PDA

View Full Version : Tool Chest Slide Out

MangoMike
01-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Looking for the manufacture of the bay slide out for 12 x 26 tool chest. I could go the Joey Bed route, but it seems like overkill.

Thanks

Mike

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Looking for the manufacture of the bay slide out for 12 x 26 tool chest. I could go the Joey Bed route, but it seems like overkill.

Thanks

Mike

Is this a trick question? Usually you have the answers! Did you mean, manufacturer?
Is the 12X26 tool chest something you already have?
I don't understand your reluctance to go the Joey Bed route.
Heavy duty with tools is always best!
Tool chests, usually for me that is, get quite heavy.
Would you be making-up a dedicated tool chest slide,or will it also hold other items?
:confused: :) JIM

MangoMike
01-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow Jim,

Too many questions for a Sunday afternoon.

I'm going to purchase a 12 x 26 tool chest, like the one I currently have in the Liberty, for the H3. The Liberty one currently sits on a nice slide out rack, that seems much smaller than the Joey Bed model. The rack will only hold the tool chest.

I'll see if I can't post a pix of the Liberty one later on today.

Thanks

MIke

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Wow Jim,

Too many questions for a Sunday afternoon.

I'm going to purchase a 12 x 26 tool chest, like the one I currently have in the Liberty, for the H3. The Liberty one currently sits on a nice slide out rack, that seems much smaller than the Joey Bed model. The rack will only hold the tool chest.

I'll see if I can't post a pix of the Liberty one later on today.

Thanks

MIke

Mike, If you have an empty bay available. You could make a slick setup with full extension drawer slides and custom made drawers. Wood, would be ok. The drawer could be egg-crated, compartmentalised if you will for all your tools to be laid out to look down upon from the top and see everything at one time.
Add a second drawer above or below.
Make the second drawer egg-crated aswell for most of the spare parts you like ho have.
Above all that you will still have plenty room for a doghouse and spring water. :D
Be sure to use full extension heavy duty ball bearing slides. :D --keeping--JPJ happy!

garyde
01-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi Mike. I believe you can get some Heavy duty Slide Brackets from a Cabinet /Door /Kitchen Hardware store. Installl them on some nice Mahogany wood blocks and secure the Blocks to the Bay. Does your Liberty have the Tool box with a Slide? Use that as a Guide.

MangoMike
01-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Here's a pix of the Liberty setup.

Uncomplicated and works great.

Mike

lewpopp
01-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Mike

I know you want to get a slide out and you are getting every answer except where you cam get a slide set up.

There is a compamy that makes a thin-slide. I am trying to find it in the FMCA book and cannot. I see it every so often. If I'm not mistaken, it's called Thin-slide . I'm looking in the wrong book. Maybe it is in the Motorhome book. They make a slide out of any configuration.

I'm trying to find it but thanks for lunch today anyways. I got the Anal award today and I AM PROTESTING!!!!

Lew

lewpopp
01-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Mike, www.slimslider.com

Lew

Jerry Winchester
01-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Lew,

You looked good with the Anal Award. And it looked like some LewBucks were exchanged in there somewhere, so it must have been a good weekend for you.

Mike and I discussed your posting issue on the Taco Tour and we feel that you need your own computer such that you don't have to wait until after happy hour to get permission from Kathy to use hers. We are looking to establish a fund by which any of us can donate a used computer part with the end result being a kind of Johnny Cash "one piece at a time" computer for the Mayor of Elmyra.

We will look for a volunteer to haul it back from POG 3 to you. But it may require its own trailer for transport.......

Ben
01-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Mango,

Why not call Liberty and ask them where to get one... you don't have to tell them it's for a Marathon... afterall, you still own a Liberty don't ya?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Mango,

afterall, you still own a Liberty don't ya?

Ouch Ben, that's got to hurt...:o

Mike: So hey if you need someone to keep your other bus running down the road, since you can't drive two of um, I might know someone that for a small fee, might could help you out. :D

lewpopp
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
will the computer be of the old tube type that is hard wired? Now you're talking my language. I programed them in the late 50's.

Remember, I will be at ORA after the Liberty shindig. Don't be afraid to stop.

lewpopp
02-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Nearly got my ass kicked out of the coach tonite when I asked my bride to hook up the GPS system we bought 4 years ago for the computer.

After I saw what Tuga has in his coach, I wanted to activate our and Kathy said she has tried several times to get it working without results. It's a Rand McNally Streetfinder called Navman. It's probably too old to frig with. This one has 4 discs.

Does any one have a system I could get that isn't too damn expensive to put into my extra computer?

Lew

Jerry Winchester
02-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Try this one. I have been using it for about a year.

http://www.microsoft.com/streets/images/images07/prodShotSub_st_gps.jpg

bill&jody
02-11-2007, 12:07 AM
delorme has an easily understood interface and knows about even the most obscure roads, and it comes with a gps receiver for about $130LB. i'll show you my copy when we come down to visit in a couple o weeks.

and, even more importantly, it's not from micro$oft. :-)

wmm

MangoMike
02-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Getting back on track here:

After talking to one of the guys at Liberty, this slide out is custom fabricated by them. They weren't too crazy about making one for the Marathon (word had already spread around their camp I had gone to the dark side).

So I'm going to modify a Joey bed to make it work.

Mike

Danss
02-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Were you programming the old IBM 705,650 tape are 402? I can bearly remember those days but thats where i cut my teeth in the late fiftiees. Dan

garyde
02-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Getting back on track here:

After talking to one of the guys at Liberty, this slide out is custom fabricated by them. They weren't too crazy about making one for the Marathon (word had already spread around their camp I had gone to the dark side).

So I'm going to modify a Joey bed to make it work.

Mike

Hi Mike. I just pulled two perfect Slide rails out of a Bldg. I'm remodeling. They would be perfect for your Tool box as they supported a Large TV before. All you would need is two pieces of angle Iron to Secure them. Let me Know. Gary

MangoMike
02-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Gary,

Sounds perfect. Just let me know how much I owe you for parts and shipping.

Thanks

Mike

garyde
02-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Gary,

Sounds perfect. Just let me know how much I owe you for parts and shipping.

Thanks

Mike

It's on the way. I will e-mail you tomorrow. Gary

Jerry Winchester
02-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Mike,

You should have pulled the one out of Mothership #1 and taken it by Liberty and tell them someone stole it at the Church of Love.

MangoMike
02-12-2007, 05:26 PM
JDUB,

Well it's a good thing none of the powers that be at Liberty read the POG postings.

I can see another ship sinking at the horizon.

mm

Gary & Peggy Stevens
02-12-2007, 06:06 PM
JDUB,

Well it's a good thing none of the powers that be at Liberty read the POG postings. mm

Actually you speak too soon, Mike. I know for a fact that Robin McMcraken reads these posts all the time.

He trys to keep up with what everybody is saying about him :) Good luck with that Robin :D

Gary S

Ben
02-12-2007, 10:53 PM
I know Gary at Liberty has read some of the posts because we've discussed stuff that's been discussed on POG.

jpmilnor
12-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Dear Ben,

What a talent you have. I am an amateur, but I could always hope. I am envious, no impressed. I bow to a photographic master.

Pervis Milnor, III