PDA

View Full Version : Elegant Lady Lighting Problem

msbailey6
09-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Hello,

I am a new owner of a 2003 Liberty Elegant Lady XLII. On our first trip, I turned on the living room ceiling lights and then used the dimmers located on the control panel behind the driver's seat to dim the intensity on both the port and starboard sides. After a short time, the port lights went out. Thinking the problem might have something to do with the port dimmer rheostat, I adjusted the dimmer switch position, but that did not make any difference. I removed the light switch panel behind the driver's seat and measured the input voltage to both dimmer rheostats. There was no power to the port dimmer. The fuse and 24 volt relay that supplies power to these lights seems to be okay. When I replaced the relay, the problem persisted. Has anyone experienced this problem? Are there separate relays that feed the port and starboard lights? If so, does anyone know what relay number feeds the port lights? Relay number 8 feeds the starboard side.

Thanks, Mark Bailey

Gil_J
09-14-2015, 09:42 PM
Mark,

If no one replies, I'd suggest you call Liberty in the morning. Owners say they are pretty good at helping their coach owners. That's a good thing because Liberty is very protective of their electrical drawings, even the most basic electrical drawings aren't supplied with their coaches.

As you probably know, generally there should be 2 voltage inputs to the relay when the lights are on. In some case, although few, the low current switch toggles the ground versus supplying voltage. If you are missing the low current voltage input (pin 86) it would seem the switch control isn't working. If it's the input to drive the lights (pin 30), then it's likely a fuse. There may be a low current control fuse and a higher current light fuse.

Joe Camper
09-15-2015, 07:31 AM
Check all the gfi around the kitchen and bathrooms.

msbailey6
09-15-2015, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

garyde
09-27-2015, 02:06 PM
Hi Mark. Congratulations on your purchase. Speak with Troy at Liberty.

Joe Camper
09-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Hey Gary how have u been? Was my guess off? On your liberty will a tripped gfi take out those lights.

I know a blown gfi in the kitchen can take out the windshield shades on a liberty a 95XL. I have a funny memory of having to close pin them up on a trip with one till we got to the bottom of it.