PDA

View Full Version : Burning Man

Ben
02-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Has anyone attended the Burning Man festival in Nevada?

I'm wondering what type of conditions I might encounter. It sounds like dry camping in the desert. If you've attended, a few questions:

Did you have problems with dust getting into the bus systems?

Could you run cruise airs, or did it kick up too much dust from the air being expelled towards the ground under the coach?

Can you use the gray water bypass (is it legal?) and refill your fresh water from a portable source so you can stay for an extended period without having to leave to dump/refill tanks?

Keep in mind that I don't own a coach yet, so I'm largely clueless as to what it's like to dry camp in the open desert.

PrevostNewbie
02-11-2022, 10:56 PM
Anyone here going to Burning Man this year? August 28-September 5th.

Joe Camper
02-12-2022, 03:58 AM
I've been to that. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is not a venue most Prevo people would levitate to. The black rock desert is gypsum it is very very fine silt and when the wind gets blowing sometimes u could barley see the back of the bus from the front.

I was hired to shoffur a guy out in a Marathon about 15 yr ago, I think there were 3 or 4 Prevo out all the participants that year out of thousands and thousands. The line to get in is 6 and 8 wide and miles long took over a day in line to get through the gate. There was rain the day we were all lined up getting in. Not much but a good short rain everything turned to snot the bus alonge with almost everything else became stuck on flat hard ground untill it dried out a couple hrs later and things could get moving again.

This was an event that is not for the faint of heart. This is a test for both man and machine. By the time it was over to me it resembled the story in the bible about soddom and gamora. Make sure u have backup everything prepare yourselves and go with an open mind.

After the event and I dropped everyone back off in KC I drove the bus back to Chicago to clean and detail it and it took a week. Among other things we had to do was neutralizing all that silt that had blown through all the ac condensers and such all very assitic.

This is for the young the very open minded the daring and the crazy. If u r such a person u will love it. If u r religious u will be appouled.

PrevostNewbie
02-12-2022, 07:02 PM
This will be my 4th time. If planned for properly, It is a fun experience. Everyone should go once with proper planning to see if it is for them.