PDA

View Full Version : Front Bra?

msbailey6
09-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Hello, I just purchased a 2003 Liberty Elegant Lady. I would like to purchase a front bra for the coach, but have not had any luck finding any company that sells them. Does anyone know any company that sells or makes them? Thanks, Mark Bailey, Urbana Ohio

Gil_J
09-23-2015, 07:10 AM
I know Parliament Motorcoach does. Maybe, they have the pattern and can ship you one. Of course, someone local would have to install the snaps. I've seen one they made and it looked great. A good marine upholstery shop may be another place to look.

Denny
09-23-2015, 11:49 AM
Before purchasing a front bra look into the pros and cons of one. Yes it will protect the front of the bus from stones but in rain the small sand like material will get between the back side of the bra and the bus and act like sandpaper. I never had one on a bus but years ago I put one on the front of my toad and after the first rainy trip I put it on the shelf. At one time they were very popular on buses and cars but now I rarely see them.

JIM KELLER
09-23-2015, 12:10 PM
Good advice from Denny. You can't just snap them on and be done. They are somewhat labor intensive. If you get caught in the rain while traveling they need to come off at the end of the day and get cleaned on the back side. If you choose a dark color and it sits wet in the sun potential paint damage can occur. Holes are drilled in the front to install the snaps. Some may need to be replaced over time. As long as you are ok with the " Care & Feeding " required the reduction of stone and rock chips on the front will be significant.

msbailey6
09-23-2015, 09:53 PM
Thanks to each of you who responded. You provided great information. Mark Bailey

Gil_J
09-23-2015, 10:17 PM
I agree with Denny. I bought a bra for a sports car years ago. I used it once. It rained and road grime found its way to the back side.

garyde
09-27-2015, 02:02 PM
Mine l rarely use. Lose more windshields than dents.