grey. Not really sure why CC would have put plywood on the bottom of a wet area on top of aluminum. The laminate top layer matches all of the other stuff CC did so it does not look like Prevost. Mine was so rotten it came out with a putty knife!!

Gil_J
09-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Chris,

That looks great! You should be proud.

cthalfman
09-30-2015, 08:34 PM
Thanks Gil. I am very happy with it.

dale farley
09-30-2015, 08:52 PM
Chris, That is one of the nicest looking plumbing bays I've seen. Great job.

JIM KELLER
10-02-2015, 07:01 AM
Wow, What A Great Job !