PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Prevost Country Coach Lexa

travelite
05-08-2015, 09:19 AM
Ebay item number: 261877213606 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Prevost-Country-Coach-Lexa-45ft-Diesel-3-Slides-550-Cat-Low-Miles-Video-/261877213606). Built on a "Prevost bus chassis with a 550 HP Caterpillar Engine with 1850 lb / ft of torque". I'd like to know what they're smoking? :)

coreygrubb
05-08-2015, 11:37 AM
David, I think it's Gillig chassis. It's certainly no Prevo. Geo.

Gil_J
05-08-2015, 04:23 PM
This a typical buyer beware situation that occurs all of the time. It doesn't matter if it's an individual or dealer; both often misrepresent what they are selling. Honest mistakes will occur. Unfortunately, sellers frequently know they are not being honest.

In this case, this is supposed to be a seller that's both a dealer and knowledgeable RVer. Ask the seller to verify his statements and you'll likely get some back pedalling or the dear in the headlights look followed by "Really, I didn't know that." It would also be interesting what the seller would say when asked, "Now that you know it's not a Prevost, are you going to adjust the price for what it actually is." That one won't likely get a response.

-- Country Coach used Prevost shells, so it must be a Prevost. Nope, it's Country Coach's DynaMax semi-monocoque chassis.
-- Detroit did produce a 550HP C-15. Nope, not used in the Lexa. The Lexa, in late 2002, had the 515HP 1,650 lb/ft of torque engine.

Most buyers aren't going to care which C-15 rests under the hood. But many will put a different value on a Prevost shell versus a DynaMax chassis.

Buyer Beware...Seller be Honest,

Mikee
05-09-2015, 09:20 AM
I sent the seller a message asking about his here is there response.

Funny how this unit has a prevost title and prevost vin number ! according to prevost they used cat engines for over a year back in 02 because of a supply issue with Detroit and this was a custom built unit for sarah palin built to specifications by her people, this is one of three built this way. by the way this unit sold this morning to a prevost dealer from texas who was familiar with the build. thanks

Mikee

coreygrubb
05-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Strange, I got the same response. CC did build 3 of those, but they are not Prevosts. I think he might have got taken. The ad has been pulled. Geo.

Gil_J
05-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Wow! Even my Country Coach Prevost conversion doesn't have a Prevost title. My title states the manufacturer as Country Coach, but does use the Prevost VIN. This is generally how multi-stage manufacturing is done and why most titles will indicate the year as being the year of final build and not the Prevost shell model year.

I know CC did build their own shell using complete Prevost IFS frontends. I have no idea what CC model that was.

garyde
05-09-2015, 10:02 PM
I owned a 2003 CC Lexa. Its not a Prevost. Not even close.

Joe Camper
05-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Well then who was the prevo dealer in Texas familiar with the build who bought it.

I vaguely remember seeing Sarah Palin's bus on tv some time back and recall that to be an H.

Mikee
05-11-2015, 11:27 AM
The Ebay seller just sent me another message saying a dealer in Texas. Here is the VIN they sent me 2pcw3349921027877. It decodes to a 2002 XL Prevost.

Mikee

garyde
05-11-2015, 11:49 PM
It would be interesting to actually see the Coach. The Lexa coach was a limited build which only occurred in one year, 2003. Then CC
incorporated the design into its Affinity. Certainly not a Prevost shell.
So, something does not add up.

Wally
05-12-2015, 08:34 AM
This was a weird deal from the beginning.......The seller supplied me with the supposedly serial number, and it was a Prevost serial number but, the serial number he gave me was for a 2002 Marathon XLII.
Somebody got scammed when they purchased this coach a long time ago and now it looks like someone else is going to get scammed.
The seller told me that they have had no problem registering this vehicle the last two years, I am assuming in Georgia......

Dave Wishnoff
Liberty Coach of Florida

Gil_J
05-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Hopefully, the new owner doesn't try to register it in the same state that the 02 Marathon is registered in. That will be a very rude awakening. There wasn't a national title database (may be now), so 2 identical VINs could be registered at the same time as long as they weren't in the same state and the VIN wasn't flagged as stolen.

Mikee
05-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Seems my earlier post got clipped or I screwed it up. The sentence was supposed to say a Dealer in Texas bought it for 290,000. I guess strange things have happened in the coach world.

Mikee

coreygrubb
05-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Same dealer has it on rvt, he didn't sell it.

Wally
05-12-2015, 05:00 PM
My thoughts are that maybe the 2002 Marathon was totaled at some point and someone took that serial number plate off the Marathon and then added it to the Lexa along with a new title ?????

Dave Wishnoff
Liberty Coach of Florida

Dick in Wisconsin
05-12-2015, 09:25 PM
My thoughts are that maybe the 2002 Marathon was totaled at some point and someone took that serial number plate off the Marathon and then added it to the Lexa along with a new title ?????

That is quite possible. Interesting. I know that airplanes have been "rebuilt" based on the serial number data plate, but that is a completely different story.